KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » INTERSTELLAR (Christopher Nolan)

INTERSTELLAR (Christopher Nolan)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 16th, 2014 06:15 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

A single father must risk his life and leave his children behind to save the world. Ugh.

I hope the scenes with the family are mercifully brief. It sounds promising otherwise.

Old Post May 16th, 2014 06:53 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looking forward to seeing this..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 16th, 2014 11:16 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
A single father must risk his life and leave his children behind to save the world. Ugh.

I hope the scenes with the family are mercifully brief. It sounds promising otherwise.
So is it that you children, or single fathers, or...?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 16th, 2014 11:22 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Trailer is intriguing. A good subject to bring up. Like I said before it is looking like it might be a 2001-esque theme. But with a Nolan spin, of course.

Old Post May 17th, 2014 04:56 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Tzeentch
So is it that you hate children, or single fathers, or...?
FTFY.

I hate interesting concepts like this one being slowed down and tired out with tripe like this. I get that they introduce the family element to make us like and relate to the main character, but if that's all they can think of to elicit the desired response, then I don't hold out hope for the rest of the screenplay. This actually seems like a film that would be better off exploring the concept and consequences of its exploration, rather than on the character. Like that Europa Report movie. Which still managed to have decent characters.

Old Post May 17th, 2014 04:39 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
FTFY.

I hate interesting concepts like this one being slowed down and tired out with tripe like this. I get that they introduce the family element to make us like and relate to the main character, but if that's all they can think of to elicit the desired response, then I don't hold out hope for the rest of the screenplay. This actually seems like a film that would be better off exploring the concept and consequences of its exploration, rather than on the character. Like that Europa Report movie. Which still managed to have decent characters.

Family was the motivation for Di Caprio's character in Inception but was only touched upon and hardly took away from the inventiveness and originality of that. I don't think it'll have too much of a negative impact on this either. It's a simple mechanism to use that then allows other themes to be explored without having to give much time or focus to the motivation of the characters.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 18th, 2014 12:20 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Exactly, I hope it's a minor aspect of the film, instead of the driving focal point that eats up screen time. It's something that can still be a key motivator for the protagonist, but let us feel that motivation through the character's thoughts and experiences, rather than through expository/plot-driving scenes of the family. I really think that focusing too heavily on that part will detract from the point of the film.

Old Post May 18th, 2014 02:09 AM
WildBantha88

Nolan please don't give us a load of crap like TDKR...please im begging you

Old Post May 18th, 2014 06:26 AM
WildBantha88 is currently offline Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looking forward to seeing some wormholes

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 18th, 2014 09:26 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Been looking forward to this since Spielberg was attached, and saw the trailer at Godzilla. It looks like Gravity, but actually entertaining, or 2001, only without aliens. Can't wait.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post May 18th, 2014 04:51 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

definitely gave me a 2001 vibe. really excited for this!

Old Post May 19th, 2014 01:48 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote