KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Ironman.... The God Killer?

Ironman.... The God Killer?
Started by: armedforbattle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Igniz
From what I saw in a site, it seems the Shi'ard(an offshoot of the Shi'ar race) is raging angry that their God(Phoenix) was murdered.And they are holding Ironman responsible for the Phoenix's demise.

Well that explains the god killer thing.. They do know that the phoenix will revive right? Or is it just the offense of someone attacking/killing their god never mind it's immortality?

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Jan 18th, 2013 07:55 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Cover for #7

(please log in to view the image)

KIERON GILLEN (W) • GREG LAND (A/C)
AVX AFTERMATH!
Issue #7
THE GODKILLER ARC CONTINUES
• THE SHI’ARD - race of aliens related to the Shi’ar - accuse Tony Stark of killing their god.
• That god was the Phoenix!
• Can Tony trust the ancient alien machine that has offered to help him?

Originally posted by SevenShackles
Well that explains the god killer thing.. They do know that the phoenix will revive right? Or is it just the offense of someone attacking/killing their god never mind it's immortality?

Beats me.We can only assume the Shi'ard doesn't know their God(Phoenix) that much.Otherwise, Tony wouldn't find himself in deep trouble with them.The Phoenix must have done the Shi'ard a big favor in the past.

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Jan 19th, 2013 02:12 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

I thought Sharra and Ky'thri were the main gods of the Shi'ar. And I think they were killed by Chaos King.

Mostly the Shi'ar just seem to be scared of the Phoenix don't they? I think there was a non-canon story where the Phoenix was one of the Shi'ar pantheon.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2013 01:29 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Are their any examples of the Phoenix actually living up to the whole "Rebirth" aspect of its representation besides just blowing up planets and solar systems?

Besides the recent Mutant rebirths on Earth? I'm sure this new series we cover at least one case.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2013 02:41 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by the ninjak
Are their any examples of the Phoenix actually living up to the whole "Rebirth" aspect of its representation besides just blowing up planets and solar systems?

Besides the recent Mutant rebirths on Earth? I'm sure this new series we cover at least one case.

In its previous portrayals, there were a couple.

The mutant rebirths were ignited by the Phoenix' ultimate sacrifice.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 02:57 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
In its previous portrayals, there were a couple.

The mutant rebirths were ignited by the Phoenix' ultimate sacrifice.

Which still makes no goddamn sense, seeing as the Phoenix is meant to be the life force of the multiverse, so really everyone should have died.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 10:45 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So with #6, no sign of the Guardians of the galaxy

i'm guessing they show up in the Godkiller story to get Stark out of jail.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 07:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Space hos will get the D.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 07:41 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

I thought the Shi'ar sacrificed millions just to keep the Phoenix imprisoned....

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 07:45 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DragonRider19
Kurt Phucking Angle

There is Shi'ar and then There is the Shi'ard.
The shi'ard are the ones that worship Phoenix.

And the Phoenix isn't gone forever. A phoenix is something that is constantly reborn + Marvel isn't gonna just toss the Phoenix Force away like that.

The Ankle Butcher, Patriotic Entity,
Earths Mightiest Hero, KURT PHUCKING ANGLE.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 04:49 PM
DragonRider19 is currently offline Click here to Send DragonRider19 a Private Message Find more posts by DragonRider19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

screw all that--when the heck did death's head become 30' tall? blink

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 03:10 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by leonidas
screw all that--when the heck did death's head become 30' tall? blink
When his momma told him he could be anything he wanted stop stepping on his dreams leo

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 03:57 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

embarrasment

Old Post Apr 7th, 2013 01:44 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 07:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Which still makes no goddamn sense, seeing as the Phoenix is meant to be the life force of the multiverse, so really everyone should have died.

Hyperbole. The Force in the present timeline is definitely dead. However in the Original Five storyline being written by Bendis currently, there are indications that the Jean Grey from the past has probably brought the bird with her to the current time.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2013 11:27 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote