KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » KMC Writer's Tournament

KMC Writer's Tournament
Started by: Blair Wind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Couple questions, don't know if you answered them, but anyway:

Do you have to label panels and pages and what is happening on each one? Because this could get tedious fast for if I wanted to write something.
Or could we just let it flow, and the readers pick for themselves what happened on what pages?

Read the rules. Script format, no panels.

quote:
And, how many characters (by this I mean the 10000 character limit) on average would your standard issue be? How many posts? 1 full post, 2 posts, etc?

It's based on pages done in Google Drive. If you have a gmail account, you have a Google Drive (Google's online version of Microsoft Office). You can then share the link. For an example, refer to Oliver North's post in the Writer's Pitch thread.

quote:
And, if we finished it all, could we drop multiple issues at once, or do we have to wait? 6 months is a lot of time to wait if you're proud of your post and you want people to see it.
I understand if not though. However, what about bi-weekly, or weekly?

That's something I'd have to think about. I made it 6 months to give people time to write their stories since I know people can be busy. If the other participants all feel like they can write their six issues in a shorter period of time, we can talk about it. Otherwise, I don't think that would be fair to the rest of the participants

quote:
I'm going to write up one "issue" regardless before I officially sign up.

thumb up cool

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 11:49 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

I'll be honest, I have no problem with different writers posting parts of their story early, but there is almost no way I feel I could produce my best work if I were pushing for 4-5 pages a week. Maybe by the end of April, but right now I'd prefer the month.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2013 11:43 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I don't mind people turning in their parts early either. But I wouldn't be able to do that, so I'd prefer that we can stick to the earlier schedule at least.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2013 07:00 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I've started writing and I'm actually quite happy with it so far. I write in plain text so I don't know page count, but I assume 250 words per page is about average so I'll aim for 2500 - 3000 words for the 10 page issue. Which means if I don't delete everything (which might happen as I start to hate it) I'm already about 15-20% through, w00

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 01:36 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§ilenda
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by -Pr- on Feb 19th, 2013 at 09:14 AM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 09:02 AM
§ilenda is currently offline Click here to Send §ilenda a Private Message Find more posts by §ilenda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

interested

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 05:52 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

I've actually just gotten some convenient practice writing scripts recently because a section of my novel is rendered in manuscript format. I think captions will come in handy in supplementing the dialogue, keeping it from being sparse.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 04:28 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

"my novel" I lolled

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 04:46 AM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
"my novel" I lolled

Yes, read that part of the post with a patronizing up-lilting Stewie voice.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 04:59 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Sin I AM
interested

Gonna compete?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 05:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

So, is anyone done yet with their first issue?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2013 02:37 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm about 75% done with mine.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 21st, 2013 02:44 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm about 75% done with mine.
Cripes. You're slower than the 7 year itch.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 21st, 2013 04:30 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I had to break up my one story in to six issues so that none of them would feel like filler. I want it to flow well.

Mister Pm-un-answering-guy.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 21st, 2013 04:37 AM
Starscream M

Originally posted by Omega Vision
So, is anyone done yet with their first issue?
i haven't started

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 21st, 2013 05:26 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Maybe you should get on that....

Old Post Mar 21st, 2013 05:36 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

I'll be honest, issue 1 is going to be tough for me, I've got paper to mark and all this nonsense...

Haven't put pen to paper, so to speak, but I'm 60%, ish, done the issue in terms of knowing how all the dialogue goes.

It will be considerably better for other issues, but damn work...

Old Post Mar 21st, 2013 04:13 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

When it comes to writing for deadlines, I usually write something in a day and turn it in two weeks or even a month before it's due, but I've never written anything in this format before, so who knows.

I haven't started writing the issue yet.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2013 01:08 AM
Bardock42

I'm still as far into it as I was when I last posted about it.

How is this going to work, btw? Where are we posting them?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2013 08:14 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

I'm going to be opening a thread the day before the issues are due. Post your Google Drive link there and the judges will read them.

In addition, sometime between this issue and the next, I'll be PM'ing everyone for the small interview that you all agreed to.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2013 11:55 PM