KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Vikings (On Dat Der History Channel)

Vikings (On Dat Der History Channel)
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He killed Athelstan.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 08:20 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

You can't really blame Floki. I [SPOILER - highlight to read]: liked Athelstan as well as well, everybody did. But he was looking for trouble when he threw away the bracelet.

Moving on, I predict a lot of people dying in the next couple of episodes. I'm talking massacres. First rule of Viking club: Vikings are going to F@ck. You. Up.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 09:28 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Sure I can. Flocki has slowly become an unlikeable little ***** for awhile now.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 09:41 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I kinda like Floki. But then, I usually like the anti-heroes. If I had to blame anybody, it would be Ragnar. He promised he would protect him. He should have let him go. Based on the ending, I would say he knew what was going to happen and allowed it.

Between Ragnar and King Ecbert, I really don't know who is the more devious and manipulative at the moment.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 09:55 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Please it's spelled and pronounced "Applestand"

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 09:59 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sunset Phoenix
Daybreaker

I'm really liking Bjorn, hope he becomes King and does well next season.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 05:31 PM
Sunset Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Sunset Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Sunset Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Surprisingly good television. I just started season 2.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 01:42 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, it's enjoyable and has remained so up until the last season.

Looking forward to S4, though I do think it might start to slip in quality with how S3 ended.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 07:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

http://www.inquisitr.com/2288468/vi...bers-announced/

So the next season will be possibly twice as long. Not sure how I feel about them introducing a Chinese slave into the mix. Seems like a poor excuse to get some Asian fanservice in the show. An African or even Indian slave would make a lot more sense for the time period, seeing as at that point only a few Chinese people had made it past Persia, and they were mostly merchants and explorers, not women.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2015 01:20 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Finally got around to watching this show. It's better than I expected. Awesome battles.

Also going to miss Apple Stand. He, Ragnar, and Rollo are the best characters hands down.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 03:04 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Saw the first episode of the new season. Pretty good. Going to watch the second episode tonight.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 01:45 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Starting to feel for Floki. What he did was shitty, but he did what he thought was best for his BF.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 09:47 PM
ares834

Nah, I hope he suffers longer. Like Ragnar, I still think he did what he did out of jealousy and “the gods demanded it” was merely an excuse.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 10:20 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Floki comes off as a bit of a nutter/zealot, really do think he thought the gods' hands were in his actions, even if jealously was a factor.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2016 10:26 PM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Liked what they did with Floki's punishment. If they continue with the whole Norse mythology vibe, Floki getting free should be the catalyst for [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ragnar's death.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2016 11:26 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Finally got around to watching this show. It's better than I expected. Awesome battles.

Also going to miss Apple Stand. He, Ragnar, and Rollo are the best characters hands down.

I am a big fan of Lagertha too, but she hasn't featured much yet this season. "She began training in martial arts at age seven, and obtained her first black belt at 13. By age 21, she had started three martial arts schools."

Old Post Mar 4th, 2016 09:40 AM
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Starting to feel for Floki. What he did was shitty, but he did what he thought was best for his BF.
Floki did literally nothing wrong. Athelstan was a monster. His death was too quick. Though Floki's reasons, whatever they were, are definitely not why I would want him dead, I can't hate someone for killing a hypocritical beast in human skin.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2016 07:37 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, Bjorn certainly showed that bear not to come on his turf.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 02:11 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Damn. The way Vikings is building up there are going to be episodes with seas of blood coming up pretty soon.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2016 01:48 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I have this strong suspicion things are leading towards Ragnar's death.

One of the most common folk stories regarding Ragnar's demise involve King Aela throwing him into a pit of snakes. Now we have Bjorn going out and "finding himself" and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: killing bears, Viking berzerkers, claiming another guy's wife etc. and starting to come into his own.

And then we have the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: re-introduction of King Aela, where he re-affirms his vendetta against Ragnar. And we have Ragnar talking about being unable to see his own death, but then we see he has that room full of snakes he visits when he wants to be away from others.

But of course, that's just my speculation.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2016 04:19 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote