KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul and Savage Opress vs Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano

Darth Maul and Savage Opress vs Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano
Started by: Sybrael

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
What do you think Anakin will defeat Maul before Opress defeats Ashoka?

You underestimate Tano's abilities. She defeated Pre Visla, who did very well against Maul. And seeing as to how Savage was trashed by Maul, it's inconceivable to see how Ahsoka would be tooled by Savage.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2013 08:54 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by NewGuy01
You underestimate Tano's abilities. She defeated Pre Visla, who did very well against Maul. And seeing as to how Savage was trashed by Maul, it's inconceivable to see how Ahsoka would be tooled by Savage.

Ok that's possibly one of the worst A>B>C logic I've ever heard.

Maul challenged Pre Vizla to honorable combat. Which is why he didn't use any force powers against him. Otherwise looking at how Opress was casually choking and throwing Deathwatch warriors around, I don't see how Vizla would be any more difficult to deal with by Maul.

And IIRC wasn't Pre-Vizla drunk when he fought Ashoka? And he floored her first. And I don't think she actually defeated him.

Anyway Ashoka might be getting quite competent in Saber combat, but a beast like Opress can Force Choke her and physically overpower her without a problem.

Your also underestimating how well Maul can do against Anakin Imo.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Feb 15th, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2013 10:58 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Ok that's possibly one of the worst A>B>C logic I've ever heard.

Maul challenged Pre Vizla to honorable combat. Which is why he didn't use any force powers against him. Otherwise looking at how Opress was casually choking and throwing Deathwatch warriors around, I don't see how Vizla would be any more difficult to deal with by Maul.

And IIRC wasn't Pre-Vizla drunk when he fought Ashoka? And he floored her first. And I don't think she actually defeated him.

Anyway Ashoka might be getting quite competent in Saber combat, but a beast like Opress can Force Choke her and physically overpower her without a problem.

Your also underestimating how well Maul can do against Anakin Imo.

The above is all correct. My point was that her power should be at least comparable to Savages. It wasn't meant to say Ahsoka owns savage lol

Old Post Feb 15th, 2013 11:22 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Tano loses quickly. Anakin never seemed to be extremely good with JarKai to me in AoTC. I say the brothers use TK and teamwork to win a tough fight.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Feb 16th, 2013 02:42 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acasha

What do you think Anakin will defeat Maul before Opress defeats Ashoka?

He probably wont defeat him first before Opress kills Ahsoka sad

Old Post Feb 16th, 2013 03:15 AM
Click here to Send Acasha a Private Message Find more posts by Acasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mnat801

Who else, like me, would have preferred Savage weilding a single heavy duty saber and Maul a new double-sided saber?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2013 03:33 AM
Click here to Send mnat801 a Private Message Find more posts by mnat801 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by mnat801
Who else, like me, would have preferred Savage weilding a single heavy duty saber and Maul a new double-sided saber?

Well, I doubt that would change the outcome of the fight. I think it would have been cool to see Maul using his old lightsaber again though as well as his silent attitude.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2013 07:36 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin tanks Ahsoka through this, and overpowers Maul IMO.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Feb 16th, 2013 07:42 AM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by Dolos
Anakin tanks Ahsoka through this, and overpowers Maul IMO.

What about Savage? His victories over Council Members like Plo and Adi establish him as stronger than a padawan like Ahsoka.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2013 07:50 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Vensai
What about Savage? His victories over Council Members like Plo and Adi establish him as stronger than a padawan like Ahsoka.

That's why Anakin tanks her through this.

He wouldn't need much more than Ashoka to give him the edge here.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Feb 16th, 2013 07:57 AM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Vensai
Tano loses quickly. Anakin never seemed to be extremely good with JarKai to me in AoTC. I say the brothers use TK and teamwork to win a tough fight.

A very possible scenario.

Btw according to the AOTC novel Anakin's Jar Kai gave Dooku a lot of trouble. Doesn't matter how many seconds it lasted in the movies, it matters how close he came to passing Dooku's defenses in those few seconds.

Originally posted by Dolos
That's why Anakin tanks her through this.

He wouldn't need much more than Ashoka to give him the edge here.

Problem is like Mace and crew displayed against Sidious, if one party is not on a competing level with the foe then they may not be any help at all.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2013 12:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bergmar

Team 1 easily

Old Post May 26th, 2021 07:02 PM
Click here to Send Bergmar a Private Message Find more posts by Bergmar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

Holy necromancy, Batman!

Yeah, with the context of Season 7, Ahsoka and Anakin can definitely take this. Anakin is hands down superior to either Savage or Maul, and Ahsoka can hold her own fairly well against Maul 1v1, which should put her above Savage in terms of skill. Granted, there's still a good chance that Savage just batters his way through her defenses like he's done against others like Kenobi and Dooku, and her physical strikes will have about the same lack of effect as Adi's. But she can still probably keep him occupied long enough for Anakin to demolish Maul, and then the Jedi duo destroys Savage.

Old Post May 27th, 2021 05:02 PM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Underachiever59
Holy necromancy, Batman!

Yeah, with the context of Season 7, Ahsoka and Anakin can definitely take this.

Tbf this thread was referring to S5 Ahsoka.

But yeah I clearly underestimated her innate Filoni Powah.

Old Post May 27th, 2021 06:31 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Anakin solos

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jun 9th, 2021 12:14 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote