KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Alien: Covenant

Alien: Covenant
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 61 62 [63] 64 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
Let it go, man.

Let go of me letting it go, man.

Just making an observation.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 12:36 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Movie sucked

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 03:17 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Yeah I know I'm flogging a dead horse but I came across some fan theories that I thought was interesting insights...

1) The Engineers (as seen in Prometheus) would visit various planets & if seen fit, would create life. They would then revisit the planet hundreds of years later to view its progress...
If they didn't like what they saw...war, famine, pollution, greed they would destroy the planet & possibly start the recreation cycle all over again.
Like the flood & Noah's ark.

David (in Covenant) discovered The Engineers were planning on revisiting Earth to destroy it & decided to kill off The Engineers before they could send a ship to Earth.
Even though David still had a hatred of humanity...he wanted the humans on Earth to destroy themselves at their own hands.

2) David didn't kill Shaw.
At the end of Prometheus, David is seen placing Shaw in a stasis pod but she is sick, feverish & wrapped in a blanket...apparently sick from a droplet of black goo in her uterus from her hurried caesarian operation.

In Covenant, all the experiments & flashback images of Shaw's vivisection was in fact David trying to save her.
And when he realised he couldn't save her as a human being, he then tried to change her into a human hybrid to stay alive.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 07:55 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
prabhash.s
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just an okay movie.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 10:02 AM
prabhash.s is currently offline Click here to Send prabhash.s a Private Message Find more posts by prabhash.s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Yeah I know I'm flogging a dead horse but I came across some fan theories that I thought was interesting insights...

1) The Engineers (as seen in Prometheus) would visit various planets & if seen fit, would create life. They would then revisit the planet hundreds of years later to view its progress...
If they didn't like what they saw...war, famine, pollution, greed they would destroy the planet & possibly start the recreation cycle all over again.
Like the flood & Noah's ark.

David (in Covenant) discovered The Engineers were planning on revisiting Earth to destroy it & decided to kill off The Engineers before they could send a ship to Earth.
Even though David still had a hatred of humanity...he wanted the humans on Earth to destroy themselves at their own hands.

2) David didn't kill Shaw.
At the end of Prometheus, David is seen placing Shaw in a stasis pod but she is sick, feverish & wrapped in a blanket...apparently sick from a droplet of black goo in her uterus from her hurried caesarian operation.

In Covenant, all the experiments & flashback images of Shaw's vivisection was in fact David trying to save her.
And when he realised he couldn't save her as a human being, he then tried to change her into a human hybrid to stay alive.

Interesting theories. But why would there be so much unneeded deception in the storytelling in Covenant? "Oh, just kidding, what actually happened was..." Anyway I don't see them thinking it out well enough to save this franchise. They'll have to pull a miracle out of their asses if they are going to pull this out of the fountain of fail.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 12:23 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Interesting theories. But why would there be so much unneeded deception in the storytelling in Covenant? "Oh, just kidding, what actually happened was..."

Yeah completely agree on the unneeded deception...I'm under the impression there'll be some deleted scenes re: Shaw flashbacks that will show David "didn't kill her" outright.

David took a liking to her in Prometheus saying she had a "warm heart".
Then in Covenant, he did reminisce that he never felt the kindness she showed him from his own father.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2017 02:11 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Alien Covenant sequels might get cancelled...

http://popculture.com/entertainment...ed-ridley-scott

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 02:14 AM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Fox might be looking to jump into the future to sort of "reboot"...

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/...th-new-timeline

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 01:29 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

No point unless they give it to someone other than Ridley, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 01:38 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ridley is saying ‘The Beast Has Almost Run Out’

https://screenrant.com/ridley-scott...sequels-future/

or maybe you've run out, Time to someone new to have a go.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 01:27 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ Time to 'have'

....fcuking KMC acting up, won't let me edit my post and i'm within the time limit.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 01:28 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Anything to cover his ass, the prick.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 01:31 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Dumbass

Let some new writers come in and use the old Dark Horse lore or reboot the franchise and explore ideas with he Yautja

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 01:54 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Damn. I was actually super excited for Ridley's proposed Covenant sequel featuring the Engineers returning to their home planet to see it devastated...I really want to know more about the Engineers and see more of their culture and lifestyle, but I guess that's just wishful thinking at this point and will have to live on only in my imagination

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 10:48 PM
nfactor1995 is currently offline Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

He's still doing it but from what I read they're doing a reboot which they probably need to. Not that butt hurt fanboys who hated Covenant will be any happier until we get the 10000th film of someone knocking a Xeno out of an airlock. That when they could reboot by exploring the Dark horse comics, reboot he AVP franchise, or find writers to explore the Prometheus ideas. The fanbase for Aliens are as bad as trekkies

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 11:09 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Holy shit, apparently they had some better intentions for this film that got scrapped. Some awesome unused concept work here...

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/...-different-film

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 01:02 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Alien is a stale and boring franchise. They didn't proceed with the Engineers so who cares. Bury it.

Always favored the Predator over these weak and stupid Xenomorphs.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 01:08 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

There's a new Aliens comic book series on the way from Dark Horse, Titled "Aliens: Dust to Dust" goes on sale April 24th.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 11:51 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I enjoyed Prometheus a bit as a stand alone film with an Alien-esque cameo at the end, but generally speaking I'll be ignoring it along with Covenant for any future Alien marathons I'll be having.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 01:41 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

The much better film that could have been if Ridley hadn't gone completely senile...

Old Post Jan 20th, 2018 01:49 AM