KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Disney Confirms Standalone Star Wars Films

Disney Confirms Standalone Star Wars Films
Started by: focus4chumps

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RedShift
There was never really much creativity to begin with.

im just going to assume for your benefit that you are referring to the PT.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Well they're doing a 7,8 and 9 which will obviously all be new stuff with new main characters.

But don't you want to see the classic characters as long as they're done right?

7,8,&9 will have some new characters of course, but its going to most likely be an extension of the OT, bringing back a congo-line old characters.

i had hoped that they would use these standalone films to breath new life into the SW universe.
boba fett and han solo were 'done right' 30 years ago.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Last edited by focus4chumps on Feb 7th, 2013 at 03:46 PM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 03:38 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by focus4chumps

i had hoped that they would use these standalone films to breath new life into the SW universe.
boba fett and han solo were 'done right' 30 years ago.

Well to be fair Boba Fett hardly appeared in those movies.

And of course fans would want more Han Solo. The guy was one of the most iconic characters in movie history.

Also after ANH he wasn't really involved in much action. His story basically became a love story. And his role in ROTJ really was minimal for a main character.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 04:06 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also after ANH he wasn't really involved in much action.

no expression

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 05:15 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's certainly true that Han had northing interesting to do in ROTJ- getting rescued had him in comedy mode, and then he just turned into generic soldier guy; he felt less like a distinct character than in the previous two films. Harrison Ford was probably right in saying they should have killed him. That would have been great drama.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 05:43 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

that " no expression " was posted with ESB in mind.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 05:59 PM
queeq
Chaos

Where Han Solo was superb.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 06:03 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Jedi Sheriff
Watchoo talkin' bout, Robtard?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 06:24 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

that " no expression " was posted with ESB in mind.

He was awesome in that movie. Just not in much action. His story revolved around the love story with Leia.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 07:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

until luke landed on bespin, han WAS the action. really i dont know what you're on about.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 07:43 PM
Darth Thor

You really don't know what I'm talking about?

Did you see Han shooting many storm troopers or attacking the AT-AT's fighting alongside the rebels? Yes he was flying the Falcon trying to escape the Imperials. Point is compared to ANH he didn't get off his ass much.

But still his role was awesome in that movie. He was just too cool. In ROTJ he didn't even show much of that.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Feb 7th, 2013 at 08:02 PM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 07:57 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

You really don't know what I'm talking about?

Did you see Han shooting many storm troopers or attacking the AT-AT's fighting alongside the rebels?

is that the rule you applied? so i guess spending half the film being chased by the imperial fleet and attempted assassination of darth vader doesnt count as "action"?

Did you see Han shooting many storm troopers or attacking the AT-AT's fighting alongside the rebels? Yes he was flying the Falcon trying to escape the Imperials. Point is compared to ANH he didn't get off his ass much.

what do you mean "off his ass"? are you resting on the technicality that han is sitting down while piloting the falcon?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2013 09:10 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

And the whole asteroid chase, cave/blaster/mynock things..getting frozen..

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 12:24 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

You think by the time Disney has squeezed the Star Wars *** dry until it's purple...all the fans will be begging for George Lucas to return?(Forgive us, George! stick out tongue )

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 02:43 AM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

no

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 03:46 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by roughrider
You think by the time Disney has squeezed the Star Wars *** dry until it's purple...all the fans will be begging for George Lucas to return?(Forgive us, George! stick out tongue )
Disney squeezing Star Wars' t*ts dry will be no different than George Lucas squeezing Star Wars' t*ts dry. Only difference is that Disney has proven competent at movie making, while Lucas has not. Things can literally only can get better.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 06:47 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

is that the rule you applied? so i guess spending half the film being chased by the imperial fleet and attempted assassination of darth vader doesnt count as "action"?

Yes it does. And those scenes were all full of excitement. But it wasn't even close to half the movie. The big action scenes were the battle on Hoth and the Lightsaber fight including the escape from Cloud City.

All I'm saying is I wouldn't mind seeing a lot more Han Solo action. Kicking some storm trooper and bounty hunter ass. As long as he's cast right, and the movie is done well. If not then leave the legend that is Han Solo alone.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 10:40 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Well watching Good Morning America they just announced that they are indeed making a Han Solo and Boba Fett standalone film.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 02:17 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Cool...!

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 02:36 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Well watching Good Morning America they just announced that they are indeed making a Han Solo and Boba Fett standalone film.

Awesome! That's like my childhood dream come true.

Is it 2 different movies? One for Solo and one for Boba? Would be a bit strange making a movie about a Villain.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 02:58 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Awesome! That's like my childhood dream come true.

Is it 2 different movies? One for Solo and one for Boba? Would be a bit strange making a movie about a Villain.
I don't watch GMA that often as it was just a lucky random channel turn but the lady(blonde) did say they were making separate Han Solo and Boba Fett films. I figure that's as close to an official statement as we have so far.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Last edited by juggernaut74 on Feb 8th, 2013 at 03:11 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 03:04 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote