KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Vikings (On Dat Der History Channel)

Vikings (On Dat Der History Channel)
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Got around to finishing season 4. It was good, but a noticable step down from season 3, which was a step down from season 2. Still fun though.

I'm glad we're getting Ragnars sons all grown up. Ivar is already an awesome character with the little screen time he had as a kid and grown. He comes off as a bit of a sociopath and sadist, so I'm excited to see more of him.

Didn't like Ragnar much this season. The dude was a shadow of his former self, which I guess is to be expected since he's in his upper 40s (lower 50s after the time skip) and addicted to some drug thanks to the Chinese chick (who I'm glad got killed off, boring character).

Auslaug was pretty boring since we had to deal with more of her shenanigans with "Odin" this season.. She was better towards the end though. I loled at her joking about Siggys death with Ivar and ruling the Vikings in a carefree manner (she laughed at the colony in Wessex being wiped out and the fact that Ragnar kept it a secret for personal gain). I'm seeing shades of Cersie in her now.

Now that Rollo is gone (easily my favorite character, and I'm glad he got such an awesome send off) Bjorn is now my top character. I like who he's grown into. I'd still watch the show if it centered on him from now on. I cant wait for Ragnars sons to be the focus. We have some epic stuff ahead of us brahs

PWNT

Old Post Aug 10th, 2016 04:02 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Second half of Season 4 already aired?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 10th, 2016 05:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Second half of Season 4 already aired?
No, my bad, I meant the midseason finale. I'm not used to this show pulling a walking dead

PWNT

Old Post Aug 10th, 2016 05:36 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

They're back.

(please log in to view the image)

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 12:43 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

doped out ragnar was hard to watch

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 01:56 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Pretty interesting start, wanna see where this goes.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 02:27 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Ivar is one creepy bastard. He has this glassy, psychotic look in his eyes, when he stares at something intensely.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 03:44 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

From what I've read, Ragnar's sons became legends nearly as famous as Ragnar himself. I think the focus will slowly move to the next generation to see how they start building their own legends.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 04:29 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, historically speaking, Ivar and Bjorn appear to be the two most well-known of Ragnar's apparent sons. I say 'apparent', because Ragnar himself is a figure of much obscurity. Hell, some people question whether he ever really existed, or whether he was simply a legend, crafted from the tales of other Viking rulers.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 05:00 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

show was pretty good last night.. be interesting to see how everything plays out

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 07:43 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Gotta wonder how Ragnar and Ivar will get out of that predicament at the end of the last episode. They have to though. At least if this show plans on following what we know of their actual history.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2016 05:55 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeit.

2016 really is a ***** of a year.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 07:54 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Ragnar S1 and S4

https://s23.postimg.org/5y1ayjrx7/rags12.jpg

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 09:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I haven't watched the ep yet, but is it good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 10:57 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I haven't watched the ep yet, but is it good

Great episode, just... Well, let me rather say nothing.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 11:58 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Robtard
Ragnar S1 and S4

https://s23.postimg.org/5y1ayjrx7/rags12.jpg

Yeah, the make-up people on that show did a pretty great job. Travis Fimmel is 37, but he looks old as f*** in season 4.

As to the last episode, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: we all knew it was coming. Well, anyone who was aware of the history at least. Was still a very sad moment. Also, if the historical tales and sagas are anything to go by, Ivar does not listen to Ragnar, and Ælla is firmly in his cross-hairs after the events we just witnessed in the show.

I am curious to see who the man on the boat was. One possible identity is Odin/Harbard again. From Norse mythology, Odin was known to be a shapeshifter, who disguised himself while he wandered the human world, and at one point sacrificed one of his eyes for wisdom (we see that this person is missing an eye). Though this is just speculation on my part.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 02:01 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

is this show supernatural in nature?

also, how good is this show? is it like GoT quality?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 02:21 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

@ TheVaultDweller

Yeah, I knew it was coming but I was hoping it wouldn't be until later. My sister got me into it because she is fascinated by vikings and their history, so fortunately I didn't know too many specifics and now I try to avoid reading about what happened until after they show it in the series, to try and avoid spoiling it for myself.

@ marwash22

They imply supernatural, by talking about Odin and Thor and visions, etc, but mostly try to stay historically pretty accurate to the legends. So, for instance, most of the visions can be ascribed to the mushrooms they take in their rituals.

Can't really compare it to GoT because I don't watch it, but it's violent, brutal, definitely for mature audiences only and best of all based on people who literally became legends in their own time and are still famous more than a thousand years later because of their deeds and adventures.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 04:14 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

i referenced GoT only in terms of production value and acting. How is the show compared to an HBO or AMC type series?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 04:21 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by marwash22
i referenced GoT only in terms of production value and acting. How is the show compared to an HBO or AMC type series?

You'll have to make up your own mind about that. Obviously, I'm a huge fan so I am always going to recommend it. If it helps, it's rated higher than Banshee and watched by more people.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 04:35 AM