KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Greg Pak & Jae Lee On "batman/superman"

Greg Pak & Jae Lee On "batman/superman"
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by curryman
Was there anything to Cho other than being smart, sassy and a Hulk fanboy?

He had a good balance on idiotic innocence and idealism coupled with snarkiness, mostly he was a solid foil to Herc though.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 08:48 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Nice, I've always enjoyed the Bat/Supes books.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 01:03 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Scythe
Nice, I've always enjoyed the Bat/Supes books.
I don't know everytime I see those comics and the pages where Batman and Superman just describe how different they are but totally the same. I just picture mentally that I'm a little bit country and I'm a little bit Rock n Roll playing in the background.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 01:12 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Newjak
I don't know everytime I see those comics and the pages where Batman and Superman just describe how different they are but totally the same. I just picture mentally that I'm a little bit country and I'm a little bit Rock n Roll playing in the background.

Yeah, I do the same thing.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 01:45 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i can't wait to read this....

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 01:53 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

An oldie, but a goodie:

(please log in to view the image)

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 02:32 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Pak?

Gotham Breaker Superman vs. World War Batman.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 03:29 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by -Pr-
An oldie, but a goodie:

(please log in to view the image)

laughing out loud I'd been looking for that.

It's pretty accurate actually.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 06:38 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Pak made Amadeus Cho have the best jobber aura this side of Squirrel Girl. Heavy feats for someone who's only supposed to be the seventh smartest (eighth, if you ask Hank Pym) person on Earth and was chumping everyone. Now he gets to do Batman...scary. evil face

No word that he's leaving Marvel? This is just him broadening his resume among companies, now that he's not under exclusive contract?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 07:12 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

A bunch of high profile writers has left Marvel in the past few years. I hope Pak does more DC stuff.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 08:41 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by -Pr-
An oldie, but a goodie:
laughing out loud Never seen that.

Originally posted by Damborgson
It's pretty accurate actually.
Spoofs it well.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 09:57 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Lol. I actually like the New 52 version of Superman as a whole (powers/feats and his characterization) and I'd hate to see Pak just feat whore the hell out of him while jobbing out everyone else to him and Batman. And I really hope we don't see the Return of Batgod, either.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 03:36 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lol. I actually like the New 52 version of Superman as a whole (powers/feats and his characterization) and I'd hate to see Pak just feat whore the hell out of him while jobbing out everyone else to him and Batman. And I really hope we don't see the Return of Batgod, either.
Batgod will return.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 03:42 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

sad

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 03:47 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JakeTheBank

thumb up

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 03:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Badabing
Batgod will return.

Your head will be sought.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 04:02 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

And ironically, the guy who will job out the most to Batgod will probably be the guy he's sharing the book with.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 04:05 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Golgo13
A bunch of high profile writers has left Marvel in the past few years. I hope Pak does more DC stuff.

There's always rotating creative chairs with the big two. Hardly anyone stays a lifer at one company anymore (except for John Romita Jr.) Mark Millar may never return to DC because Marvel is so good to him, and Geoff Johns may be firmly embedded at DC, but most everyone else goes to the highest bidder. I'm just glad Marvel has Mark Waid doing such great work for them the past few years.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 12:41 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by roughrider
There's always rotating creative chairs with the big two. Hardly anyone stays a lifer at one company anymore (except for John Romita Jr.) Mark Millar may never return to DC because Marvel is so good to him, and Geoff Johns may be firmly embedded at DC, but most everyone else goes to the highest bidder. I'm just glad Marvel has Mark Waid doing such great work for them the past few years.

Creator owned stuff seems like the best thing nowadays. If it hits big, you can possibly get a TV series or movie deals.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 03:10 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

it's kind of funny--i've always loved batman (good chance i have more batman books in my personal collection than any other series of books) and i really wouldn't mind seeing him kick a whole lotta a$$. the idea of jobbing to a certain character or characters has never really sat all that well with me. guys like cap and bats.....they sort of define comics in a lot of ways to a lot of people. they've both won so often and have so many feats, that i find it odd that people would say that characters 'job' to them. it's sort of like logan--how many times do they have to be portrayed in a certain way before we realize that IS who they are. they consistently win in situations they shouldn't, but that's not really 'jobbing' imo, that's....just comics. i'll admit that at times, their victories....stretch suspension of disbelief, but, whatever. in general, as often as they are portrayed winning battles maybe some think they shouldn't those portrayals are balanced out with other, grittier showings. characters, unlike real people, CAN have it both ways. there are enough showings of both sides to make everyone happy. in any event, the more a$$ guys like batman and cap kick, the happier i am. so, batgod? sweet! smile

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 02:45 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote