KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » absorbing man vs superman

absorbing man vs superman
Started by: blade31092

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman beats everyone. It's not a low showing to lose to Superman.
I never said it's a low showing. Ever. I said he loses to Superman so people can't say he's beyond Superman because it ignores canon showings.
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
Nope its bullshit. One moment Darkseid harms the spectre, and the antimonitor. One moment he's taking out the JLA. Then he beats up superman

Biased writing? LOL COmics is ful of biased writing.

Writers make superman to be unstoppable, yet in JLA they make him just another part of the team who can be beaten. What universe do you live in?
Context. He had tech and Luthor hurt the Am. Supergirl also hurt the Am as did the Flash.

Black Adam also hurt the Spectre. How many years ago did he beat up the jla ? Is that the norm now ?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:14 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, CIS is his downfall. Honestly creel shouldn't lose ever but then I remember he was turned to cocaine by some thugs and distributed among junkies at some point who ate him and he had to reform himself out of their urine in sewers.

sick
WTF are you serious? Someone find dem scanz!

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:15 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by quanchi112
I never said it's a low showing. Ever. I said he loses to Superman so people can't say he's beyond Superman because it ignores canon showings. Context. He had tech and Luthor hurt the Am. Supergirl also hurt the Am as did the Flash.

Black Adam also hurt the Spectre. How many years ago did he beat up the jla ? Is that the norm now ?

You're contradicting yourself in your own post.

Originally posted by Zack Fair

You've never seen that? Damn...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:18 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThereIsHope

You didnt mention how Darkseid hurt the anti monitor. How odd.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:19 AM
ThereIsHope is currently offline Click here to Send ThereIsHope a Private Message Find more posts by ThereIsHope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by -Pr-
You're contradicting yourself in your own post.

You've never seen that? Damn...
No, I am not since I have always seen them as peers. I see Superman and Darkseid as peers. People who say Superman winning against Darkseid is bad writing is saying he's beyond Superman. I disagree because I argue based off what the writers give us.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:20 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThereIsHope

Wrong as usual. Darkseid has been shown to take down Skyfathers, as well as hurt the Anti Monitor. Then he loses to superman. Its obviously character biased.

WHy do you always ruin a perfectly good debate. WHy dont you do what all good little children do and just sit back and watch?

Its like in JLA when Superman says Martian Manhunter is the strongest in the world. Do you think that, that would happen in a superman comic? How about in JLA. WHen the guy who started the JLA came back after selling his soul and he was draining superman. Do you think that would have happend in a Superman comic?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:23 AM
ThereIsHope is currently offline Click here to Send ThereIsHope a Private Message Find more posts by ThereIsHope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Wrong as usual. Darkseid has been shown to take down Skyfathers, as well as hurt the Anti Monitor. Then he loses to superman. Its obviously character biased.

WHy do you always ruin a perfectly good debate. WHy dont you do what all good little children do and just sit back and watch?

Its like in JLA when Superman says Martian Manhunter is the strongest in the world. Do you think that, that would happen in a superman comic? How about in JLA. WHen the guy who started the JLA came back after selling his soul and he was draining superman. Do you think that would have happend in a Superman comic?
What skyfathers has he taken down ? Let's examine this.

What happened when Darkseid ran into Doomsday ?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:25 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Zack Fair

I'm completely serious. I don't have the scans however. Maybe someone else can post them.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:28 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sh3nG L0nG
Armor King's puppeteer

What skyfathers has he taken down ? Let's examine this.

What happened when Darkseid ran into Doomsday ?

Darkseid served a purpose in that comic, Thanos would've served the same purpose. To say otherwise would be a biased opinion.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:30 AM
Sh3nG L0nG is currently offline Click here to Send Sh3nG L0nG a Private Message Find more posts by Sh3nG L0nG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

No, I am not since I have always seen them as peers. I see Superman and Darkseid as peers. People who say Superman winning against Darkseid is bad writing is saying he's beyond Superman. I disagree because I argue based off what the writers give us.

lol no.

Honestly, you might think you can peddle that shit to the new members, but seriously, trying it with me is just tired.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:32 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Sh3nG L0nG
Darkseid served a purpose in that comic, Thanos would've served the same purpose. To say otherwise would be a biased opinion.
I disagree. Thanos was in a comic story and actually prevailed over the force of that story. Blood and thunder focused on an out of control thunder god who had acquired the power gem. Thanos prevailed. Saying the same thing would happen to Thanos and treating it as fact is wishful thinking.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:32 AM
ThereIsHope

Who hasnt lost to doomsday? Didnt even gaurdians lose to doomsday? Your point is made moot.

Last time I checked I thought Mantis was a skyfather level being. Maybe i was wrong. I can admit that.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:34 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Here is the scene I was talking about

Owl supplies Creel with a kilo of the drug they fed him in prison (presumably cocaine, although it's never stated specifically in the book). In Creel's drugged out stupor, he inadvertantly absorbs the properties of the drug. The Owl has his men blow Creel all over the walls where they scrape it into bags with the intent of selling Creel on the streets as a new designer drug:

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Later it's discovered that everytime one of these people who use "Creel" sweats, cries, or takes a piss, a small piece of the real Creel ends up in the sewers where Creel is able to fully reconstitute himself from the small droplets of liquid:

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:37 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Who hasnt lost to doomsday? Didnt even gaurdians lose to doomsday? Your point is made moot.

Last time I checked I thought Mantis was a skyfather level being. Maybe i was wrong. I can admit that.
DD had a gl ring and they defeated DD.

No, he isn't. Did you see him in death of the new gods ?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:37 AM
ThereIsHope

I cant recall Death of the New Gods. Characters powers change. I already said I might have been wrong. Yup they defeated DD, but the gaurdian had to sacrifice himself. If the gaurdian didnt do that then DD would have become immune.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:39 AM
ThereIsHope

Hyperions biggest feat was living through the daisy cutters, and even then he was hurt.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:40 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I cant recall Death of the New Gods. Characters powers change. I already said I might have been wrong. Yup they defeated DD, but the gaurdian had to sacrifice himself. If the gaurdian didnt do that then DD would have become immune.
The guardians still beat him with an amp.

Hyperions biggest feat was living through the daisy cutters, and even then he was hurt.
Wrong thread. LOL.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:43 AM
ThereIsHope

The point is that the Gurdians said they would have eventually lost. So your point is moot again. Move on.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:44 AM
Sh3nG L0nG
Armor King's puppeteer

I disagree. Thanos was in a comic story and actually prevailed over the force of that story. Blood and thunder focused on an out of control thunder god who had acquired the power gem. Thanos prevailed. Saying the same thing would happen to Thanos and treating it as fact is wishful thinking.

Thanos recently lost to a team he should've wiped the floor with (as I'm sure you're well aware of) but he didn't because the story required him to lose, doesn't make him any less powerful in my opinion. Superman is not in Darkseid's league. in fact, I'll go as far as saying that DS losing to superman is PIS pretty much 99% of the time.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:44 AM
Sh3nG L0nG is currently offline Click here to Send Sh3nG L0nG a Private Message Find more posts by Sh3nG L0nG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by abhilegend
Here is the scene I was talking about

Owl supplies Creel with a kilo of the drug they fed him in prison (presumably cocaine, although it's never stated specifically in the book). In Creel's drugged out stupor, he inadvertantly absorbs the properties of the drug. The Owl has his men blow Creel all over the walls where they scrape it into bags with the intent of selling Creel on the streets as a new designer drug:

Later it's discovered that everytime one of these people who use "Creel" sweats, cries, or takes a piss, a small piece of the real Creel ends up in the sewers where Creel is able to fully reconstitute himself from the small droplets of liquid:

That is just too awesome...and sad at the same time. Those tugs are uber.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 04:45 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote