KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Do you really want new Star Wars?

Do you really want more Star Wars?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 12 34.29%
No 5 14.29%
Dont Care 1 2.86%
Depends on the actual story 17 48.57%
Total: 35 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Do you really want new Star Wars?
Started by: JediRobin23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

I'm gonna wait till the story and actors are revealed before I make judgement. Then wait till the trailer for further judgement.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2013 11:16 AM
Click here to Send Doctorwho? a Private Message Find more posts by Doctorwho? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Han
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
I don't want there to be, because to me the Star Wars saga feels complete as 6 film's, & I especially don't lik the idea of sequels to Episode 6. Episode 6 is the perfect ending!

Is it really? The original trilogy does nothing to address the very obvious issue of what happens to the Galactic Empire after Palpatine's death, what the Rebel Alliance does from there, etc. Indeed, one of the issues with the originals is that the actual war and circumstances behind it are never gone into - it's just a tool to get the main characters to do stuff.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2013 04:23 PM
Click here to Send Master Han a Private Message Find more posts by Master Han Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

Originally posted by Master Han
Is it really? The original trilogy does nothing to address the very obvious issue of what happens to the Galactic Empire after Palpatine's death, what the Rebel Alliance does from there, etc. Indeed, one of the issues with the originals is that the actual war and circumstances behind it are never gone into - it's just a tool to get the main characters to do stuff.

That's one of the reasons why I kinda like Episode VII, just hopefully they do it right

Old Post Aug 30th, 2013 05:59 PM
Click here to Send Doctorwho? a Private Message Find more posts by Doctorwho? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kickballjedi

Originally posted by Master Han

Excellent points Master Han. I'd like to add:

1) Where did the Sith come from? If they had been absent for thousands of years, how did Plaguis and Sidius suddenly appear?
2) What are Sith exactly and where do they get their powers? How do they do forced lightning but Jedi can't?
3) What are the Jedi Trials? And why is Vader so impressed when Luke appears with his own Lightsaber? Is there a challenge to make them?
4) With Luke being the last Jedi, what will happen to that ancient religion after episode 6? Will he start training others? Did other Jedi hide during the purge?
5) What happens to the Empire? We see they still have an armada of ships around the forest moon when the Death Star II is destroyed. Did they survive? Do they become the new rebellion against the New Republic?
6) If Luke or Leia have children will they be powerful with the force, and if so are they susceptible to the Dark Side influence as their grandfather was?
7) In the PT we see there were other non-Sith bad guys like Grievous and Dooku, were there any other power hungry leaders in the Empire to take control after Palpatine's death?

Any of these questions could be foundations of a new trilogy, or at least new stories. Many questions yet unanswered in the canon universe.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2013 06:01 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

Originally posted by Kickballjedi
Excellent points Master Han. I'd like to add:

7) In the PT we see there were other non-Sith bad guys like Dooku,

...What? Just...what? Dooku was a Sith Lord...His Sith name was Darth Tyranous, but they never used it. But yeah....Dooku is a sith.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 04:51 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Doctorwho?
His Sith name was Darth Tyranous, but they never used it.

sidious actually did refer to him as 'lord tyranus' once in AOTC

quote:
welcome home lord tyranus. you have done well.

though in your defense, i can understand how it's easy to forget since it was spoken toward the very end of an exhaustingly tedious and forgettable movie.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Last edited by focus4chumps on Aug 31st, 2013 at 05:17 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 05:13 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

Yeah, though I think I see why he prefers dooku, would you be happy if your sith name had anus in it? :P. But yeah I forgot about that scene. Unfortunatly I couldn't forget about the scenes that came before it sick

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 05:15 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Doctorwho?
Yeah, though I think I see why he prefers dooku, would you be happy if your sith name had anus in it? :P. But yeah I forgot about that scene.
And there was nothing tyrannical about him. We see him do exactly one bad thing in the movies: ... ummm... that time when he--no...

He led a secessionist movement, but didn't attack or invade anyone. Yoda and the clones did that.

He presided over the legal executions of three spies and infiltrators who arrived illegally and without permission. One of whom just whipped out his lightsaber and started killing people who were rightfully defending their catacombs.

He asked Mace and the Jedi to stand down, offering to spare their lives if they did so, even after they stormed and invaded his ally's home world.

He defended himself when said Jedi brazenly pursued and attacked him.

He didn't even bother to attack Yoda when he was distracted.

He fought a war that the Jedi started on a whim, without even congressional authorization. They just up and left.

Why is Dooku considered a bad guy again?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

Does him having a red lightsaber count as a reason for him being a bad guy?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 09:31 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Absolutely! Red is the color of meanies and big smelly willies.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

....I lost it after reading that

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 10:39 PM
KyleAP

It will interesting to see the sequel. With regards to the Star Wars legacy, i doubt it will live up to the Originals, but when comparing to the prequels, JJ Adrams and Michael Arnts have very little to lose.
The prequels were so horribly written and directed! And now after 30 years, Star Wars movies have again a director and writer who know what works in their production roles, and will use their time to the best of their abilities.
I also hear they are looking for a good balance between real things (Locations and characters) and CGI in the sequel.
One of the things that sucked the humanity out of the prequels was George Lucas's obsession to shove as much CGI on the screen as possible, which didnt follow the laws of physics and brought very little tension to the scenes
The orginals felt real in many ways with characters we could relate to and locations and action scenes where we knew what was going on.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 10:39 PM
Click here to Send KyleAP a Private Message Find more posts by KyleAP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

But what if it sucks?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 10:43 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Then we'll have even more bad Star Wars movies to b*tch about.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 01:28 AM
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

Sweet!

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 04:43 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Cant do that to star wars. Expect them to ruin it further than B7tch about it

Old Post Dec 14th, 2013 10:39 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

What ARE we to b7tch about then? wink

Old Post Dec 19th, 2013 12:03 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

I told you it would happen! Hahaha

Old Post Dec 21st, 2013 04:30 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

You're a true visionary.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2013 10:54 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Looking at this poll, 10% dont want star wars, 34% want the sequel trilogy, and the 52% wont decide until they see it..,...52% is a big number...

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 02:17 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote