KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Justice League (2018)

Justice League (2018)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (233): « First ... « 203 204 [205] 206 207 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

And a slew of other movies. WB isn't just SH based.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 02:11 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

This is a thread about a comic movie, who cares how much Coco or Kong made?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 02:13 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Coco isn't WB. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 02:14 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

My bad, Coco was listed under related stories. kind of hard to tell when you're on a phone.

That said the article did say
quote:
Warner Bros. will ultimately rank second at the domestic B.O. for 2017

Guess who'll come in first.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 02:19 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Universal? stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 02:32 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

WB is the only studio capable of challenging Disney with DC, Kong/Godzilla, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings etc.

But let's face it, the Mouse is the king.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 02:44 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
WB is also the first studio to cross 2 Billion domestically. Overall, they had a great year.

Warner Bros. Becomes First Major Studio To Cross $2 Billion This Year At Domestic B.O. Propelled By ‘Wonder Woman’, ‘It'
Dude, Disney is King. It isn't even up for discussion and Star Wars awaits this week.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 03:33 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by juggernaut74
WB is the only studio capable of challenging Disney with DC, Kong/Godzilla, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings etc.

But let's face it, the Mouse is the king.

They're rarely #1 in terms of WW and domestic, though. Ever since they got SW, they only been #1 once. Universal crushed them with FF.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 03:45 AM
quanchi112
Disney

They're rarely #1 in terms of WW and domestic, though. Ever since they got SW, they only been #1 once. Universal crushed them with FF.
They are numero uno. MCU and Star Wars every year, Lion King, Mulan, etc.

Disney is the undisputed KING.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 03:47 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Disney buying Fox is a defensive measure against the bigger tech companies looking to increase their footprints in media/entertainment.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 06:59 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Nah it’s all for their streaming service to compete against Netflix.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 07:40 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Also that but adding Fox also prevents someone like from buying them.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 07:49 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

WB crossing $2 billion domestically is impressive, but WB's studio strategy is release double to triple the amount of movies that any other studio does:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:43 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Also, boxofficemojo has WB crossing the $2 billion mark in 2009 already in the link I posted above. Why did they say WB just now did it?

EDIT: Disregard. I think that link is worldwide grosses, not just domestic.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:46 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Good News: Thor Ragnarok has now passed 300 million domestic and up to 833 million worldwide.

Bad News: Justice League is up to 614 million worldwide which means it very likely won't make as much as MOS.....ouch.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:54 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Lol Anyone see John Campea’s podcast today. He’s proper swearing at DC for those shit loads of random films they’ve announced at that comic con a couple of days ago.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 12:14 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Also, boxofficemojo has WB crossing the $2 billion mark in 2009 already in the link I posted above. Why did they say WB just now did it?

EDIT: Disregard. I think that link is worldwide grosses, not just domestic.

Wasn't it released last week?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 12:19 AM
John Murdoch

Wasn't it released last week?

The domestic results over the weekend yes.

I was confused. That link I think goes by worldwide results for the year by studio, not domestic. I noticed when I started looking through previous years.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 12:32 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Lol Anyone see John Campea’s podcast today. He’s proper swearing at DC for those shit loads of random films they’ve announced at that comic con a couple of days ago.
He's mad because they are not rebooting. If Star Wars can survive the prequels maybe DC can go on.

I'm not even sure Transformers is rebooting.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 02:10 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think a total reboot is necessary. They just need to keep turning things around the way they started with WW and Justice League.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 02:13 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote