KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Horror Cliches

Horror Cliches
Started by: Pulse2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pulse2
Feel the ripple

Horror Cliches

Don't you just love them, they occur in most if not all horror movies, especially the rampant serial killer types and have been around for years.

Lets have a look at a few:

- Multiple keys to a lock in a desperate situation
- Killer walks slowly and always only just manages to get to them as they pull their leg through a hole or otherwise.
- Engine to the car suddenly doesn't work
- Victims always separate
- Ditzy girls almost always have big breasts and die first
- Sexual encounters always if not mostly lead to death
- The remaining survivor tends to be the 'sensible' female in the group
- One by one people die, quite often in ways that could have been avoided
- Guns never seem to shoot when you want them to
- Killers are immortal and therefore can withstand bullets
- Killers are also superhuman and therefore can walk through doors, smash through walls, break through windows without incurring any damage whatsoever
- The killer has the ability to appear and disappear at any given point because...well...they have the ability to teleport

Can you think of any others?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 02:12 AM
Pulse2 is currently offline Click here to Send Pulse2 a Private Message Find more posts by Pulse2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Sheriff
Bantha Rustlers Beware

The Cops never believe when the are having the events of the movie explained to them. "Look kid, I don't have the time to sit here and listen to your bulls*&t." That kind of thing.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 12:16 PM
Jedi Sheriff is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Sheriff a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Sheriff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

despite weapons (guns in most cases) not working, victim continue to empty shells sometimes standing there shooting until monster or killer walk close enough to grab or kill them.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 08:38 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
elrond72

victim could hide in the most unlikely place and the killer always knows where they are

victim always falls over when running away

in a group the big tough alpha male gets killed by the slightest flick from the killer/monster while the geek/weakest gets dragged through the shit and STILL manages to hang on till the end

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 07:42 PM
elrond72 is currently offline Click here to Send elrond72 a Private Message Find more posts by elrond72 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CharlieNinjitsu
Kitty

I have seen a horror film where everyone dies o__o

Killers somehow come back alive
There is always a whore in a horror film

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 10:20 PM
CharlieNinjitsu is currently offline Click here to Send CharlieNinjitsu a Private Message Find more posts by CharlieNinjitsu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
elrond72

****. Some woman always shows her norks.

The police always get killed even though they are trained and armed whereas the victims always manage to survive with just a bog roll inner tube as a weapon until the end

what horror was the one where everyone dies?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 10:30 PM
elrond72 is currently offline Click here to Send elrond72 a Private Message Find more posts by elrond72 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CharlieNinjitsu
Kitty

The Cabin in the woods (2011)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1259521/

Great film tbh

Cars running out of petrol !! And then don't seem to work again

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 10:35 PM
CharlieNinjitsu is currently offline Click here to Send CharlieNinjitsu a Private Message Find more posts by CharlieNinjitsu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
elrond72

Must check that one out

Woods. Whenever someone is being chased they always seem to end up in a wood.

The victims almost are always alpha male jock, ditzy girl, intelligent girl, geek and the brooding guy from the wrong side of the tracks that no one trusts

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 10:47 PM
CharlieNinjitsu
Kitty

The re is most likely a dude that. Is very high......and does not know what's going on half the time

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 10:51 PM
elrond72

With all these cliches we could probably write the perfect horror movie!

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 11:01 PM
CharlieNinjitsu
Kitty

yes, we could you know : )

Old Post Mar 24th, 2013 02:23 PM
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

All of those cliches originate from halloween series mostly, especially the "final" girl one, Laurie Strode being the most sensible one as implued throughout the film while her friends are either ditzy or slutty.
Laurie Strode is widely regarded as the original final girl, like scream(cindy) friday the 13th(what ever girlnis smart or some kid) elm street(the smartest girl he terrorizes always seems to last the longest)
Haloween is the best though

Old Post Sep 7th, 2013 11:59 AM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Cell phone doesn't work. This seems cross-genre.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2013 07:41 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
only_heather

I think Scream nailed it when they made the 'don't do this if you are caught in a horror movie setting' list... don't run up the stairs... and don't trip... ha ha, always the ditzy girl who trips while looking back...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2013 06:27 PM
only_heather is currently offline Click here to Send only_heather a Private Message Find more posts by only_heather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

They always seem to try and escape through the most awkward ways, through cat flaps? Small windows in the attic etc

Old Post Sep 30th, 2013 07:42 PM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote