KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Vikings (On Dat Der History Channel)

Vikings (On Dat Der History Channel)
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Holy awesomeness, Batgirl, last week's episode was excellent. Slow start but two absolutely WTF moments that more than made up for it. And I'm now more in awe of Lagertha than ever before.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 04:53 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, she did tell Kalf that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: she would take back everything he stole from her when he wasn't expecting it, last season. So I kind of saw it coming at some point. And she was damn clever about it too. She waited until he had taken out all her enemies in a previous episode before making her move. And now Erlendur is in a pretty bad position, because his last real ally is dead and Bjorn is likely coming for him.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2016 12:05 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

My prediction is that in this season a lot of people are going to get [email protected]@@@@@@@@@@@@cked up.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2016 10:49 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Did this show legit show an out of body sex scene? Like, w-wha?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 05:42 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scythe
Did this show legit show an out of body sex scene? Like, w-wha?

I'm still not sure what exactly that was about. My best guess is that it was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Floki getting his first vision and seeing Aslaug's betrayal .

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 09:11 AM
Scythe
The Goat

So random and uneccessery, haha.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2016 01:09 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Latest episode was okay. I'm kind of getting tired of sick Ragnar. At this rate he'll probably keel over before he has a chance of getting thrown into the snake pit.

Also Auslaug has zero ability to carry a narrative thread. She was always a boring character, but she's gotten extra tedious now.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 04:43 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Latest episode was okay. I'm kind of getting tired of sick Ragnar. At this rate he'll probably keel over before he has a chance of getting thrown into the snake pit.

Also Auslaug has zero ability to carry a narrative thread. She was always a boring character, but she's gotten extra tedious now.
I skip all her scenes. smile

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 07:19 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Originally posted by Omega Vision

Yeah, he's getting pretty stupid and unlikeable, wish he'd grow his hair back and go back to being the interesting and likeable character he used to be.

Aslaug is a snore-fest, her current arch with Viking-stud is the worst part of the show.

On a positive note, Bjorn's getting better and better and Loki is consistently good.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 07:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Grand Moff

Rollo is the best part of the show right now. Though, that's not saying much.

--- You May Fire When Ready ---

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 07:32 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I've always found Aslaug highly unlikable. Always preferred Lagertha.

And Ragnar seems more crazy than sick nowadays. But that is likely because that Chinese cow seemingly turned him into an opium fiend, and now he hits massive withdrawal when he doesn't get his fix.

It is good to see Bjorn coming into his own though. Also happy that Floki is no longer the outcast, now that people have moved on from the Holy Apple stand's death.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 02:00 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by ares834
Rollo is the best part of the show right now. Though, that's not saying much.
I'd say it's Bjorn.

He's starting to become a greater viking than Ragnar like that freakshow foresaw.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 02:50 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Last ep was pretty great.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2016 06:47 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The last episode was great, and I am really amped to see how things go during the second half. The whole [SPOILER - highlight to read]: jumping a few years in the time line is also quite convenient, so that we skip the rest of Ragnar's rehab/recovery. Like others, I was getting bored with that whole plot point by now.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2016 05:28 PM
Mindset

It's weird how Bjorn's younger brother looks older than him lol

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2016 11:09 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

He has the Benjamin Button disease, have a little compassion in your hear

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2016 11:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I got rid of my compassion years ago.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2016 02:46 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Some news on episode 11 and when the show might be returning:

http://cartermatt.com/203654/viking...te-speculation/

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 02:11 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The time jump was interesting. Similar technique was used in Banshee to move the plot forward. While I think it can be overused, it does add a bit of energy and mystery to a series.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 03:46 AM
ares834
Grand Moff

Finally, a great episode. The Ragnar/Rollo fight was great. And yes, Rollo was a badass loved his speech. I'm thinking that this was the character's exit and it was a damn good one.

Also, the time skip has me intrigued. Though, I feel the episode should have ended with the Bjorn and Floki scene.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Some news on episode 11 and when the show might be returning:

http://cartermatt.com/203654/viking...te-speculation/

Oh, thought this was the season finale... Nice!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2016 05:04 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote