KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Disney Confirms Standalone Star Wars Films

Disney Confirms Standalone Star Wars Films
Started by: focus4chumps

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Well watching Good Morning America they just announced that they are indeed making a Han Solo and Boba Fett standalone film.

if its a single han solo/boba fett movie, that could be interesting as they both seemd to have had a history. if they are made as seperate films then this is just disney acting the part of carrion eater.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Last edited by focus4chumps on Feb 8th, 2013 at 05:10 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 05:05 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

They are separate films. I'm more excited for a Boba solo film personally. Granted he's portrayed as a villain in the OT but in the scheem of things bounty hunters work for the highest bidder so in theory Boba can do some good deeds.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 05:43 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

If they do a film on Boba hopefully they'll actually portray bounty hunters as bounty hunters, not assassins.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 05:56 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok, here's the post from the official site:

http://starwars.com/news/new-spinof...ars-galaxy.html

quote:
NEW SPINOFF FILMS SET TO EXPAND THE STAR WARS GALAXY
February 05, 2013
The Star Wars cinematic galaxy is about to experience a Big Bang. Lucasfilm is officially announcing new spinoff films that will expand the mythos and depths of the Star Wars universe in previously unexplored ways.

One of the standalone films will be written by Lawrence Kasdan, screenwriter of The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and co-writer of Return of the Jedi while the other will be penned by Simon Kinberg, writer of Sherlock Holmes and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The movies will be separate from the upcoming Episodes VII, VIII, and IX, on which Kasdan and Kinberg are also consulting, and are expected to be released sometime after Episode VII. Each standalone film will focus on a specific character, and two spinoff films are currently confirmed.

In a call to investors, Bob Iger, chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company, revealed that while the original focus was on the highly-anticipated sequel trilogy, the idea of spinoff films was bandied about early and the additional films are now becoming a reality. "We are in development of a few standalone films," he said, "that are not part of the Star Wars saga ...there are now creative entities working on developing scripts for what would be those standalone films."

Stay tuned to StarWars.com as more exciting developments unfold.

for those who missed it:

quote:
"We are in development of a few standalone films," he said, "that are not part of the Star Wars saga..."

i think this statement offers the possibility that the han solo/boba fett/yoda film rumors are BS. oh god please be true.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Last edited by focus4chumps on Feb 8th, 2013 at 09:43 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 09:38 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'd be more excited for a Boba Fett more then the others

ring up Joe Johnston since he was up for doing it.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2013 01:28 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

Originally posted by focus4chumps
ok, here's the post from the official site:

http://starwars.com/news/new-spinof...ars-galaxy.html

for those who missed it:

i think this statement offers the possibility that the han solo/boba fett/yoda film rumors are BS. oh god please be true.

"We are in development of a few standalone films," he said, "that are not part of the Star Wars saga..."

Hmmm. Everything in SW is part of SW saga, even if it doesn't involve the main characters. Is Crimson Empire and soon-to-be-deleted from continuity SW Clone Wars animated TV show Star Wars saga? KotOR is SW saga as well. Just because Luke Skywalker isn't aware of trillion of other beings that exist parallel to his existence, doesn't mean they are not of SW universe, and thus SW saga.

Are they implying that they will make "what if" movies, that are part of parallel universe? Like Spiderman movies etc.? We don't need that shit.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2013 01:11 PM
Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's clearly not the definition of 'saga' they are using, which is following the continuity of the films and the characters within. So, no, they are not implying anything of the sort.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 9th, 2013 01:27 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Wait..

So no Han Solo and Chewbacca racing around in the Millenium Falcon kicking the crap out of Stormtroopers and Bounty Hunters, charming the ladies and thinking up get rich fast schemes?

Damn it!

Old Post Feb 9th, 2013 01:50 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

as ush said, to be part of the saga means to be part of the trilogies' story. not sure if i agree that characters of the films are/aren't included in that by default. i just see the very really possibility that (please god) we will not have to see disney feed on boba/han/yoda's carcasses.

if they have no consequence toward events of the films, and its all about their own story...then technically i suppose they could be considered outside the saga. i hope that's not the case though. if it IS the case, disney worded that statement poorly.

its confusing, and i hope they make it clear soon.

Last edited by focus4chumps on Feb 9th, 2013 at 05:43 PM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2013 05:37 PM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

It's really hard to figure out what the hell the movies will be about.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2013 12:37 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Kazenji
I'd be more excited for a Boba Fett more then the others

He's overall a villain, so I'm not sure how portraying him as an antihero in a standalone film would come off. He's already angry from a very young age, so the good-guy-turns-bad due to circumstance (eg Vader, Magneto) probably wouldn't fly either.

I can much more see a young Han and Boba film, imo.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 11th, 2013 at 08:16 PM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 08:13 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Star Wars:"The tears of a clone"

You heard it here first folks... stick out tongue

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 11:39 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Star Wars:"The tears of a clone"

You heard it here first folks... stick out tongue

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Opening scroll starts middles and ends with "Boba is Butthurt. LULZ"

Cue 6-7 hours of awesome scifi fantasy opus.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 11:51 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Banus

I would love to see a Yoda back story but then who would be the main villain? maybe a dark Jedi or 2..? prob wouldn't convert well into a movie, but a cool opportunity to explore his origins.

Definitely a Vader movie between ROS & ANH!!! I am aware there is EU novels for this period but make something new all together, if anyone could sell its Vader! CRAZY but i would be ampt if they could show mace surviving his fall and coming out to confront the dark lord as the main climax! not to leaky of a plot, well for me anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a master plan to redo the OT after 789 and some of these side projects were lead in's to that.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2013 12:36 AM
Click here to Send Darth Banus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Banus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Sheriff
Bantha Rustlers Beware

Originally posted by Darth Banus
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a master plan to redo the OT after 789 and some of these side projects were lead in's to that.

I was thinking the same thing recently. I think there could be a good chance of this.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2013 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Sheriff a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Sheriff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

they should reboot the PT. pull the chain.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2013 12:54 AM
queeq
Chaos

Why do so many people want a BACK story??? What is so fun about a movie the explains the movies you've already seen and enjoyed. I just want a good story, period, one that starts, gets me involved and takes me somewhere unknown. Back stories don't do that (you know where they go), lots of actions doesn't do that (see: Michael Bay), but good characters and good writers do.

If they do a Han Solo - Boba movie, they'd better make the very ultimate best they can, because again: we know how it ends.

And I think saying that they're not part of the saga means: no more Skywalkers. As Lucas said: that story is over.

Although... one thing I certainly wouldn't mind seeing is Mark Hamill in a Luke-version of the old mentor.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2013 07:48 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote