KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Goku vs Cyborg Frieza

Goku vs Cyborg Frieza
Started by: atv2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
So some people are saying because King Cold didn't transform, he couldn't? He was obviously a sneak and as he knew he was stronger than his son, more than likely assumed he didn't need to transform to beat Trunks as long as he took his sword.

But there are 3 of the Planet Killer race. King Cold, Cooler, and Frieza. Frieza has 4 1/2 forms if you count Final Form 100%, Cooler has 5. Are people really assuming King Cold just can't transform at all, even though he looks nearly identical to Frieza Form 2 and both his sons have the capability?
Cooler isn't a canon manga character. Aside from that, assuming King Cold was capable of transforming into the same forms as Frieza, when such was never stated or shown in any canon source(not even the Daizenshuu), is purely baseless/speculatory. Like dadudemon said: stick to the canon sources.

But heck, I'm bored, so lets have some theoretical fun. smile

Mecha Frieza stated that he was more powerful than before--- and before said enhancements, his PL was 120,000,000. It was also stated that King Cold was more powerful than mecha Frieza. However, both of them were vastly inferior to SSJ Trunks, whose PL was stated to be the same as Goku's was on Namek, which puts him at 150,000,000. Thus, we know Cold's PL was above 120,000,000 but below 150,000,000. Lets say his PL was 140,000,000.

Now, Frieza's final form possessed about 120x more power than his first form. So if we use the same multiplier for King Cold, then that gives his theoretical final form a PL of 16,800,000,000! PLs that high wouldn't have been seen again until late in the Buu saga. Do you really think Cold was intended to be more powerful than the Androids? ASSJ Vegeta/Trunks? Perfect Cell? FPSSJ Goku/Gohan? SSJ2 Gohan? Super Perfect Cell (etc.)? I don't.

If the guy could have transformed into a more powerful form, he would have. But since he didn't, and no canon source states he could have, then we can only be left to assume that he, just like Frieza, was in his peak transformed state.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 15th, 2013 at 09:07 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 08:54 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Galan007
I wish the Planet Trade Organization as a whole would have been expanded on more.

Oh, that too. KC was the one supposedly behind it after all.

Cooler isn't a canon manga character.

Despite this, there are at least official-stated power levels for the movie characters. Super Shredder Cooler's is 470,000,000, which puts him well above Frieza's 120,000,000.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...ges/2/24/V2.jpg

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 09:19 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Frieza =/= King Cold. They are 2 completely different characters, you see. Just because they are of the same race, doesn't mean every facet of their respective powers must be equal by default (case in point: Goku and Vegeta.)

So really, adding transformations to KC that he was never shown or stated to be capable of using, is just silly. If he could have transformed into a more powerful form, the rule of deduction says he surely would have.
Hurrr.

King Cold resembles nothing less than Freeza's second form.

But here is the thing. Freeza's original form, and presumably the form his species takes on, is that of his fourth form.

Why wouldn't his father have the same appearance?

It's a plothole, a minor one, but it is there.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 09:23 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Oh, that too. KC was the one supposedly behind it after all.

Despite this, there are at least official-stated power levels for the movie characters. Super Shredder Cooler's is 470,000,000, which puts him well above Frieza's 120,000,000.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...ges/2/24/V2.jpg
Knowing Cooler's PL, doesn't make him more canon than any other non-canon movie villain. wink

Originally posted by NemeBro
Hurrr.

King Cold resembles nothing less than Freeza's second form.

But here is the thing. Freeza's original form, and presumably the form his species takes on, is that of his fourth form.

Why wouldn't his father have the same appearance?

It's a plothole, a minor one, but it is there.
You may see it as a plot-hole, but I merely see it as King Cold not being able to transform into a more powerful form. Even the Daizenshuu, which gave a brief history of Cold, didn't so much as allude to him being capable of additional transformations. No canon material does.

Like I mentioned above: if we assume KC was capable of the same transformations as Frieza, and if we assume the power increase he received was proportionate to the increase Frieza received, then that puts his PL at nearly 17 BILLION in his 'final form'. That means he would have been several times more powerful than SSJ2 Gohan or Super Perfect Cell. Was he intended to be that powerful? No phucking way.

And heck, since Cooler keeps popping up for some reason: what if Cold was capable of transforming into the same 'super shredder' form as Cooler? Since that form was roughly 4x more powerful than Frieza's final form, if the same multiplier crossed over to Cold, then that'd give his 'super shredder' form a theoretical PL of 67,200,000,000--- which would make him more powerful than SSJ3 Goku, Super Buu, etc.

Speculations aside, I'd rather stick to what's canon.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 09:47 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Knowing Cooler's PL, doesn't make him more canon than any other non-canon movie villain. wink

Never said it did, though people sometimes treat Broly as though he's canon.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 09:49 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Ya, I do wish broly were canon, though. Hell, I wish the movies were canon in general.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 09:50 PM
Villelater
Maestro Hulk fan

what if Trunks didn't have his sword during his fight with Mecha Frieza and King Cold? i heard the sword Trunks wields is magical...

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 11:47 PM
Villelater is currently offline Click here to Send Villelater a Private Message Find more posts by Villelater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

He'd have killed them just as easily. He just wouldn't have cut Frieza in half.

And he got the sword from Tapion.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 11:59 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

You may see it as a plot-hole, but I merely see it as King Cold not being able to transform into a more powerful form. Even the Daizenshuu, which gave a brief history of Cold, didn't so much as allude to him being capable of additional transformations. No canon material does.

Like I mentioned above: if we assume KC was capable of the same transformations as Frieza, and if we assume the power increase he received was proportionate to the increase Frieza received, then that puts his PL at nearly 17 BILLION in his 'final form'. That means he would have been several times more powerful than SSJ2 Gohan or Super Perfect Cell. Was he intended to be that powerful? No phucking way.

And heck, since Cooler keeps popping up for some reason: what if Cold was capable of transforming into the same 'super shredder' form as Cooler? Since that form was roughly 4x more powerful than Frieza's final form, if the same multiplier crossed over to Cold, then that'd give his 'super shredder' form a theoretical PL of 67,200,000,000--- which would make him more powerful than SSJ3 Goku, Super Buu, etc.

Speculations aside, I'd rather stick to what's canon.

Okay, you're not paying attention.

Freeza's fourth form wasn't something he created for himself. It is the form he was born with. It is his natural, his true form, not one created to make him more powerful. He created the lesser forms to restrain his power.

Why would King Cold then not be born with the same form as Freeza? They are the same species.

I'm not saying King Cold canonically has a fourth form like Freeza. He obviously doesn't, and he was not intended to be that powerful (And you're still using numbers for power levels you can't verify but hey). I'm saying the fact that he doesn't have one is a plothole.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 12:22 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Villelater
what if Trunks didn't have his sword during his fight with Mecha Frieza and King Cold? i heard the sword Trunks wields is magical...
Magical or not, the sword still shattered upon striking #18, so its limits are well-defined. Regardless, Trunks certainly didn't 'need' the sword to kill either of them--- a fact he demonstrated when he let King Cold have the sword.

Okay, you're not paying attention.

Freeza's fourth form wasn't something he created for himself. It is the form he was born with. It is his natural, his true form, not one created to make him more powerful. He created the lesser forms to restrain his power.

Why would King Cold then not be born with the same form as Freeza? They are the same species.

I'm not saying King Cold canonically has a fourth form like Freeza. He obviously doesn't, and he was not intended to be that powerful (And you're still using numbers for power levels you can't verify but hey). I'm saying the fact that he doesn't have one is a plothole.
I get what you're saying, but I don't know if you're understanding me.

We know for a fact that KC's PL was above 120,000,000, but below 150,000,000--- so giving him an estimated PL of 140,000,000(like I did) is perfectly fair, and moreover, logical. Having said that, if we assume that King Cold would have received the same power amp/multiplier as Frieza upon transforming(which, again, is perfectly logical), then that would give Cold's 'final form' a PL of nearly 17 billion--- ie. he'd be several times more powerful than SSJ2 Gohan and/or Super Perfect Cell. Clearly Cold wasn't intended to be anywhere near the level of a rookie SSJ, let alone a SSJ2, let alone much more powerful than a SSJ2.

So if you want to call it a plot-hole, I suppose that's fitting. Either way, the form we saw Cold in was clearly intended to be his 'peak' transformed state.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 05:44 PM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I get what you're saying, but I don't know if you're understanding me.

We know for a fact that KC's PL was above 120,000,000, but below 150,000,000--- so giving him an estimated PL of 140,000,000(like I did) is perfectly fair, and moreover, logical. Having said that, if we assume that King Cold would have received the same power amp/multiplier as Frieza upon transforming(which, again, is perfectly logical), then that would give Cold's 'final form' a PL of nearly 17 billion--- ie. he'd be several times more powerful than SSJ2 Gohan and/or Super Perfect Cell. Clearly Cold wasn't intended to be anywhere near the level of a rookie SSJ, let alone a SSJ2, let alone much more powerful than a SSJ2.

So if you want to call it a plot-hole, I suppose that's fitting. Either way, the form we saw Cold in was clearly intended to be his 'peak' transformed state.

It could be that KC couldn't control that power from the start, tus is forced to exist in a reduced form state. After all, Frieza's 2nd form was stated to be at 1 million right, that is less than 1% of his total max output. If we take that the form we see KC in is about 0.8% of his total max power level... yeah. I doubt KC trains or fights anywhere near as much as Freeza (Nor Cooler for that matter if you want to compare that), and Freeza hardly trains anyways, he is more than satisfied with blowing away underlings with power levels no stronger than Raditz.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 06:18 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ The Z fighters sensed that KC was actually more powerful than mecha Frieza--- hence the ridiculously high power approximations I listed above. Tbh, I just don't think there was any intention for KC to be able to access more powerful transformations. No canon source alludes to such, at least. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 16th, 2013 at 06:27 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 06:20 PM
NemeBro

Freeza was born with it.

Logic dictates KC would likely be born with it.

The other forms were created by Freeza to suppress his power. Toriyama did not intend KC to be more powerful than he was portrayed, but logically, he would be due to the apparent nature of the race.

It is a plothole, lol.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 07:40 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Freeza was born with it.

Logic dictates KC would likely be born with it.
Only if we assume every member of their race is able to attain the same forms--- which, per canon, evidently isn't the case. Perhaps Frieza's 4th form is his 'true form', while Cold's 2nd form is his 'true form'..?

Either way, we both agree that Cold was in his peak form, and was using his peak power, when Trunks killed him. thumb up

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 03:07 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

Maybe Freeza's true form has something to do with his mother's side, and not his father.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 03:25 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Frieza had to have gotten something from his mother, because his color scheme was nothing like Cold's.

cool

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 03:33 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

Chilled only has one form, Kuriza only has 2, Cooler had 5, Freeza 4. It does range in that family. lol

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 04:28 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Hm, true. If you use ALL sources then there really is no consistency whatsoever.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 04:33 PM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Only if we assume every member of their race is able to attain the same forms--- which, per canon, evidently isn't the case. Perhaps Frieza's 4th form is his 'true form', while Cold's 2nd form is his 'true form'..?

Either way, we both agree that Cold was in his peak form, and was using his peak power, when Trunks killed him. thumb up

Hows about I suggest that although all the Icehjins/Frost Demons/whatever the hell Freeza's race is, are born into their 4th form, and all the forms lesser than this are restricted power forms simply due to them being far too destructive upon maturing? With the exeption of Cooler, they all seemed to have trouble with actual control over their emotions, nevermind their powers...

Id KC had such a high personal power, I can garuntee you he'd have even less control of himself tha Broly ever did, and if what Goku said to Freeza holds any weight, the race as a whole can only seem to handle so much of their own power.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 06:18 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Hows about I suggest that although all the Icehjins/Frost Demons/whatever the hell Freeza's race is, are born into their 4th form, and all the forms lesser than this are restricted power forms simply due to them being far too destructive upon maturing? With the exeption of Cooler, they all seemed to have trouble with actual control over their emotions, nevermind their powers...

Id KC had such a high personal power, I can garuntee you he'd have even less control of himself tha Broly ever did, and if what Goku said to Freeza holds any weight, the race as a whole can only seem to handle so much of their own power.

That's pretty much what i thought

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 06:31 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote