KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Vikings (On Dat Der History Channel)

Vikings (On Dat Der History Channel)
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Holy crap, this show just moved up to be included in my Top 5. It takes a couple of episodes to get into it, as you get introduced to this world and the characters, but once it gets going - awesome fights, wicked characters, great scenery - I watched the first two seasons in two days and I want MORE!

was it really good? i dvr'd it but won't watch until tomorrow

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 11:54 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
was it really good? i dvr'd it but won't watch until tomorrow

Like I said, it took a couple of episodes, but once it takes off - hold on to your hat! In my opinion it is at least as good as Arrow or Gotham (maybe even better) especially if you can watch the whole season in one go. I loved it! Really interesting and strong characters with plausible flaws, good storylines and as much hardcore action as anyone could wish for. Plus lots of sex, and drugs, and torture, and betrayal, and revenge...

Let me know what you think, but give it at least four or five episodes before the action really starts. In the beginning it feels slow, but for me it was absolutely worth it.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 12:24 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Don't want to spoil it for anyone, but Ragnar kicks some major ass in this season's opening episode

Ragnar's ex wife, still hot

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 04:27 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Robtard
Don't want to spoil it for anyone, but Ragnar kicks some major ass in this season's opening episode

thanks rob

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 06:08 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Robtard

Right? Pretty good season opener.

I'm glad this show is still going.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 02:44 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I had my reservations of how much ass Ragnar would be kicking since he cut his hair, but it seems his ass-kickery ways only improved, also liked that he traded hand-axe and shield, for sword and long-knife.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 07:48 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

finally watched the season premiere last night.. i've been a fan of this show since the very first show.. i continue to enjoy it...

btw katherine winnick for Amora , the Enchantress

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 05:06 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
btw katherine winnick for Amora , the Enchantress

I dig it thumb up

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 11:09 PM
ares834

So seems they are full on adding the supernatural to this series.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 05:52 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

So far, they've been playing it pretty cool, sticking to prophecies and dreams, which I like. I don't want this to turn into a Game of Thrones clone. I like that everything so far could be explained by the simple phrase: Magic mushrooms! But the stigmata was a bit of a shock tonight. Guess we'll just have to see what happens next.

It's been a couple of days, so I hope I don't spoil it for somebody by talking about this week's episode. Just in case, here is a warning:

SPOILERS!

Favourite scenes:

-Rollo cutting that guy's leg off because he was tripping his balls off and the leg was lying wrong. I nearly fell off the couch, I was laughing so hard.
-Ragnar's smile crossing the river, surrounded by all the decapitated heads.
-That idiot who dreamed of Ragnar eating his liver and when he asked him why, Ragnar just smiled. Moron - what does he think is going to happen?

Can't wait for next week.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2015 01:47 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

So that blood sequence...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 05:27 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by ares834
So that blood sequence...

(please log in to view the image)

He he. Last week had the drugs scenes, looks like the focus is going to be on sex for a while. Based on the last couple of seasons, that will be followed by betrayal, then vengeance, slaughter and torture.

I hear that Katheryn Winnick (Lagertha) has (jokingly) offered to fight Katee Sackhoff for the role Carol Danvers. Based on what I've seen so far, my money is on Katheryn.

Looks like Ragnar is going to have quite a few fights waiting for him when he gets back to Norway, as well.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2015 12:21 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I've loved this show so far. Got hooked on season 1 and haven't looked back since. I am not sure about adding the supernatural elements to season 3, but I will wait and see how it goes before I make my judgment.

Favourite character is definitely Ragnar (I also liked Torstein). I have a love/hate relationship with Rollo and Floki. Both can act like utter wanksters in one instance, yet be the voices of reason and calm in the next.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2015 10:14 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ForumPoster81
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok

Old Post Mar 8th, 2015 11:09 AM
ForumPoster81 is currently offline Click here to Send ForumPoster81 a Private Message Find more posts by ForumPoster81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

I was hoping that we would see a battle between the Vikings and an unknown Saxon warlord wearing the Sutton Hoo helmet. Make it a big reveal and a large battle. I know it wont happen but it would be good.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 12:29 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Alrighty then... Well, okay, seems like everybody is betraying everybody. I knew there was going to be betrayal, just didn't expect it to be on this scale. I'm no psychic, but I see a lot of revenge before this season ends...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2015 11:33 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

"Vikings, the hugely successful History Channel production that is filmed in Ireland, has announced a casting call to find a minimum of 8,000 extras to work on its forthcoming season, which will be filmed here.

The Canadian/Irish production recently began its third season and will begin filming the fourth in Ireland in April. The producers have today announced they are looking for extras to take part, and the selection process will be held in Dublin, at the Film Base in Temple Bar, and at the Grand Hotel, Abbey St, in Wicklow."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 03:42 PM
ares834

F*** Floki.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 05:01 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

He was just doing the gods' will

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 05:36 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i haven't watched the show yet..

what happened with Floki?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 08:08 PM