KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Justice League (2018)

Justice League (2018)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (233): « First ... « 131 132 [133] 134 135 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

quote:
Check you out with your little digs at Thor.

You said it though. And you were waaay off.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 02:26 PM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
Yeah. Darth and the other poster were claiming victory that Thor would destroy wonder woman and Justice League because of YouTube hits and the fact that Thor is fighting Hulk. laughing out loud

Thor will have a hard time cracking 300 domestic.

And Justice League had more YouTube hits, not Thor.

'Justice League' Trailer Tops YouTube Trailer Views For 2017 So Far

Surprisingly, that beats out Star Wars and Thor.

Not to say JL will beat SW. I don't think JL won't break 150 OW. It'll flop.
Thor is a far better movie is what I said. I want it to be profitable enough to warrant more films and be an improvement over the previous Thor film. Justice League is a team film and I never claimed Thor would destroy it at the box office. I claimed it would be by far the superior film. I'll be right and be able to co firm that next Thursday. I have yet to see any DC film twice at the theatre. I already saw Thor Ragnarok twice and purchased it on my ps4.

Who cares about YouTube hits you loser. disney is printing money at this point whereas it'll be a win for DC if the film is ok. That's how low the expectations are here. What's even better as I said is they have scraped their difference universe and just trying to ape marvel. They already came in for sloppy seconds of Whedon to fix their directors mess.

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 02:29 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote:
Lol stop comparing to completely different films.

If Civil War has a much lower RT score then it would have had an even lower multiplier.

Fact is WOM comes from 2 sources. What audiences hear from other people and what they read in reviews.

You can whine about it all you like but that’s just how it is.

Why wouldn't I not compare them? Did CW have bad WOM for such a low multiplier? I was comparing the two because you were saying a high RT score means a high multiplier. That isn't always the case, sporto.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 02:29 PM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Why wouldn't I not compare them? Did CW have bad WOM for such a low multiplier? I was comparing the two because you were saying a high RT score means a high multiplier. That isn't always the case, sporto.
CW made more money than any current DC film. Scoreboard, dummy.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 02:30 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Last Jedi tickets did go on sale a few weeks before Justice League.

If JL is nearly competing in pre-sales then that is a good thing. We will see, though.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 02:32 PM
Darth Thor

And I addressed about a higher opening weekend will have a lower multiplier in general when we were comparing movies like suicide squad and BVS.

No you didn’t. Because Civil War has a higher OW than both but you repeatedly went on about its poor multiplier (even though it’s multiplier was better than BvS’s).

STOP comparing Spider-Man and the original Batman. The market was much different than it is now. If you want to play that game The Dark Knight's adjusted for inflation is right behind The Avengers, which sold more tickets, making it the most viewed super hero movie ever.

This is funny because you compare the first 4 DCEU films to the first 4 MCU films all the time, even though it was a different market place then as well.

That’s great for TDK. But don’t know why it’s relevant to the discussion at hand.

Yes Wonder Woman did great. But if you want to compare multipliers the DCEU doesn’t do well next to the MCU at all(aside from WW). You also ignore budgets. The DCEU’s budget up to JL is larger than the MCU’s budget up to Avengers despite having done 1 less film!

Just face facts the DCEU film doesn’t stack up to the MCU. Even Henry Cavill admits that. Face facts, stop whining about it, and just hope the DCEU improves and gives us more gems like Wonder Woman.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 02:32 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

You said it though. And you were waaay off.

This coming from the guy who said Homecoming was guaranteed 2 Billion. Now that’s wayyyyyyyyyyy off Lol

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 02:33 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote:
No you didn’t. Because Civil War has a higher OW than both but you repeatedly went on about its poor multiplier (even though it’s multiplier was better than BvS’s).

Yes, I did. A while back you and I were comparing MOS Ow/ multiplier to films like Thor. You were boasting that they had stronger multipliers, but I pointed out that MOS had a higher OW and was frontloaded. Never mind that, just because CW had a higher OW, doesn't give it an excuse for such a poor multiplier.

quote:
This is funny because you compare the first 4 DCEU films to the first 4 MCU films all the time, even though it was a different market place then as well.

Its not nearly as different than it was in the 80's or even 90's when more people actually went to the theater on average. Plus, the tweets I posted already highlighted that fact that markets have expanded, but,in the studios case and for news sake,,its all about the dollar. Hardly any news site will bring up past movies,from previous decades.

quote:

That’s great for TDK. But don’t know why it’s relevant to the discussion at hand.

Because you were bringing up past movies.

quote:
Yes Wonder Woman did great. But if you want to compare multipliers the DCEU doesn’t do well next to the MCU at all(aside from WW). You also ignore budgets. The DCEU’s budget up to JL is larger than the MCU’s budget up to Avengers despite having done 1 less film!

Budgets are a tricky thing, because you nor I really don't know how much WB actually spends at the end of the day. MOS had a,high budget, but recouped a lot back from promotional dollars. The same was for BVS. We've been over this many times, Darth.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 02:44 PM
Senor Cage

quote:
This coming from the guy who said Homecoming was guaranteed 2 Billion. Now that’s wayyyyyyyyyyy off Lol

You still believe that? laughing out loud

You honestly didn't thin ,I would believe SM could beat Star Wars. I was just having fun.

SM has never gotten close to SW and probably never will.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 02:47 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Golgo, do you cry often ? Serious question.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 02:48 PM
Senor Cage

And lol at this.

quote:
Just face facts the DCEU film doesn’t stack up to the MCU. Even Henry Cavill admits that. Face facts, stop whining about it, and just hope the DCEU improves and gives us more gems like Wonder Woman.

How am I whining? I never even said DCEU stacked up quality wise. BO wise, that is a different matter and they are still on their first phase.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 03:00 PM
Darth Thor

Yes, I did. A while back you and I were comparing MOS Ow/ multiplier to films like Thor. You were boasting that they had stronger multipliers, but I pointed out that MOS had a higher OW and was frontloaded. Never mind that, just because CW had a higher OW, doesn't give it an excuse for such a poor multiplier.

Urm Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 2 both outsold MOS domestically, despite MOS having the bigger OW. So your point doesn’t stand. DCEU films have had poor multipliers until Wonder Woman.

Jeez dude Civil War made over 1.1 Billion. Stop whining about it’s multiplier. Marvel has built up its fan base over multiple movies.

Its not nearly as different than it was in the 80's or even 90's when more people actually went to the theater on average. Plus, the tweets I posted already highlighted that fact that markets have expanded, but,in the studios case and for news sake,,its all about the dollar. Hardly any news site will bring up past movies,from previous decades.

You’re right. Markets are much Bigget Now.

Point is you should compare Wonder Woman first solo film to the first solo films of those other Icons!

Budgets are a tricky thing, because you nor I really don't know how much WB actually spends at the end of the day. MOS had a,high budget, but recouped a lot back from promotional dollars. The same was for BVS. We've been over this many times, Darth.

It doesn’t matter what they recoup through promotions because I’m not talking about profits.

I’m saying the DCEU needed A-List characters and massive budgets to get those higher turnovers for the first 4 movies you keep boasting about.

Heck Marvel wasn’t even under the Disney Banner at time. It was basically an independent company.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 03:02 PM
quanchi112
Disney

And lol at this.

How am I whining? I never even said DCEU stacked up quality wise. BO wise, that is a different matter and they are still on their first phase.

So you admit to quality wise Marvel wins so that's that. You admit it. Quality is the most important factor in this equation from a fans perspective.

Box office wise it isn't close Marvel has made far more money and they have plenty more films on the way compared to DC. Dc has to make more movies to stand a chance. No one is stopping them, boy.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Nov 11th, 2017 at 03:06 PM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 03:04 PM
Darth Thor

And lol at this.

Much bigger Budgets, a bigger market place, More Iconic Characters, had the WB Banner the whole time e.t.c. But by all means let’s just ignore context.

Anyway Wait to see how close JL comes to Avengers before you go on about “it’s box Office is better”.

Also this “Phase I” excuse is BS. Marvel’s Phase I was when Marvel first got their own studio. WB have been making DC films for decades.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 03:07 PM
Darth Thor

You still believe that? laughing out loud

You honestly didn't thin ,I would believe SM could beat Star Wars. I was just having fun.

SM has never gotten close to SW and probably never will.

Yeah and I was just saying Thor will make more than JL to get under your skin which clearly worked laughing out loud

Not true. The first Spider-Man ran at the same time as Attack of the Clones and Trashed it at the box office.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 03:11 PM
Senor Cage

quote:
Urm Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 2 both outsold MOS domestically, despite MOS having the bigger OW. So your point doesn’t stand. DCEU films have had poor multipliers until Wonder Woman.

Jeez dude Civil War made over 1.1 Billion. Stop whining about it’s multiplier. Marvel has built up its fan base over multiple movies.

How does IM have to do with CW having a poor multiplier? Its not whining, its facts. No need to cry about it.

[/quote]You’re right. Markets are much Bigget Now.

Point is you should compare Wonder Woman first solo film to the first solo films of those other Icons![/quote]

Why would I compare WW to Batman or Superman? Cap is considered an icon and his movie doesn't compare to WW.

quote:
It doesn’t matter what they recoup through promotions because I’m not talking about profits.

I’m saying the DCEU needed A-List characters and massive budgets to get those higher turnovers for the first 4 movies you keep boasting about.

Heck Marvel wasn’t even under the Disney Banner at time. It was basically an independent company.

Promotional dollars does not always equal profit, though. Its the same with tax incentives.

Its not WB fault that their a list characters make bank. WB has,been pushing most of these characters out way before Marvel, so they deserve the success.

Besides, most of the current hits aren't A list, but obscure, smaller characters.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 03:12 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Any opening weekend predictions for JL?

I'm going with 135 million.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 03:13 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote:
Yeah and I was just saying Thor will make more than JL to get under your skin which clearly worked laughing out loud

Not true. The first Spider-Man ran at the same time as Attack of the Clones and Trashed it at the box office.

If true, then it did work. I knew you wouldn't be that stupid to believe Thor would do over a billion.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 03:15 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

If true, then it did work. I knew you wouldn't be that stupid to believe Thor would do over a billion.
I can see Thor doing 900 million.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 03:17 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote:
Much bigger Budgets, a bigger market place, More Iconic Characters, had the WB Banner the whole time e.t.c. But by all means let’s just ignore context.

Anyway Wait to see how close JL comes to Avengers before you go on about “it’s box Office is better”.

Also this “Phase I” excuse is BS. Marvel’s Phase I was when Marvel first got their own studio. WB have been making DC films for decades.

Again, you don't need to have iconic characters to make bank. Look at Deadpool, Suicide Squad (for the most part), Iron Man, etc...

I don't just compare one film to the other, but the average. DCEU will beat MCU first phase, and likely 2nd phase, too

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 03:18 PM