KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » I AM Your Father!

I AM Your Father!
Started by: jmoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jmoul

I AM Your Father!

Everybody knows and loves the "I am your father" scene of ESB. My question is what was the general reaction that fans had when they saw the movie for the first time, without any knowledge of what happens from anybody else? Was it expected or was it a complete shock to those who saw it?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2013 12:23 AM
Click here to Send jmoul a Private Message Find more posts by jmoul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

Re: I AM Your Father!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jmoul
Everybody knows and loves the "I am your father" scene of ESB. My question is what was the general reaction that fans had when they saw the movie for the first time, without any knowledge of what happens from anybody else? Was it expected or was it a complete shock to those who saw it?

It was the same reaction that people got at any movie plot twist. eek! eek! eek! eek!

Attachment: 3osi6v.jpg
This has been downloaded 60 time(s).

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 01:18 AM
Click here to Send PhoenixSam5 a Private Message Find more posts by PhoenixSam5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I knew Vader was his father before I seen the actual movies. What a surprise!!!!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2013 05:56 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Good for you.

But it was a huge shock at the time. I remember hoping between ESB and ROTJ at the time that it wouldn't be true. That Vader lied.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2013 10:22 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

I heard a rumor that Harrison Ford was pretty surprised since this was a closely kept secret on set.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 06:43 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

No one knew, except Lucas, Kasdan, Kershner and Hamill.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2013 06:50 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Hamill?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 02:18 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by JediRobin23
Hamill?

Mark Hamill. You know... Luke Skywalker himself?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 04:05 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jmoul

Originally posted by Vensai
Mark Hamill. You know... Luke Skywalker himself?

Not anymore, I heard that in the new trilogy from Disney there will be a different actor for Luke.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 09:17 PM
Click here to Send jmoul a Private Message Find more posts by jmoul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by jmoul
Not anymore, I heard that in the new trilogy from Disney there will be a different actor for Luke.

Really. Well, we won't know till they actually release it.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 05:44 AM
juggerman

I remember seeing an interview of James Earl Jones where he said he read the line and was stunned, and he even asked if Vader was lying at this point. Guess it was a real well kept secret. As for me i didn't see any of the movies at all until after Episode III was on dvd so i was well aware going in Vader was Luke's father and Leia was his sister. I now feel extremely jipped

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 02:04 PM
Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It was well kept. They even kept David Prowse out of the loop, because he was notoious in leaking info.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 03:32 PM
Vensai

Originally posted by queeq
It was well kept. They even kept David Prowse out of the loop, because he was notoious in leaking info.

Well, now it's a spoiler everyone knows regardless of whether or not they watch SW.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 10:45 PM
queeq
Chaos

Yeah, sure just like everyone knows about Bruce Willis in the Sixth Sense. So what?
But here Vader being Luke's father is not the crux of the trilogy. So it still works.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2013 09:40 AM