KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Grant Morrison's Multiversity

Grant Morrison's Multiversity
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Pax Americana was brilliant. Possibly my favorite issue yet. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 02:18 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

really? i found it pretty.....meh. what'd you like about it so much?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 10:07 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I liked the Flex Mentallo sort of vibe it had... I also dig Quitely artwork, so I was a little biased going in. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 10:10 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

ah. lol i like quitely. explains part of why you liked as superman so much. stick out tongue

i guess i didn't 'quitely' get the story. if you tell me your take i'll tell you mine.... shifty

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 11:20 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appletonia
major studmuffin

Amazing issue, almost right up there with Multiversity #1.

My revised ranking:

1. The Multiversity #1 - 9.5
2. Pax Americana #1 - 9.2
3. The Just #1 - 8.4
4. S.O.S. #1 - 7.6

After reading it a couple of times I feel I have a pretty good grasp of the story, though there are still a few mysteries and I'm guessing a lot of stuff below the surface that I've missed. Might understand it a bit more once I've read the whole series, though that being said I'd say out of all the one-shots so far this one seems to have the least to do with the overarching meta story.

27/01/16 - DarthAnt66 - 91 days

Last edited by appletonia on Nov 20th, 2014 at 01:16 AM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 01:14 AM
appletonia is currently offline Click here to Send appletonia a Private Message Find more posts by appletonia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Earth 41 is DC's take on Image comics.

http://www.newsarama.com/22847-the-...age-comics.html

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 08:25 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 08:59 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Multiversity ends in April.

(please log in to view the image)

quote:
THE MULTIVERSITY: ULTRA COMICS #1
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art by DOUG MAHNKE and CHRISTIAN ALAMY
Cover by DOUG MAHNKE
1:10 B&W Variant cover by DOUG MAHNKE
1:25 Variant cover by DUNCAN ROULEAU
1:50 Variant cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
1:100 Variant cover by GRANT MORRISON
On sale MARCH 18 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T
The penultimate chapter of the greatest adventure in DC’s history is here!
The acclaimed FINAL CRISIS team of Grant Morrison and Doug Mahnke reunite for a story so big it could only take place in the real world – that’s right, Earth-33 is back!
With the Multiverse under attack, a team of scientists create one final savior to take on the otherworldly threat…and its name is Ultra Comics! Literally held in your hands, one being will attempt to halt the annihilation of creation – and you, the reader, will have a front-row seat as you become an integral part of the resistance!
It’s another exciting, experimental story told by two of today’s top creators! You won’t want to miss this exciting issue which acts as chapter eight of THE MULTIVERSITY storyline.

(please log in to view the image)

quote:
THE MULTIVERSITY #2
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
1:10 B&W Variant cover by IVAN REIS
1:25 Variant cover by MICHAEL ALLRED
1:50 Variant cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and KLAUS JANSON
1:100 Variant cover by GRANT MORRISON
Advance solicit • On sale APRIL 1 • 56 pg, FC, $5.99 US • RATED T
Every event in the history of the DC Universe has been leading to this! The final chapter of the greatest adventure of all time is here!
Issue #1 artist Ivan Reis reteams with mastermind Grant Morrison to end THE MULTIVERSITY and bring together the greatest and bravest heroes of the DC Multiverse to fight one last battle. But more than just some cabal of super-villains, they face the greatest evil that ever existed. An evil so massive, they actually may not stand a chance!
Who are the mystic Justice League of Earth-13 and what role does their leader Super Demon play in the crisis rising all around them? What shocking secret motivates the dark, nightmare henchmen known as The Gentry? And what is the final fate of Nix Uotan – the Super-God?!
You cannot miss this final, stunning chapter of Grant Morrison’s ultimate super hero epic!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 07:22 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Ultra Comics is the one book that has been featured in every issue of Multiversity so far--it's the proverbial linchpin of the series. Can't wait to read it.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 08:13 PM
Senor Cage

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 10:05 PM
Senor Cage

New interview with Morrison.

http://www.salon.com/2014/12/13/ gr...ght_white_male/

So, it looks like Earth 34 is an homage to Astro City and Earth 35 is Liefeld's Extreme.

quote:
Was it a freeing experience to run wild inventing new Earths and (anti)heroes, while tearing down established ones?

I tried to color within the lines. DC Comics has a rich history of parallel Earths and as I said, I kept the ones I liked, sharpened them up a little, and created a few new universes (!) based on rival superhero comic book publishers like Marvel, Image or Extreme. For some perverse reason, I get off on taking money for making up daft analogues of existing characters, like “Spore” instead of “Spawn,” “Major Max” instead of “Captain Marvel,” or “Doctor Nemo” instead of “No-Man.” There’s quite a bit of that and it’s all in the upcoming “Multiversity Guidebook,” where you’ll see analogues of Rob Liefeld or Kurt Busiek’s own analogues of DC and Marvel characters. These are twice-removed analogues — copies of copies — where something like Busiek’s Captain Marvel stand-in, the tuxedo-wearing Gentleman, becomes Earth-34’s L’il Abner-lookin’ Good Guy. Where Rob Liefeld’s Wonder Woman knock-off, Glory, turns into Earth-35’s Majesty, Queen of Venus and so on. Riffs upon riffs of riffs. It’s like guitar feedback.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2014 03:35 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thunderworld Adventures read like a good 'ol Golden Age/Fawcett-era tale. It was decent, but probably my least favorite issue so far.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2014 07:11 PM
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Thunderworld Adventures read like a good 'ol Golden Age/Fawcett-era tale. It was decent, but probably my least favorite issue so far.

Do you have any theories on what or who Ultra is?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 12:13 AM
ares834

Loved it. Absolutely loved it. Morrison needs to write a Captain Marvel ongoing ASAP.

On a different note, this is the first time we've seen the Gentry defeated.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 03:45 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Gentry? How was it defeated?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 03:50 AM
Senor Cage

Anyone think we'll get a Multiversity book post Convergence?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 03:50 AM
ares834

Originally posted by Golgo13
Gentry? How was it defeated?

Good wins.

And the corrupting influence of the Gentry is either banished or thrown in the trash.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 04:07 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

More Captain Carrot please.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 04:24 AM
Zenwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

More Wildstorm/Milestone please.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 03:45 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by ares834
Good wins.

And the corrupting influence of the Gentry is either banished or thrown in the trash.

hmm, where did you get the idea that the gentry is directly involved? not saying you're wrong, just legit curious.

i also loved the issue. if morrison took on a cm book, i'd be first in line to buy. thumb up

on a separate note: i get that sivana, and others, have been inspired by this comic that is being disseminated throughout the multiverse, but....do we know yet who is behind the dissemination? and just how do the characters actually know that the book really IS tales from other ACTUAL mutliverses?

i'm loving the takes on rl comic company universes, but i'm still REALLY foggy on just what is happening, the general, over-arching idea, and the impact the first book is intended to be having.... i feel really dumb reading this series. sad

i haven't gone through and read any other literature about the series (interviews, reviews, etc...) because in general i don't think a reader should be required to do so. but in this case, i'm thinking about breaking my own rule for the sake of my sanity and understanding. i REALLY hate feeling like i can't understand a comic book. no expression

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 04:32 PM