KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Hannibal

Hannibal
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Jeez, couldn't they f*cking wait until the next season to reveal that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Freddie was still alive? Like they did with Giddeon.

It's almost as if the scenes in the previous episode meant nothing ultimately.

Old Post May 10th, 2014 12:47 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Lackluster finale.

Old Post May 25th, 2014 03:56 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Badass finale.

Old Post May 25th, 2014 03:59 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

^False. It was almost too predictable. Though I am surprised that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Hannibal's hot psychiatrist was in on his plan all along.

Old Post May 25th, 2014 04:04 PM
Arachnid1

I started watching this recently. Great show! I'm halfway through season 2.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 04:26 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

it really is great. Season 2 gave me high hopes.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 09:36 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

The trailer for the third season looks promising.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 04:37 PM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I thought that the finale was pretty great! I just saw the trailer for the third season too. It looks like it completely leaves behind any of the familiarities of previous seasons. Looks like it's just Will pursuing Hannibal in France by himself. I'm optimistic.

It would be cool if we could get a Norman Bates crossover.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 25th, 2015 01:23 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

awwwww, man. Red Dragon is upon us.

so goddamn pissed this is cancelled.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2015 08:10 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shinobi Popcorn

I bought the season pass but haven't had any time to watch past the first episode. It's on my vacation list.

I really liked season 2, except for Not-Clarice. She served her purpose as Jack's guilt trip, but she had too many of Clarice's lines.

But I've never harmed an onion, so why do they make me cry?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2015 03:15 AM
Shinobi Popcorn is currently offline Click here to Send Shinobi Popcorn a Private Message Find more posts by Shinobi Popcorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

This show is amazing. I'm on episode 4 of the first season.

It is not the same but I think if you like Dexter, you'll also like this show. It's darker and not as "fun" as Dexter.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 04:28 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
This show is amazing. I'm on episode 4 of the first season.

It is not the same but I think if you like Dexter, you'll also like this show. It's darker and not as "fun" as Dexter.
If you think season 1 is amazing, wait till season 2. It blows the first season out of the water like you wouldn't believe. One of the only seasons of any show with 100% ratings on RT. You're in for a treat.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 05:20 PM
Quincy
Debaser

THIS SHOW IS TERRIFIC

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 05:20 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I feel like this thread teaches us a good lesson about thread naming.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 07:19 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Arachnid1
If you think season 1 is amazing, wait till season 2. It blows the first season out of the water like you wouldn't believe. One of the only seasons of any show with 100% ratings on RT. You're in for a treat.

That's setting the bar rather high. Some of the very best moments in anything ever filmed, imo, were had in this show. When he re-enacts the scenes of murder and totally immerses himself, it is almost jaw-dropping. Especially because he's such a damn good actor. I wonder how many takes it takes for them to get him to act like that?

So, yeah, looking forward to watching more. Hannibal's character is very...how should I say? He's disgusting, obviously. But I like him. He's terrific!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 07:56 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Bardock42
I feel like this thread teaches us a good lesson about thread naming.

Ha.

Mistakes were made. But lessons were probably not learned.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 07:56 PM
Quincy
Debaser

The show is gross but I couldn't stop watching

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 08:02 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by dadudemon
That's setting the bar rather high. Some of the very best moments in anything ever filmed, imo, were had in this show. When he re-enacts the scenes of murder and totally immerses himself, it is almost jaw-dropping. Especially because he's such a damn good actor. I wonder how many takes it takes for them to get him to act like that?

So, yeah, looking forward to watching more. Hannibal's character is very...how should I say? He's disgusting, obviously. But I like him. He's terrific!
If you haven't seen S2, you're in for a treat.

S3 isn't as good, but I'm still liking it.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 07:03 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Just finished season 3

Originally posted by Mindset

S3 isn't as good, but I'm still liking it.
I don't know how far you were when you posted that, but I disagree. It was somehow even better than the second season.

Fking love Mason Verger. Dude was by far my favorite psycho on this show. It was surprising they killed him off and finished him halfway through the season and started a new threat 3 years later. It felt like we got two seasons in one, which I'm thankful for since this show wont continue.

The Red Dragon was cool, but not as great as Verger. Still, everything with Dr. Chilton was some next level chit for this show. I like the guy, so I'm kind of sad it happened to him and not Dr. Bloom. The ending with both Will and Hannibal finally together and feeding on Bedelia was kind of depressing. I never liked her, but I'm disappointed that Will ended up embracing his murderous side. Looks like Freddie was right about him.

Great season, and easily the best this show had. Too bad it won't continue.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 28th, 2016 01:23 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

I finally caught up with this show on Netflix. I read the books and saw all the movies back in the day, and this was a really cool modern remix of the elements, right down to when certain plot twists happen and who said what line. The gore level was equally impressive, as this was broadcast on NBC and not cable (it was like a cable/streaming show that somehow got onto a regular network.) Mads Mikkelsen manages to be Lecter without doing an imitation of Anthony Hopkins or Brian Cox & puts his own stamp on the character, while Hugh Dancy was the most tortured version of Will Graham yet.

That said, the third and final season left me with mixed feelings. Maybe getting told about the cancellation changed their plans, but it felt like two seasons crammed into one. The Tooth Fairy should have had an entire season to himself, as this was the case that finally retired Graham for good. But they did the end on an appropriate note, and was glad they didn't go beyond what we saw in those closing moments (I don't think I could have suspended my disbelief for one more season.)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 01:43 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote