KMC Forums

 
  REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!
 
 
Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » What will Sidious do with Maul?


What will Sidious do with Maul?
Started by: mnat801

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Tempest
Senior Member

Registered: Sep 2012
Location: United States


 

quote:
-Pr-
I'd read about Kit's status, though I don't think complimenting someone automatically means they're better than you.


No, but Obi-Wan flat out confirms that Kit is the superior duelist after sparring with him for better than two hours.

quote:
-Pr-
Yes, Fisto did well against Grievous, but I have a hard time believing he'd be > CW/ROTS Obi-Wan, given Obi-Wan's feats.


Obi-Wan has more feats courtesy of his exponentially greater exposure. But one is not a better fighter by simply being a main character. Kit's few feats, accolades, and station are sufficient to place him on par with Obi-Wan.

quote:
-Pr-
That, and they can't really have Obi-Wan beating Grievous in CW, as Grievous has to survive until ROTS.


Well, they can't have Obi-Wan kill Grievous, but beating him is something else entirely. And the fact is that while Obi-Wan does perform well against the general, Kit did even better until ROTS.

quote:
-Pr-
I dunno, I mean, I guess I can see why you and others think Fisto is superior; I just don't agree.


You don't have to. But I didn't try to measure them comparatively with any degree of exactitude. I just think they're on par.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 05:06 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai
Senior Member

Registered: Feb 2013
Location: Middle-Earth


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
He really said that? What a tard. Meh, I guess in terms of how long they lasted, Savage did do better.

However, the argument can be made that Palpatine's demeanor during those two fights was completely different. Against Savage and Maul, Palpatine appeared to be toying with them-- he was literally chuckling the entire time. Against the Jedi team, however, Palpatine was deadly serious and immediately went for killing strikes. Had Palps possessed the latter demeanor against the brothers, they(Savage for sure) likely would have met just as swift(if not swifter) of an end.


You're right, it's ambiguous how seriously Sidious was taking the fight. Still, if the producer said Savage did better than the 3 jedi combined (and doesn't contradict GL), he seems to be implying that Savage is at least a better fighter than each individually.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 05:08 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest
Senior Member

Registered: Sep 2012
Location: United States


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vensai
You're right, it's ambiguous how seriously Sidious was taking the fight. Still, if the producer said Savage did better than the 3 jedi combined (and doesn't contradict GL), he seems to be implying that Savage is at least a better fighter than each individually.


Not really. "The Wrong Jedi" is a great study in that; Anakin dispensed with Ventress rather handily when confronting her in the lower levels. Barris gave him hell throughout their final duel. But, joking aside, Barris is a padawan and would be mincemeat for Anakin or Ventress in an actual fight to the death. A better performance does not necessarily make one the better performer, if that makes sense.

Savage is definitely a threat to Council Masters, though: he defeated Adi Gallia, held his own against Ventress, and frustrated Anakin and Obi-Wan in season 3.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 05:11 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
...

Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Ireland.


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
No, but Obi-Wan flat out confirms that Kit is the superior duelist after sparring with him for better than two hours.



Obi-Wan has more feats courtesy of his exponentially greater exposure. But one is not a better fighter by simply being a main character. Kit's few feats, accolades, and station are sufficient to place him on par with Obi-Wan.



Well, they can't have Obi-Wan kill Grievous, but beating him is something else entirely. And the fact is that while Obi-Wan does perform well against the general, Kit did even better until ROTS.



You don't have to. But I didn't try to measure them comparatively with any degree of exactitude. I just think they're on par.


I need to re-read the book then. Though I would contend that there's a difference between AOTC Obi-Wan, and how he was in CW and ROTS.

I feel his feats aren't just more numerous, they're better.

CW isn't over yet, you know. stick out tongue

On par, I could see, I guess.


__________________

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 05:13 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai
Senior Member

Registered: Feb 2013
Location: Middle-Earth


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Not really. "The Wrong Jedi" is a great study in that; Anakin dispensed with Ventress rather handily when confronting her in the lower levels. Barris gave him hell throughout their final duel. But, joking aside, Barris is a padawan and would be mincemeat for Anakin or Ventress in an actual fight to the death. A better performance does not necessarily make one the better performer, if that makes sense.

Savage is definitely a threat to Council Masters, though: he defeated Adi Gallia, held his own against Ventress, and frustrated Anakin and Obi-Wan in season 3.


I thought Anakin was trying to nonfatally stop Barriss since he needed her testimony to free Ahsoka. And Ventress had not sabers. She was doomed to go down quickly.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 05:13 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
...

Registered: Aug 2004
Location: Ireland.


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vensai
I thought Anakin was trying to nonfatally stop Barriss since he needed her testimony to free Ahsoka.


That was the impression I got also.


__________________

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 05:15 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest
Senior Member

Registered: Sep 2012
Location: United States


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vensai
I thought Anakin was trying to nonfatally stop Barriss since he needed her testimony to free Ahsoka. And Ventress had not sabers. She was doomed to go down quickly.


That's how I justify her insanely brilliant display against Anakin as well (though he was pretty pissed off).

But that's my point: if Sidious were taking it easy on Savage (as Anakin did with Barriss), that doesn't mean Savage/Barriss is better than someone whom Sidious didn't go easy on simply by virtue of the fact that they lasted longer.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 05:16 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Omni-Lord|

Registered: Jul 2006
Location:


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
But that's my point: if Sidious were taking it easy on Savage (as Anakin did with Barriss), that doesn't mean Savage/Barriss is better than someone whom Sidious didn't go easy on simply by virtue of the fact that they lasted longer.
Dats wat meesa sayin teu!

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 05:29 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest
Senior Member

Registered: Sep 2012
Location: United States


 

lol u cray

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 05:34 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor
Senior Member

Registered: Apr 2008
Location: Asgard


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-


I feel his feats aren't just more numerous, they're better.

CW isn't over yet, you know. stick out tongue

On par, I could see, I guess.


His feat of taking on Maul and Opress together is clearly beyond Fisto Imo.

I doubt he will have a better feat than that in upcoming episodes.

And even if we say that was a peak performance, fact is he was easily on par with Maul in their one on one.

For anyone to believe Fisto is in any kind of league to contend with either Maul or Opress, when he got battered by Ventress near AOTC time and even by ROTS was in no league to fight Sidious with a much more powerful ally at his side than either Maul/Opress had is beyond me.

And why? Because he beat Grievous? Big Woop.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
He really said that? What a tard. Meh, I guess in terms of how long they lasted, Savage did do better.

However, the argument can be made that Palpatine's demeanor during those two fights was completely different. Against Savage and Maul, Palpatine appeared to be toying with them-- he was literally chuckling the entire time. Against the Jedi team, however, Palpatine was deadly serious and immediately went for killing strikes. Had Palps possessed the latter demeanor against the brothers, they(Savage for sure) likely would have met just as swift(if not swifter) of an end.


If the Director of the show said that then he obviously thinks it's a comparable situation.

If Sidious was playing so much surely the Director should be aware of that, and hence not make an irrelevant comparison.

Also Palpatine was chuckling loads against Yoda too.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Mar 20th, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 10:48 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor
Senior Member

Registered: Apr 2008
Location: Asgard


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vensai
I thought Anakin was trying to nonfatally stop Barriss since he needed her testimony to free Ahsoka. And Ventress had not sabers. She was doomed to go down quickly.


According to the official site Skywalker was battering through Barriss's defenses and she was running from him the whole time.

So ultimately she was no match for him at all.

Given that and the fact that no one official has made the comparison that Barriss did better against Anakin than Ventress did, it's really a completely moot point to discuss.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 11:15 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai
Senior Member

Registered: Feb 2013
Location: Middle-Earth


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
According to the official site Skywalker was battering through Barriss's defenses and she was running from him the whole time.

So ultimately she was no match for him at all.

Given that and the fact that no one official has made the comparison that Barriss did better against Anakin than Ventress did, it's really a completely moot point to discuss.


Maybe Sidious will recruit Barriss as the new Ventress laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 10:44 PM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mnat801
Senior Member

Registered: Sep 2012
Location: New Zealand


 

Okay so now that the bonus content doesn't have the rest of Maul's story, I'm hoping for something in Rebels.

But it seems unlikely due to Rebels having a totally different storyline involved with different characters, and the only possible alternative are the standalone films, and that is even more unlikely.

So I'm hoping for a end to this or I'll be treating the clone wars as non canon. Only because I don't like the idea of Maul being alive somewhere in the universe. lol

Old Post Mar 29th, 2014 08:02 AM
Click here to Send mnat801 a Private Message Find more posts by mnat801 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Omni-Lord|

Registered: Jul 2006
Location:


 

^ Maul's [post-Season 5] story will be concluded in the upcoming comic series Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir.

...The comic series will be just as canon as TCW, btw.


__________________


全王

Old Post Mar 29th, 2014 04:34 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mnat801
Senior Member

Registered: Sep 2012
Location: New Zealand


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Maul's [post-Season 5] story will be concluded in the upcoming comic series Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir.

...The comic series will be just as canon as TCW, btw.
Oh true. Better than nothing I guess. But really Lucas should have made his $4 billion deal with disney AFTER the Clone Wars had finished.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 10:39 PM
Click here to Send mnat801 a Private Message Find more posts by mnat801 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Registered: Apr 2014
Location: Kamino

Account Restricted


 

Use him for sexual purposes


__________________

"When will you fools learn, no one escapes from Commander Fox!"

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 06:53 AM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate
Senior Member

Registered: Apr 2014
Location: Menifee, California.


 

He's already done that :P Also the new comic story arc for Maul SoD concludes his story and there is a screen shot of him capturing Dooku so it should be good. Hopefully we also learn how he escaped from Sidious.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 07:12 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor
Senior Member

Registered: Apr 2008
Location: Asgard


 

Sounds like Maul's going to be pretty bad ass in SOD. Can't wait.

Slight Spoilers-

He's getting together his mandalorian army in issue 1, and going after Count Dooku and General Grievous in issue 2:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/24-...n-of-Dathomir-1

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/24-...n-of-Dathomir-2

Last edited by Darth Thor on Apr 25th, 2014 at 02:45 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2014 02:35 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor
Senior Member

Registered: Apr 2008
Location: Asgard


 

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Syndicate
Also the new comic story arc for Maul SoD concludes his story and there is a screen shot of him capturing Dooku so it should be good.


Yep:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star...OfDathomir3.jpg

Old Post Apr 25th, 2014 03:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate
Senior Member

Registered: Apr 2014
Location: Menifee, California.


 

So excited. big grin big grin big grin

Old Post Apr 25th, 2014 04:03 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 08:18 AM.
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< Contact Us - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Forum powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.