KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Justice League (2018)

Justice League (2018)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (233): « First ... « 193 194 [195] 196 197 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Femi32

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inhuman
(please log in to view the image)

This is probably true. Jon Peters wanted Superman to fight a giant spider and didn't know his Kryptonian name.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 03:43 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

They wanted fighter jets (as stupid as that is) but nobody thought to mention the ****ing BLACKHAWKS? REALLY?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 04:00 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Sounds like its time for DC to sever ties to WB's when it comes to the live action movies.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 04:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by playa1258
Shazam and WW2 are happening but big if beyond those films.

WW2 is obviously happening.

With Shazam though, given it’s his first film, I don’t see any reason why it HAS THE BE part of the current DCEU.

In fact if it works, it could be a great place to start a rebooted universe IMO. John Campea says they should restart with Reeves Batman, but I think that would be a terrible idea. Because until they start moving away from Batman/Superman, they won’t get anywhere. It’ll be the same old “let’s play it safe”, and not giving new properties a chance to really shine on their own.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 10:39 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

The plan for the DCEU films is to make them standalone movies but at the same time be connected to the other movies, you just won't see all the other heroes showing up in each others movies.

I like this plan.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 05:24 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ That’s great, but Not sure what the point of them being connected would be.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 06:12 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ That’s great, but Not sure what the point of them being connected would be.
Building momentum and making people care so when they connect it people will show up in droves.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 04:01 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Building momentum and making people care so when they connect it people will show up in droves.

I get the logic but It’s too risky for them. Look at Green Lantern just a few years back. They can’t consistently make good movies like Marvel can.

Best to not blatantly connect them, but not blatantly contradict the shared Universe either. Maybe at most make mentions of other superheroes but without showing them.

That way when they eventually do a crossover again, they can connect the franchises that worked, and ignore the ones that didn’t.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 11:35 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I get the logic but It’s too risky for them. Look at Green Lantern just a few years back. They can’t consistently make good movies like Marvel can.

Best to not blatantly connect them, but not blatantly contradict the shared Universe either. Maybe at most make mentions of other superheroes but without showing them.

That way when they eventually do a crossover again, they can connect the franchises that worked, and ignore the ones that didn’t.
Green Lantern was utter gutter trash. They have little choice to do this since WW was a success and Aquaman was already filmed.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 01:07 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Green Lantern was utter gutter trash. They have little choice to do this since WW was a success and Aquaman was already filmed.

I mean with new projects like Shazam, Green Lantern Corps and Reeves Batman.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 03:48 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I still say they proceed and do exactly what I said. The fanboys like Golgo will always be there just create the emotional connection for the casual audience. They also don't really care about continuity and just want to see good movies.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 04:06 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by juggernaut74
The plan for the DCEU films is to make them standalone movies but at the same time be connected to the other movies, you just won't see all the other heroes showing up in each others movies.

I like this plan.
I don't. It's half-assed as shit

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 04:28 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

how will WB get the general audience to even care?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 09:58 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
how will WB get the general audience to even care?

Well then cared about Wonder Woman, so audiences will still give new properties a chance. But they’re just not gonna turn up to any BvS type crossovers, or Justice League sequels.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 10:19 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I don't. It's half-assed as shit
There is nothing wrong with the plan as long as the movies are good and relatable. As long as the execs stay out of the way and granted that's a big if this will work. Human nature isn't that complicated.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 10:24 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

If the films are of good quality people will come. WB just needs to stay out of the way.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 10:36 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

If the films are of good quality people will come. WB just needs to stay out of the way.
I do love how dceu fans have accepted the MCU is miles ahead. Dceu lost the war.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 10:46 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

WB/DC has themselves to blame.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 10:59 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

WB/DC has themselves to blame.
The entire popularity of these characters has shifted dramatically. WB doesn't care. The perception of their greedy execs is downright awful. It's a bunch of Trumps running things.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 11:06 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

****ing the whole DC universe over to get a bonus was the last straw for me.

I hope AT&T cans them all.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 11:09 PM