KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Alien: Covenant

Alien: Covenant
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Prometheus 2: Paradise 2014

Once again a look through wikipedia has lead to me another movie possibility. I was on Noomie Rapaces page this time and looked at her filmography to see if it had anything about a prometheus sequel and saw the name of the sequel and the year 2014 next to it. Whether it's true or not I guess the name of the thread can be changed should that be a fake name or what not but we know a sequel is most likely coming. I read that Scott is hoping to bridge the gap between the prometheus sequel and Alien so that'll be pretty cool to see IMO.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 11:23 AM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Tried using google to confirm it?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 11:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

There are quite a few pages for a sequel, saw a facebook page for 'Prometheus 2: Paradise' so...who knows? But I heard the sequel is looking at a 2014/15 release date and by 2015 according to BTTF2 we'll have flying cars smile

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 11:28 AM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The sequel has been confirmed for a looooong time. I just posted this in the first thread...

quote:
Prometheus Sequel Script In The Works!

Noomi Rapace has met with Ridley Scott and has confirmed that work on the Prometheus Sequel script is currently under way! The news comes to us from The Playlist, who caught up with Ms. Rapace while she was promoting her recent film, Dead Man Down. When asked about the status of Prometheus 2, Rapace revealed that:

"They're working on the script. I met Ridley in London a couple of weeks ago. I would love to work with him again and I know that he would like to do another one. It's just like we need to find the right story. I hope we will."

(please log in to view the image)

Following this, when asked about what she thought about the reaction Prometheus received after it's June, 2012 release this past summer, the actress replied:

"I love working with Ridley. It was pure joy," she said. "It was really hard work sometimes. My body was a complete mess - I had bruises and cuts and emotionally I was a bit slammed. But being in his world and his universe was such an amazing experience."

"And it's interesting because people, most people I've talked to who see the movie, see things that are quite different. Some people who see the movie many times and discover new things. There are all these religious aspects and there are very interesting conversations," Rapace explained. "And for me, if we do a second one, there are a lot of things to explore in there and to continue." She added: "I would love to do it."

It's great to hear that Prometheus 2 is in the works. With a projected late 2014 - early 2015 release date in mind, we can expect to hear a lot more on Prometheus' Sequel as we head into summer, 2013.

To re-cap, Damon Lindelof, one of the co-writers for Prometheus has publicly stated that he will NOT be involved in the sequel. But no word yet whether or not co-writer, Jon Spaihts will be returning to lend a hand on the story development.

Now, I don't know if this means a writer has already been hired and is working on it, or if Ridley is laying out the general outline for someone else to fine-tune later or what, but it is extremely exciting.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 11:59 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I wouldn't mind seeing what becomes of that early stage xeno as well as what happens Noomi goes to visit the engineers

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 12:03 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I'd still like a sequel but was thoroughly disappointed with the first.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 05:52 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

My dick is still hard for the first one, but it's EXTRA hard for a follow-up.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 06:12 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

^Sword fight!

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 02:46 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ebrown

Looking forward to it. I never got the hate for the prometheus, it was pretty good.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 09:37 AM
ebrown is currently offline Click here to Send ebrown a Private Message Find more posts by ebrown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I think the hate comes from people wanting it to be more about the origins of the xeno's than anything else

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 12:07 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

It seems so.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 12:40 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

It was pretty boring.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 09:17 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
I think the hate comes from people wanting it to be more about the origins of the xeno's than anything else

If that's true, then people are idiots, because the film is about that and so much more... delving into not just the origin of the xeno, but the origin of everything. People should use some imagination and clues from the film to come up with their own theory for what's going on instead of just writing everything off as a plothole. Fans (of the Alien franchise in this case) would be a lot happier if they accepted things the way they are rather than bitching about the way they're not. That's my rant for today, 'cause I'm sick of people bitching about such a masterful piece of dark science fiction. To me it is the quintessential dark sci-fi film, handled with elegance and precision and with themes like no other. Films of this nature are precious and rare.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Mar 6th, 2013 at 01:53 AM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 01:51 AM
Ascendancy

Honestly, had they done one or two other things well it would have been close to perfect. I literally wanted to go to space immediately after those amazing visuals.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 01:57 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

The movie is basically it's own movie with some origins of the xeno's

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 09:37 AM
juggerman

I didn't really expect to see the xenos but the movie itself was pretty boring and the characters were idiots. Seriously the two guys want to run out of the cave cuz they see a body that's been dead for a billion years but then they want to play with an alive alien snake????

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 01:30 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by juggerman
s but then they want to play with an alive alien snake????

Even Quentin Tarantino brought that up

quote:
"But there was also a lot of dumb stuff in it. When it got to the point where they're on another planet and then a space cobra literally shows up, opens up its hood and the guy who's in charge of alien creatures goes, 'Hey, little fella! How ya doin'?' I was like, 'Uhhhhh... It's a space cobra!'"

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 01:34 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I didn't really expect to see the xenos but the movie itself was pretty boring and the characters were idiots. Seriously the two guys want to run out of the cave cuz they see a body that's been dead for a billion years but then they want to play with an alive alien snake????
thumb up

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 03:51 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I didn't really expect to see the xenos b the movie itself was pretty boring and the characters were idiots. Seriously the two guys want to run out of the cave cuz they see a body that's been dead for a billion years but then they want to play with an alive alien snake????

Apparently you haven't met too many people in your life. Many of them ARE idiots.. flawed and bizarre. Pathologies and psychoses on top of each other. It's true to life. They were smoking hash, too. There's many ways to make sense of it. If there's one thing in life that is unpredictable, it's human behavior.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 06:24 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

LoL, dude. If you loved the flick, you loved the flick. But some of the actions the characters made in the film were outright nonsensical and really can't be defended.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 06:30 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote