KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why were the sith considered to be so evil?

The movies were too vague in explaining the Sith's supposed evilness to us
This poll is closed.
The Sith are not inheritley evil, just some of them are 1 25.00%
The Sith are all inheritley evil 3 75.00%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Why were the sith considered to be so evil?
Started by: PhoenixSam5

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes but its also generally accepted etiquette on the interwebs.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 04:41 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

quote: (post)
Originally posted by focus4chumps
yes but its also generally accepted etiquette on the interwebs.

What is?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 04:44 AM
Click here to Send PhoenixSam5 a Private Message Find more posts by PhoenixSam5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

not citing licensed spin-off literature in a canon disussion.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 04:51 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just to be clear, this thread is not about the morality of both factions in both eras. There's no doubt about that. The Rebels are the good guys and without that basic assumption the entire setup does not work. If you want to make a thread attacking GL's moral simplicity then fine, but there's really nowhere to go with it. And indeed, forget about the EU here.

One last chance for this thread to produce anything interesting about the way the Sith ware portrayed.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 07:16 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

They were portrayed interestingly, so case closed.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 07:57 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Just to be clear, this thread is not about the morality of both factions in both eras. There's no doubt about that. The Rebels are the good guys and without that basic assumption the entire setup does not work. If you want to make a thread attacking GL's moral simplicity then fine, but there's really nowhere to go with it. And indeed, forget about the EU here.

One last chance for this thread to produce anything interesting about the way the Sith ware portrayed.

Please, lock this thread. I'm going to create a thread in the EU about Sith atrocities in the pre-prequel era, and yeah, this thread, as you said, is going nowhere.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 07:12 PM
Click here to Send PhoenixSam5 a Private Message Find more posts by PhoenixSam5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

Before locking this thread, i have one last question. Before the Naboo blockade and the clone wars, what exactly did the Sith do that made them the enemies of the Jedi (no EU involved).

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 09:11 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by PhoenixSam5
Before locking this thread, i have one last question. Before the Naboo blockade and the clone wars, what exactly did the Sith do that made them the enemies of the Jedi (no EU involved).

the only evidence is very vague, but we're left to infer that the sith pulled off a military coup a thousand years before and that the events of the PT was simply history repeating itself. again, vague evidence so even that is speculative.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 09:20 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Thank god for the EU, is all I'll say.

Yeah, in the movies, though, the audience got a better explanation of why the Sith were evil than the actual "good" characters did.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 01:31 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

an issue thats always haunted me...

it seems that the jedi order was simply a fail-safe for a sith return. i mean what was their job otherwise? diplomats? since when does one need to perform magic in diplomacy? i have the impression from the PT that the galactic republic saw fit to keep them around for just that reason and kept them busy in civil service (to justify funding them perhaps?)

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 01:34 AM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by focus4chumps
an issue thats always haunted me...

it seems that the jedi order was simply a fail-safe for a sith return. i mean what was their job otherwise? diplomats? since when does one need to perform magic in diplomacy? i have the impression from the PT that the galactic republic saw fit to keep them around for just that reason and kept them busy in civil service (to justify funding them perhaps?)

Now that you mention it that does seem odd.. Also seem like a handy deterrent to those who would seek to cause galactic mayhem by opposing the senate.

Lol when I first saw them as diplomats the first thing i thought was "oh so those guys are causing trouble and they I'll Jedi mind trick their leaders into stopping" but I guess that might make some sort of ethicical issue. But yeah Jedi seemed feared so it was like sending a warhead to talk diplomacy lol.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 01:53 AM
Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

"Negotiations with a lightsaber".

Honestly though, the movies failed to show us the breadth of their work. Again, it's the EU that gave us that, which is sad, really.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 01:56 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

the only EU i like are the ones divorced from the saga. i dont need my cinema experience corrected by someone else's literature. if its awesome (OT) i will treasure it forever. if not, i will disavow it and look forward to a hopefully bright future with a mickey mouse hat.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 02:07 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, seems we are done then!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 07:35 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote