KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » What if Anakin killed Obi Wan on Mustafar?

What if Anakin killed Obi Wan on Mustafar?
Started by: PhoenixSam5

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

i was talking about emporer/tarkin regarding vader

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 01:33 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

quote: (post)
Originally posted by focus4chumps

All that proves is that Tarkin respected Vader, not the other way around.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 02:18 PM
Click here to Send PhoenixSam5 a Private Message Find more posts by PhoenixSam5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

Re: Re: What if Anakin killed Obi Wan on Mustafar?

Originally posted by SevenShackles
I think this is retarded. Why would he force Luke/Leia to fight to the death? His whole issue is loosing the woman he loves so I don't think making his children fight to the death would really be something he would want. Them perhaps having a rivalry that makes them bitter enemies in the pursuit of their fathers approval/affection and the right to be his right hand and successor seems more likely. 'the rule of two' is enforced to keep the number of rivals to a minimum and I doubt despite training them in the ways of the force/sith he wouldn't subject them to such a pointless death. More so given he wasn't trained as sith ...at all really.. He is a Jedi who had given in to the dark side but all that 'their can only be two' crap was all the emperor.

Vader was a Sith. He had a Darth in his name. The movies even say that he was a Sith.

Whaddya think, he was a dark jedi or something?

It's not a retarded opinion, the Sith only allowed a master and an apprentice.

Also, Vader would kill Luke and/or Leia if they refused to join him.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 04:19 AM
Click here to Send PhoenixSam5 a Private Message Find more posts by PhoenixSam5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

Tarkin respected Vader, but there's no proof that the other way around is true (ie, that Vader respected Tarkin and/or the Tarkin doctrine).

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 04:27 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

i wasnt presenting it as proof,

also i wasnt presenting it as proof,

and i finally wasnt presenting it as proof. thanks, though. no expression

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Last edited by focus4chumps on Mar 10th, 2013 at 04:30 AM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 04:27 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

i wasnt presenting it as proof,

also i wasnt presenting it as proof,

and i finally wasnt presenting it as proof. thanks, though. no expression

Please read my above post about what Vader would do with Luke and Leia as Emperor, and respond!

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 04:41 AM
PhoenixSam5

that whole ben kenobi immortality thing?

luke turning off his targeting computer and blowing up the deathstar using the force to guide him?

were you not impressed or did you just miss those parts?

In the novel, the rise and fall of darth vader, it says, "the death star did not impress darth vader at all."

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 04:44 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

the novel is not canon

if you see/hear it in the films, thats canon

there is an iffy situation with the clone wars cartoon though, but other than that...yeah

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 04:53 AM
PhoenixSam5

the novel is not canon

if you see/hear it in the films, thats canon

there is an iffy situation with the clone wars cartoon though, but other than that...yeah

This is not the EU subforum, so let's not get into the EU too much over here, however, let's use the EU vader novel as a reference point for this debate.

Assuming the EU is canon and on the same continuity as the movies, how would Vader's quote (the death star didn't impress him at all) into Vader keeping and using death star in his Empire as a useful tool for ruling the galaxy?

And, also....

(remember, Vader was not in total control, Palps was, and Palpatine used the death star, Vader never ordered it to destroy alderaan.)

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 05:41 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont even know what you're on about *shrug*

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 05:44 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yeah he does that a lot. I think he might be schizophrenic.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 05:47 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

Assuming the EU quote that the death star didn't impress vader, was canon (let's not debate canon here, let's do that in the EU subforum, cuz I gotta get some sleep very soon-I can stay around for another half hour or so arguing about this, just not something as big as a canon debate), was true, how does that reconcile with Vader viewing the death star as a useful tool and keeping it in his empire if he didn't find it to be impressive at all.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 05:48 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

there is no "assuming EU is appropriate...". its inappropriate.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 05:50 AM
PhoenixSam5

there is no "assuming EU is appropriate...". its inappropriate.

Just for the sake of arguement, just this one time.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 06:00 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

there is an EU forum, as you well know.

why do you insist on always trying to nonchalantly hijack your own topics with EU?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 06:02 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, speaking about the EU on this forum gets your thread closed very quickly.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 06:05 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

there is an EU forum, as you well know.

why do you insist on always trying to nonchalantly hijack your own topics with EU?

OK, fine I'll stop bringing up the EU.

Back on topic, I think Vader could have saved Padme in ROTS, and here's why. The darkside midichlorian cure could have saved her from death, but I'm not sure if her dying of a broken heart (ie, intense stress) could have been stopped by using magical powers of the Force and midichlorians. maybe, maybe not.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 06:25 AM
queeq
Chaos

Stop bringing up dumb "what if..." thread too.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 01:21 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

Originally posted by queeq
Stop bringing up dumb "what if..." thread too.

Are what if threads against the rules over here?

Anyways, I don't think Vader respected Tarkin, there's no real evidence to support that. Tarkin certainly respected Vader, but I view Vader's relationship with Tarkin as more neutral.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 07:14 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

these literal trojan 'what if' threads meant to sell crummy baseless theories.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 07:40 PM