KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Clone Wars Jedi/Sith Hierarchy

Clone Wars Jedi/Sith Hierarchy
Started by: Placidity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Clone Wars Jedi/Sith Hierarchy

Since Clone Wars has left me somewhat confused at times as to the power levels of the characters due to inconsistency, I thought this hierarchy thread would be a good idea.

These levels are to be based on TCW TV series ONLY. If it cannot be backed by feats or statements from the show, it is not valid - unless it widely and undisputedly accepted in canon, i.e the films, NOT novelizations, fanboy interpretations etc.

Because we are only using said sources, effectively it is a lay-man's interpretation of what is seen on-screen. No over-complicated or technical theories (i.e going in EU, going beyond allowed sources) are valid.

Based on these restrictions, you may not like the outcome, you may not think it is consistent with EU, your interpretation etc. That's okay, you are welcome to make your own thread with your own stipulations =)

Please rank the following in terms of overall skill and in the force (together or separately - up to you).

1. Sidious
2. Dooku
3. Ventress
4. Maul
5. Savage
6. Anakin
7. Obi-Wan
8. Ahsoka
9. Yoda
10. Mace Windu
11. Barriss Offee
12. Aayla Secura
13. Kit Fisto
14... Any other Force sensitives who have notable feats.

Feel free to split them into categories to show where a wider gap exists.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 02:51 PM
Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Here is my first attempt, without much thought, nor will I try to defend it =D

1. Sidious
2. Yoda
3. Dooku
4. Mace

Mid

5. Maul
6. Savage
7. Aayla Secura
8. Anakin
9. Obi Wan
10. Ventress
11. Barriss Offee
12. Kit Fisto
13. Ahsoka

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 03:01 PM
Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: Clone Wars Jedi/Sith Hierarchy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Placidity

1. Sidious
2. Dooku
3. Ventress
4. Maul
5. Savage
6. Anakin
7. Obi-Wan
8. Ahsoka
9. Yoda
10. Mace Windu
11. Barriss Offee
12. Aayla Secura
13. Kit Fisto
14... Any other Force sensitives who have notable feats.

Not sure if this is the right thread.. But if this is in an all out as of the current CW series then:

Top Dogs:
Yoda/Sidious
Windu/Dooku
Skywalker

Mid-level (but still pretty damn powerful):
Obi-Wan/Maul
Savage
Ventress/Barriss Offee (If it's dark side Barriss).

Lowest(on this thread):
Fisto
Ashoka/Secura

Force Wielders are dead otherwise of course they'd be on top.

But then Skywalker overpowered 2 of them so he could potentially be on top if he finds that power within himself again.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Re: Re: Clone Wars Jedi/Sith Hierarchy

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Not sure if this is the right thread.. But if this is in an all out as of the current CW series then:

Top Dogs:
Yoda/Sidious
Windu/Dooku
Skywalker

Mid-level (but still pretty damn powerful):
Obi-Wan/Maul
Savage
Ventress/Barriss Offee (If it's dark side Barriss).

Lowest(on this thread):
Fisto
Ashoka/Secura

Force Wielders are dead otherwise of course they'd be on top.

But then Skywalker overpowered 2 of them so he could potentially be on top if he finds that power within himself again.

I agree with most of this, except Obi Wan is >= Anakin, and Kit Fisto is definitely a tier higher than Ashoka.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 04:37 PM
Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't remember seeing Mace or Yoda duel much, so they're not going to be on my list.

Anyway:

Sidious
Dooku
Obi-Wan
Anakin
Maul
Savage
Ventress
Grievous
Barriss
Ahsoka

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 5th, 2013 05:38 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

No love for Aayla?

I think she is a complete badass, one of the fastest Jedi I've seen on TCW. I really love her style especially 0:26 - 0:30, it's awesome.

Btw, at 0:25, is that Yoda she is keeping up with?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 01:54 AM
ares834

Re: Re: Re: Clone Wars Jedi/Sith Hierarchy

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I agree with most of this, except Obi Wan is >= Anakin,

Not at all. Anakin is undoubtedly the more powerful of the two.

Yes, Kenobi beat Anakin, but then Anakin was at the time an emotional wreck. Frankly, Anakin seems to be more on par with Dooku (as we see almost consistently in the CW) than anything even without reaching "teh z0ne".

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 02:14 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Clone Wars Jedi/Sith Hierarchy

Originally posted by ares834
Frankly, Anakin seems to be more on par with Dooku (as we see almost consistently in the CW) than anything even without reaching "teh z0ne".

Dooku has almost always had the upper hand on Anakin, even taking on Obi-Wan at the same time as well.

IMO Anakin would not have lasted half the time Dooku did against Ventress and the Nightsisters.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 02:21 AM
ares834

I don;t know. They seem fairly even in almost every fight including those in the CWs. Dooku does hold an edge but it seems to be quite slight.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 02:40 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

No love for Aayla?

I think she is a complete badass, one of the fastest Jedi I've seen on TCW. I really love her style especially 0:26 - 0:30, it's awesome.

Btw, at 0:25, is that Yoda she is keeping up with?

I remember Aayla, but I honestly don't think we saw enough of her to form a proper opinion.

==

While I don't believe Anakin is Dooku level, i do believe he's more powerful in the force than Obi-Wan. That said, I also believe that in terms of pure saber skills, Obi-Wan is superior. His experience on top of that makes me put him above Anakin in my list.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 06:24 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Does anyone feel like Savage got some major downgrades? In the beginning he was a beast and the writers made a point of introducing him as such, overpowering Anakin and Obi-Wan at the same time. Slowly and gradually he just became "meh", didn't see much of that brute strength.

Yoda's big feat for me was him simply disarming and toying with Ventress. Anakin and Obi-Wan had to engage her in combat (and have never been successful). Yoda/Sidious are leagues above them.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 07:22 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

They had to show Savage as being beatable. It was just that worfing that a lot of writers do when they introduce a new villain. then the hero figures them out, etc.

Yeah, Yoda had that feat, but that wasn't enough for me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 07:34 AM
Darth Thor

Yes, Kenobi beat Anakin, but then Anakin was at the time an emotional wreck. Frankly, Anakin seems to be more on par with Dooku (as we see almost consistently in the CW) than anything even without reaching "teh z0ne".

They're equal when fighting each other. But Anakin is the more powerful of the 2 and the more dangerous foe for the top dogs to face without a doubt.

IMO Anakin would not have lasted half the time Dooku did against Ventress and the Nightsisters.

Well Dooku trounced Kenobi with such ease that Skywalker could never hope to.

But still Skywalker legitimately overpowered Dooku in ROTS. And their fights in the CW shows there's not much difference between them at this time period.

Anakin and Obi-Wan had to engage her in combat (and have never been successful).

Kenobi beat her by himself in the Clone Wars movie. Anakin has never lost to Ventress and always seems to have the upper hand when up against her.

In the most recent episode he even Force Choked her. I don't think Ventress would fair too well against current CW Obi-Wan or Anakin tbh.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Mar 6th, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 11:37 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Clone Wars Jedi/Sith Hierarchy

Well Dooku trounced Kenobi with such ease that Skywalker could never hope to.

But still Skywalker legitimately overpowered Dooku in ROTS. And their fights in the CW shows there's not much difference between them at this time period.

Hmm, from the fights I remember in TCW, Dooku to me is superior in saber and definitely in the force.

About RotS Anakin v Dooku, I have theories about that, but that's not for this thread. The other point I would make is that Anakin says he has grown twice as powerful since they last fought. Obviously he meant in Episode II, but if we take it to include TCW, then that would imply Dooku was likely much stronger than him throughout the series until Ep III.

Kenobi beat her by himself in the Clone Wars movie. Anakin has never lost to Ventress and always seems to have the upper hand when up against her.

In the most recent episode he even Force Choked her. I don't think Ventress would fair too well against current CW Obi-Wan or Anakin tbh.

Yea, I wouldn't put Ventress ahead of either of them, but she held her own very well against both of them on numerous occasions.

Regarding that latest fight, didn't seem like to me Ventress was really trying, not that she could since she had no sabers on her.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 12:07 PM
Darth Thor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Clone Wars Jedi/Sith Hierarchy

Hmm, from the fights I remember in TCW, Dooku to me is superior in saber and definitely in the force.

If you watch the season 4 episode "Crisis on Naboo" it shows that if anyone had the edge in Sabers it was actually Anakin. But Dooku had the edge in the All-Out due to his Force powers.

Still it was clearly a close fight.

Yea, I wouldn't put Ventress ahead of either of them, but she held her own very well against both of them on numerous occasions.

Regarding that latest fight, didn't seem like to me Ventress was really trying, not that she could since she had no sabers on her.

She was trying to resist the choke Imho. And of course her not having Sabers will not decrease her force powers.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 01:29 PM
The_Tempest

Force

1. Mortis Anchorites

2. Sidious

3. Yoda
  4. Talzin
  5. Dooku/Mace
  6. Maul/Savage
  7. Anakin
  8. Ventress/Obi-Wan
  9. Barriss
  10. Ahsoka

Skill

1. Sidious
  2. Dooku
  3. Anakin
  4. Maul
  5. Barriss
  6. Obi-Wan
  7. Savage
  8. Ventress
  9. Kit
  10. Grievous
  11. Ahsoka

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 04:32 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Does anyone feel like Savage got some major downgrades? In the beginning he was a beast and the writers made a point of introducing him as such, overpowering Anakin and Obi-Wan at the same time. Slowly and gradually he just became "meh", didn't see much of that brute strength.

The impression I got is that Savage's brute strength caught a lot of more skilled foes off-guard... but then once they adjusted to it and got used to it, they could compensate for it, while he couldn't compensate for their skill.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mnat801

I don't know why people are putting Maul above Kenobi as of the clone wars series. Kenobi defeated him and Savage at the same time. However I would assume new legs Maul > Grevious-like legs Maul.

Last edited by mnat801 on Mar 9th, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 11:02 PM
Click here to Send mnat801 a Private Message Find more posts by mnat801 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mnat801

Not at all. Anakin is undoubtedly the more powerful of the two.

Anakin never defeated Obi Wan though, and Obi wan's victory over a distorted Anakin means that its unfair to put Anakin above Obi Wan.

Also I agree that Anakin is the more powerful of the two, but Obi Wan makes up for it in experience.

I would settle for them being equal to avoid arguments, although there will always be people who believe Obi Wan is superior or Anakin is superior.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 11:18 PM
Click here to Send mnat801 a Private Message Find more posts by mnat801 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by mnat801
I don't know why people are putting Maul above Kenobi as of the clone wars series. Kenobi defeated him and Savage at the same time. However I would assume new legs Maul > Grevious-like legs Maul.

I've put them as approx in the same level. Because Kenobi has displayed more skill but Maul more power in the Force.

It could go either way tbh.

Originally posted by mnat801
Anakin never defeated Obi Wan though, and Obi wan's victory over a distorted Anakin means that its unfair to put Anakin above Obi Wan.

Also I agree that Anakin is the more powerful of the two, but Obi Wan makes up for it in experience.

I would settle for them being equal to avoid arguments, although there will always be people who believe Obi Wan is superior or Anakin is superior.

They're equal when fighting each other but Skywalker has proven himself the more lethal foe against other opponents.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2013 10:57 AM