KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Grant Morrison's Multiversity

Grant Morrison's Multiversity
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Grant Morrison's Multiversity

Probably the most anticipated thing coming out in 2013 to a lot of comic sites and one of mine as well, so I think this deserves it's own thread. Here is some preview art and some info. Will add more as more info comes out.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/gra...-kord-2013.html

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 07:33 AM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, this is going to be phenomenal. No doubt about it.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 02:58 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, this is going to be phenomenal. No doubt about it.

thumb up

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 04:23 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

I normally try not to get hyped up.

This however...this has the potential to be one of the greatest arcs in comic book history.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 04:27 PM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

This looks really good

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2013 06:47 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote:
"We’ll also see the remnants of a bored Justice League, filled with nearly-forgotten 90s characters with nothing to do but superhero/supervillain battle re-enactments. When asked who would be appearing, Kyle Rayner will be the Green Lantern featured in the book, but Guy Gardner will be present. Other 90s characters set to appear include Bloodpack, Bloodwynd, Anima, Walker Gabriel and, yes, Wally West, amidst a host of other legacy characters introduced in the era, hinting at appearances by Azrael and the “replacement” Supermen. Knowing that it would always come back to the most iconic versions of the characters, such as Bruce Wayne, Barry Allen and Hal Jordan, Morrison wanted to give these heroes “a world they did inherit, but they didn’t inherit anything” worthwhile."

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/05/15...grant-morrison/

Old Post May 16th, 2013 07:40 PM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Some other quotes about it.

quote:
Going back to the classic multiverse-introducing “Flash of Two Worlds”, wherein Barry Allen could read about Jay Garrick’s adventures in comic books, so too will that meta-structure return for "Multiversity" in order to highlight what Morrison calls “the most terrifying threat anyone’s ever created in a comic. I don’t do hyperbole,” he laughs, “BUT. This is the one. We’ve discovered, what I think, is actually a technology…it’s like hypnosis…this is a new thing we are doing” that will highlight the increasing threat over the course of each issue, as one world has to pass portents of doom along to the next. “Something is bringing down the structure of the multiverse.”

“Like I said, we have seven different books dealing with this,” he continues. The initial story will feature a multiversal Justice League, with Calvin Ellis, the black President Superman from Final Crisis and Action, as the protagonist. The second story will be a pulp adventure tale, using both old pulp characters and repurposed characters who could easily fit the mold, including an Indiana Jones by way of John Constantine “Doc” Fate. Also present will be Lady Blackhawk, the Atom and the Immortal Man in a story set in the year 2013 after a world war has decimated the human populace down to two billion people. Following that will be “The Just”, taking place on Earth-11, showcasing the return of the Super-Sons and the children of other superheroes.

Old Post May 16th, 2013 07:47 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Channel 52 teaser for Multiversity:
http://i.imgur.com/9Yyp8cE.jpg

Awesome. thumb up

Old Post May 14th, 2014 02:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Why the long wait? This was supposed to debut a year ago.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 14th, 2014 03:11 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by roughrider
Why the long wait? This was supposed to debut a year ago.

Artists delay. You have Frank Q. and one had a health problem, I believe. Also, many re-writes.

Old Post May 14th, 2014 06:12 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 03:21 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 06:21 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Read it today. Loved it.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 04:03 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

loved the first issue

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 06:03 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

It was good, intriguing. Can't wait to see more. Finally a good story.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 12:24 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

They should have called the book "Multidiversity" instead. Would have been a better fit.

Also, I remember the times where tribute characters from other companies were treated with respect like Buried Alien in the Marvel universe, who got declared the fastest man alive (Barry Allen after he died in the fight against Anti-Monitor).
Nowdays the tribute characters speak broken english, have a giant head and wear diapers.

The book was abysmal to say the least.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 06:53 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Sounds very bad tbh.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 11:25 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Originally posted by quanchi112
Sounds very bad tbh.

Big surprise.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 11:26 PM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Based
Big surprise.
??

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 11:38 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

The big blue baby is the only thing I didn't like. Just felt a bit like disrespect and stupid. Maybe it was the diaper.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 11:52 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote