KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Grant Morrison's Multiversity

Grant Morrison's Multiversity
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

The approach of this comics was different, new and fresh. It seemed a bit dark but also humorous and it shouldn't be taken too seriously. There was no disrespect imo just humor, A Bunny koing a Blue Baby. How can one take this too serious. Take it for what it is, a comic to entertain the readers, a medium that shouldn't be taken too serious, a medium that doesn't take itself serious. Simple.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 02:49 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

For a comic that doesn't take itself serious, it sure did have a lot of political correctness. But who knows, maybe it was making fun of the insane amount of enforced diversity in the mainstream comics nowdays.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 05:10 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Society of Super-Heroes issue was stellar. Very fun.

I'm curious to find out [SPOILER - highlight to read]: what type of threat Immortal Man inadvertently released when he killed Vandal Savage. The repercussions from this seem like they will be multiversal.

[edit]
quote: (post)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 03:55 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Another spectacular issue.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 03:08 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Yeah, another good story/issue. Loved the art!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 03:17 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Galan007
The Society of Super-Heroes issue was stellar. Very fun.

I'm curious to find out [SPOILER - highlight to read]: what type of threat Immortal Man inadvertently released when he killed Vandal Savage. The repercussions from this seem like they will be multiversal.

[edit]

Do you think the threat is a member of the Gentry?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 03:17 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Seems to be the obvious conclusion.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 03:18 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I was rereading the issue and noticed something. According to Vandal, the being that is released when he dies is named Niczhuotan. Sound familiar?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It's Nix Uotan. Wonder if every issue (but the final) will have him being released on the different worlds.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 05:34 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by ares834
I was rereading the issue and noticed something. According to Vandal, the being that is released when he dies is named Niczhuotan. Sound familiar?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: It's Nix Uotan. Wonder if every issue (but the final) will have him being released on the different worlds.

Damn! Nice catch!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 05:40 AM
appletonia
major studmuffin

Another great issue. It's so amazing how both this and The Sandman: Overture are being released at the same time.

27/01/16 - DarthAnt66 - 91 days

Last edited by appletonia on Sep 18th, 2014 at 01:47 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 01:44 PM
appletonia is currently offline Click here to Send appletonia a Private Message Find more posts by appletonia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ares834

I think so. I also think that people(be them real people[ie. us], or fictional people[ie. in-universe characters]) reading the Multiversity comics is what's feeding Nix/The Gentry/multiversal destruction... That seems to be the linchpin so far, at least--hence all the dialogue about the comics being "cursed", along with the numerous prompts for us to stop reading the books ASAP.

...Of course, I refuse to stop reading. So I suppose that makes me an accessory multiversal collapse, and the deaths of trillions.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 18th, 2014 at 02:11 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 01:58 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appletonia
major studmuffin

So far we've been told that one world's fiction is a window into the reality of another world but what if it's all backwards?

Maybe imagination expressed through the arts is what shapes reality, and having people engage in it is what gives that reality power.

This certainly fits in well with Morrison's views on sigil magic.

27/01/16 - DarthAnt66 - 91 days

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 10:20 PM
appletonia is currently offline Click here to Send appletonia a Private Message Find more posts by appletonia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

...Of course, I refuse to stop reading. So I suppose that makes me an accessory multiversal collapse, and the deaths of trillions.

So if we stop reading and get the book cancelled everybody lives happily? At least they give us proper incentive not to buy comics.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 08:13 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by appletonia
So far we've been told that one world's fiction is a window into the reality of another world but what if it's all backwards?

Maybe imagination expressed through the arts is what shapes reality, and having people engage in it is what gives that reality power.

This certainly fits in well with Morrison's views on sigil magic.
We already saw a bit of this concept in 'Superman Beyond'. The characters who hadn't been used or thought of in quite a while, ended up in the limbo zone.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 02:18 PM
dynamix

after seeing that Morrison map someone posted in the Monitor vs 5th dimension Imp thread i had to look up this story. Read it and was really digging it. I gotta see how this end. Hopefully more info on Primal Monitor and its relationship with the Source/Presence will be touched on.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 02:26 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well, Earth-16 Batman seems to have figured out the 'curse' behind The Multiversity comics:
http://i.imgur.com/6kxnUrC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BtKfizy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NDotWTS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QeUzbFO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EckDRPH.jpg

"The Cordyceps fungus takes control of an ant's brain, then spores via its host's head. Imagine a lifeform like that, distinguished as a story. A set of deadly hypnotic inductions."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 04:13 PM
ares834

Pretty good issue. Not as great as the other issues but still quite fun. Loved how satirical it was.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 04:37 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Well, Earth-16 Batman seems to have figured out the 'curse' behind The Multiversity comics:
http://i.imgur.com/6kxnUrC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BtKfizy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NDotWTS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QeUzbFO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EckDRPH.jpg

"The Cordyceps fungus takes control of an ant's brain, then spores via its host's head. Imagine a lifeform like that, distinguished as a story. A set of deadly hypnotic inductions."

what issue is that from?

anyone reading the infinite crisis-fight for the mulitverse? it's been....okay. a couple terrible issues i thought, but a few good ones. much of the dialogue has been....pretty awful imo. i like some of the iterations, (like hal) but i dislike some too (daimian is a TOTAL douche in any reality, apparently....)

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 10:47 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by leonidas
what issue is that from?

anyone reading the infinite crisis-fight for the mulitverse? it's been....okay. a couple terrible issues i thought, but a few good ones. much of the dialogue has been....pretty awful imo. i like some of the iterations, (like hal) but i dislike some too (daimian is a TOTAL douche in any reality, apparently....)
It's from "Multiversity: The Just" #1. Came out this past week.

I've been reading "Fight for the Multiverse" since the first issue. It has been very hit and miss... Great concepts that are sometimes poorly executed, and/or dragged out ad nauseam. However, I AM curious to see what this next issue brings. An alternate Lex potentially in control of ALL Monitor-tech? That's effing scary.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 11:08 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah, the gaslit lex is pretty cool. a testament to how smart he is across all worlds. he's gonna be a problem for sure.

i assume we are to assume that the two-faced and the quest for the artifacts was instigated by the gentry, right? and i presume the society book that followed the first multiversity issue was intended to be a 'comic' book warning to other comic characters--immortal man's reality is a 'comic' in some alternate world and that world's heroes are supposed to read it and realize it was an ACTUAL warning? and do you assume immortal man's world....died when uotan was summoned at the end?

all the meta text is cool, but trying to summarize it and really understand what is happening is a wee bit challenging.....

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 01:57 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote