KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 12 13 [14]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The author really doesn't seem terribly intelligent. He doesn't seem to understand how many sales he got because of the popularity from the games.

That said, I've heard that Polish laws are different from American laws and that he may end up winning this case.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 08:27 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Devils advocate, Superman bros were essentially penniless. DC never had to give them another dime over their original agreement, but did it anyway.

I completely agree he made his deal. The game COULD have bombed. The odds were on his side for that bet. He lost.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 10:54 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Difference is he acted like an ungrateful shit when the game did good and he realized it, instead of swallowing his pride and asking for more because he had no idea how good things would go. CDPR are awesome and somw of the nicest devs currently on the market. Witcher 3 has helped fund Poland itself by their hand. If he had acted right he could've gotten something but he basically attacked them.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 04:38 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Despite what he says, the games have given him something, albeit indrectly. The games have introduced the books to an entire new audience who otherwise probably never would have heard of them or bought them. I, myself, own five of his books that I never would have bought had I not loved The Witcher 3 so much.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 05:04 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Any news on the court case?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 02:30 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuse...640842201055232

He looks like he decided to dress up as a half-assed Geralt for Halloween, lol. He really doesn't suit the role but we'll see I guess.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 04:09 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

He's fine. They just need better make-up to make him more rugged. And a better wig.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 04:19 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
https://www.engadget.com/2018/10/03...cd-projekt-red/

Gotta say that's mighty scummy. Basically "your game's gonna be crap, I don't want your shares. Nobody's gonna want Witcher. Oh, it did well? Uh, hey, can I have some money? I'll sue if you don't gimme." I get this douche canoe created Witcher but he sold the rights. This shouldn't even be a debate.

The author of the Metro novels called Andrzej Sapkowski An “Old Fool” among other things

https://www.pcinvasion.com/metro-20...thor-sapkowski/

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 04:23 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 05:15 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Anyone still wondering about that dispute between CD Projekt and the Witcher author, it's been settled.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/1...-witcher-author

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 04:26 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Apparently they already got mods to change your witcher 3 characters to look like their tv counterparts.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2019 09:51 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Been reading everyone has been playing the 3rd game after watching the tv show.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2019 12:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Been reading everyone has been playing the 3rd game after watching the tv show.

Yep they had more people playing on steam than they did launch day.

And yes there is already a mod for witcher 3 that adds in the "toss a coin to your witcher" song.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2020 10:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

The DLC for the game was wayyyyyyyyyyyy better then the main story, the story wasn't bad, the climax was pretty good.

**** Yen and her "fiery" personality, she's a *****, plain and simple.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 09:06 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote