KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Would Naruto be weak without the nine tails and sage mode?

Would Naruto be weak without the nine tails and sage mode?
Started by: KAIKAGE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
A 12 year old Naruto without Kurama? I really don't see why he'd be above Orochimaru in terms of chakra capacity. It is not like Sasuke has low to average levels of chakra either.

Let's all hate on Hinata, who was weak despite possessing KG.

Well he was at least 4 times Kakashi at 12 so it's not out of the question.

I like Hinata so I can't really hate on her. I still believe she could beat Sakura and Ino. Sakura doesn't impress me at all in battle (her best showing was with the help of an old lad), and I can't recall Ino doing much of anything unless she has a team with her to act as a distraction.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 04:34 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by socool8520

I like Hinata so I can't really hate on her. I still believe she could beat Sakura and Ino. Sakura doesn't impress me at all in battle (her best showing was with the help of an old lad), and I can't recall Ino doing much of anything unless she has a team with her to act as a distraction.

His own chakra capacity was 4 times that of Kakashi's because of Kurama. It'd be much less if Kurama was not sealed in him.

Careful, Aura will bust your balls for referring to Chiyo as 'old lad'. He likes her almost as much as he does that raven haired bimbo from Bleach.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 07:48 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

See DP's reply.

She could not beat either Sakura or Ino. Sakura has better feats and Ino has kinda become a memetic badass during this war. Her mind transfer is faster than Naruto lol.

And that old lady would stomp Hinata into the ground with a single puppet.

His own chakra capacity was 4 times that of Kakashi's because of Kurama. It'd be much less if Kurama was not sealed in him.

Careful, Aura will bust your balls for referring to Chiyo as 'old lad'. He likes her almost as much as he does that raven haired bimbo from Bleach.

Okay I'm not gonna lie, I lol'd.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 08:27 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

It never states this anywhere. In fact didn't Kakashi specifically separate the two when he was talking about this? 4 times better solo, around 100 times with Kurama? So I don't buy this argument at all.

I liked Chiyo, but I was using her sarcastically to prove how Sakura's fight with Sasori was over hyped. Without Chiyo, sakura's dead early.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 01:33 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by AuraAngel
See DP's reply.

She could not beat either Sakura or Ino. Sakura has better feats and Ino has kinda become a memetic badass during this war. Her mind transfer is faster than Naruto lol.

And that old lady would stomp Hinata into the ground with a single puppet.

Saw it. Didn't agree about 10 posts ago when he said, and still don't now.

What feats for Sakura? I mean without help? They both have great chakra control and sakura's strength means jack when her chakra points are closed off.

Ino sucks. She always needs Shikamaru and Choji to be effective. The war hasn't disproved this. Oh, and wasn't she also amped up on Kurama juice to achieve this "faster than naruto" tech?

Chiyo would definitely pwn Hinata. That was never in question.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 01:38 PM
Demonic Phoenix

It never states this anywhere. In fact didn't Kakashi specifically separate the two when he was talking about this? 4 times better solo, around 100 times with Kurama? So I don't buy this argument at all.

I liked Chiyo, but I was using her sarcastically to prove how Sakura's fight with Sasori was over hyped. Without Chiyo, sakura's dead early.

Stated right here. With each year, the seal weakens, and more of Kurama's chakra slips out and mixes with Naruto's.

Considering it was Sasori that Sakura would be fighting against, no shit she'd be dead without Chiyo. Put Hinata in the same position or up against a random opponent as strong as Sasori, and she'd be dead long before Sakura would be.

Success!

Seriously though, Chiyo or Rukia?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 03:59 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

He still has his own chakra, which is what Kakashi was referring to, or why would he bring them up separately?

I guessed you missed my point. I never said that Hinata would do better than Sakura in the same instance. I was simply showing how unimpressive the feat is since she needed Chiyo to dodge his attacks. I only bring it up because it was one Sakura's showings that has been brought up in the past, and it's not the great.

I believe Hinata/Chiyo would have done just as well.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 04:15 PM
Demonic Phoenix

He still has his own chakra, which is what Kakashi was referring to, or why would he bring them up separately?

I guessed you missed my point. I never said that Hinata would do better than Sakura in the same instance. I was simply showing how unimpressive the feat is since she needed Chiyo to dodge his attacks. I only bring it up because it was one Sakura's showings that has been brought up in the past, and it's not the great.

I believe Hinata/Chiyo would have done just as well.

Do I really have to spell it out for you?

i) Small amounts of Kurama's chakra spills out and combines with Naruto's chakra. This means that Naruto's own base chakra levels increase over time.
ii) The amount of Kurama's chakra that can mix with Naruto's chakra keeps increasing with each year.
iii) At that point in time, Naruto had had Kurama for 12 years. Meaning that for 12 years, Naruto's regular chakra levels were slowly increasing.
iv) "Naruto's chakra", which is what Kakashi was referring to, is really a mixture of his regular chakra and some of Kurama's.

Sakura only needed Chiyo's help in dodging Sasori's attacks for the first bit of the fight. She learned how to predict his attacks and evade accordingly.

Not really. Hinata has no way to get past Sasori's armored puppet, and she does not have the reflexes, the agility, the intelligence & the observation that Sakura has.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 05:40 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

What feats for Sakura? I mean without help? They both have great chakra control and sakura's strength means jack when her chakra points are closed off.

Ino sucks. She always needs Shikamaru and Choji to be effective. The war hasn't disproved this. Oh, and wasn't she also amped up on Kurama juice to achieve this "faster than naruto" tech?

Her strength allows her to one shot Hinata. Her ability to later keep track of Sasori's puppets means she won't get hit by Hinata in return. Sakura has also incapacitated Sasori by being fast enough. Hinata on the other hand has no feats or very few(whatever she did against the Juubi being the few). The only thing that makes people think Hinata stands any chance at all is the Hyuga style of fighting being arguably better. Which is not a good argument if you compare, say, Sage Mode Naruto to Neji.

She has reacted to Asuma before in combat and possesed Choji's body before the former could kill him. These are better feats than anything Hinata sans Naruto power up has to her name.

Success!

Seriously though, Chiyo or Rukia?

Probably Rukia.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 09:17 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Also, Ino possessed two Zetsu at once.

Like, picture you're a squad of ninja, and Ino gets the drop on you. Suddenly two of your number are trying to kill the other two, and even if you find her body she can defend and still be on the offense.

Plus if she's paired with a Hyuga, she can do super-long-range possession.

---

Ironically, Naruto has a true secret hidden power which the presence of Kurama suppressed, and without Kurama he'd actually be ten times as strong as his hidden bloodline limit awakens! wink

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 05:52 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Q99
Also, Ino possessed two Zetsu at once.

Like, picture you're a squad of ninja, and Ino gets the drop on you. Suddenly two of your number are trying to kill the other two, and even if you find her body she can defend and still be on the offense.

Plus if she's paired with a Hyuga, she can do super-long-range possession.

---

Ironically, Naruto has a true secret hidden power which the presence of Kurama suppressed, and without Kurama he'd actually be ten times as strong as his hidden bloodline limit awakens! wink

As I recall, that was pretty close range and she was still being helped out by Shikamaru.

Ino getting the drop on anyone seems unlikely to me. But I guess this would be cool

Again, this requires pairing, which is why I don't think much of her solo. She is highly effective in a team setting, but I think she loses a lot of versatility solo. Same with Sakura. She's basically just a weaker Tsunade with less chakra I would assume. Hinata just seem to me to be the best of the three solo. She has better defense (almost no openings for sneak attacks) and better Tai jutsu (Sakura has much more strength, but she basically just throws haymakers)

Whaatt???? lol

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 11:28 PM
Q99

quote:

As I recall, that was pretty close range and she was still being helped out by Shikamaru.

Shikamaru protected her body while she did stuff, but it didn't require him. They weren't shadow-trapped Zetsu or anything.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 01:11 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Just one of Sakura's haymakers is all she'd need to floor Hinata and the latter has no feats suggesting she'd be able to dodge.

Of course Killermover already made the definitively Sakura vs Hinata thread where his bias became lol worthy.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 01:36 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Just one of Sakura's haymakers is all she'd need to floor Hinata and the latter has no feats suggesting she'd be able to dodge.

Of course Killermover already made the definitively Sakura vs Hinata thread where his bias became lol worthy.

There is really nothing suggesting that she wouldn't be able to dodge them either. Sakura is by no means fast. It it seems you sell Hinata short a bit. She did take more than a few licks from Nagato before she bought it. And the reverse is also true of Sakura. If Hinata hits one or more of the chakra points, Sakura's strength is gone. Just because we haven't seen much of Hinata doesn't mean she is automatically slower and weaker than everyone. We'll just agree to disagree I guess

Never read it. I remember you mentioning that that person thought Hinata was on par with Nagato or something.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 02:39 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Q99
Shikamaru protected her body while she did stuff, but it didn't require him. They weren't shadow-trapped Zetsu or anything.

That to me seems like a pretty important need. Wouldn't you agree? Besides, they're Zetsu. Who didn't look good against the white zetsu?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 02:41 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

There is really nothing suggesting that she wouldn't be able to dodge them either. Sakura is by no means fast. It it seems you sell Hinata short a bit. She did take more than a few licks from Nagato before she bought it. And the reverse is also true of Sakura. If Hinata hits one or more of the chakra points, Sakura's strength is gone. Just because we haven't seen much of Hinata doesn't mean she is automatically slower and weaker than everyone. We'll just agree to disagree I guess

Never read it. I remember you mentioning that that person thought Hinata was on par with Nagato or something.

Sakura has showings. Hinata doesn't. And no, she really didn't. Nagato one shot Hinata. Every opponent she has fought to any meaningful degree has been so far beyond her that they give no showings.

That to me seems like a pretty important need. Wouldn't you agree? Besides, they're Zetsu. Who didn't look good against the white zetsu?

Well Hinata for one. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 02:49 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Sakura has showings. Hinata doesn't. And no, she really didn't. Nagato one shot Hinata. Every opponent she has fought to any meaningful degree has been so far beyond her that they give no showings.

Well Hinata for one. stick out tongue

She's a main character. Of course she has showings. They weren't that impressive to me but oh well.

She bailed out Neji iirc. lol

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 02:57 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

She's a main character. Of course she has showings. They weren't that impressive to me but oh well.

She bailed out Neji iirc. lol

Whether they were impressive or not is irrelevant. The point is that they exist. Which cannot be said for Hinata.

She hit a distracted opponent. Coward.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 03:05 AM
Q99

It's important in a battlefield with a lot of foes. On a mission with just a few? Not so much!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 03:23 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Q99
It's important in a battlefield with a lot of foes. On a mission with just a few? Not so much!

What? confused If she's alone, even with only a few foes, taking the risk of missing and getting murdered is too high. Unless you assume the ninjas are just going to stand still while she does it.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 04:20 AM