KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakin's Fall

Anakin's Fall
Started by: jmoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

This one?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 03:34 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

yup.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 03:47 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

haha

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 12:16 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hilarious

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 02:43 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kickballjedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Again, I disagree- I think the ethical and political realities of the situation are not unclear in the film. It is clear that the Jedi are a police force, so your logic is backwards. It's the default to assume they have no power to intervene outside the Republic; you;d have to establish that it is said somewhere they they CAN....
They don't intervene because it's not in the Republic. Again, your whole perspective on the burden of proof here is backwards. Again, this is like my 'NYPD intervening in Syria' example- it's too obvious to need spelling out. They don't like slavery, but what possible legal power do they have to do anything about it? The film is clear that the Republic did not exist at Tatooine, and its laws with it.

Hello, Ushgarak, everybody. I'm new to this site, but find these discussions fascinating. I have wondered about a couple of illogical points in the PT. Let's look at the clarity of the Jedi ethical realities. Here is a quote from TPM:

Qui-Gon Jinn: I can only protect you, I cannot fight a war for you.
Yet, in AotC Yoda comes flying in to save the day with an armada of ships and troops. I always found that ironic.

Then there's this interaction between Anakin and his Mother.
Shmi Skywalker: What does your heart tell you?
Anakin: I hope so. Yes... I guess.
Shmi Skywalker: Then we will see each other again.
Anakin: I will come back and free you, Mom. I promise.
Shmi Skywalker: Now, be brave, and don't look back. Don't look back.

Why doesn't he come back and free her? He's standing next to QGJ as he says this. Don't you think for the next 10 years he would spend every waking moment thinking of a way and working toward freeing his mother? Even QGJ tries to buy her freedom:

Anakin: But what about mom? Is she free too? You're coming too, aren't you mom?
Qui-Gon Jinn: I tried to free your mother Anni, but Watto wouldn't have it.

I see too many examples of inconsistency in the Jedi ethics to explain it away. If they are so true to these ethics, why does Yoda assault Geonosis? Why does Mace Windu throw out the book when he goes to arrest Palpatine. Yes, there are reasons why these extremes occurred, but freeing Anakin's enslaved mother is another extreme that can be justified like the others. At least Anakin could've saved his money and done it himself, he could've snuck by Tatooine and picked her up on his way to Naboo (if she wasn't captured yet..) and given her a home there, the Jedi Council none the wiser.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KyleAP

the way he turned to the Dark side in the movie was over a bad dream! It wasn't as much that for his motivation to switch sides that bothered me as much as it was he just willynilly agreed to kill everyone palpatine told him to.
The character of Anakin was written so horribly in the prequels.
The way Obi-Won spoke about him in the originals we all thought he was this great guy, who was tragically seduced by the dark side.
Then Lucas wrote him as a whiney selfish arsehole, and i thought "seems like he's on the dark side already"
His seduction should have been a build up of a nice guy who is having bad things going on in his life that he feels helpless, feels betrayed by the Jedi and seeks out the power of the Dark side to try and heal his problems.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 08:57 AM
Click here to Send KyleAP a Private Message Find more posts by KyleAP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KyleAP

Re: Anakin's Fall

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jmoul
In Episode 3, there are multiple points where it is obvious that Anakin is sliding toward the dark side, yet for all of their wisdom, the Jedi Council continued to push him there.

My question is, why didn't the Council (or at least Obi Wan for that matter) sense Anakin's internal conflict and confusion until it was already too late to save him?

Cause the Jedi in the prequels are dumb ,and can't see through the dark side of the force

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 09:56 AM
Click here to Send KyleAP a Private Message Find more posts by KyleAP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote