KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Where is Raz?

Where is Raz?
Started by: Clovie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syren
dreaming

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I am unsure why people seem confused or surprised. It's been over 13 years since these forums got going. People's circumstances and priorities change.

Whatever else you might think about things now, Raz still set up and created this place, and if you ever enjoyed or still enjoy any part of that, he gave all that to everyone for free. That didn't come with a contractual obligation to stay paying full attention to this place forever.

You really should be thankful for what he made rather than laying into him because his life has him in a different place right now. I am sure he intended to do as he said, but real life is not that simple. Things get in the way. Inertia builds up. Hostile attitudes from people become very off-putting once it is a little delayed. It would be great if he was able to make certain changes, but frankly the core of what this place ever was is still here regardless. If you want to go somewhere else, go somewhere else. If you still enjoy this place, you still have him to thank for it.

If you are not finding any other place that you find better to be than here, then I am not really sure moaning about Raz, who, again, gave this place to you for free, is particularly appropriate.

This.

Also, I should've made Moderator. My biggest regret

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Feb 1st, 2013 10:23 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

R.I.P. Raz

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 12:52 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Well no.

He should have given admin position to someone else if he no longer had the desire or the time to run this place. thumb up

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 06:13 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's not a public service, so he's under no responsibility there. But again, ideally he probably would set up a situation like that, but it's really nowhere near as simple to do as people want to think, and ultimately I actually think it makes little difference.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 06:33 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I've been the admin of forums and have made people admins of forums, as well as demoting them.

It took about five minutes.

I can't imagine KMC's admin control panel is that much more super advanced and complicated.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 02:48 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

It's possible that KMC has a laughably atrocious UI, thus disabling Raz from making the 3 or 4 clicks nescearry to make someone an admin, like you can do on every single other forum in existence.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 07:59 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

The only problem he would possibly come into contact with is WHO to make Admin.

Like the others have said, it's simple shit to promote someone. I've run multiple forums. and KMC's vBulletin isn't much past vanilla.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 09:59 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Obviously I didn't mean the technical side. If you don't appreciate the other difficulties, fair enough but they are there- else it would have been done.

However, there is no point in further discussion on the matter.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 3rd, 2013 at 08:49 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 08:47 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote