KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.

Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.
Started by: starryknight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

So, I had to catch up with some episodes I missed, and all I have to say is:
Wow... There's a lot of themes being dealt with in this season; more than the previous seasons.
Dementia, puberty, obsession, rejection, greed, death, love, and redemption...

Some episodes (ie. The Suitor, I Remember You, The Vault) had some really serious overtones to it, an almost "in your face" approach of conveying the message to the adult viewers.
It got me thinking about some aspects about life, even though I know it's just a cartoon lol.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Sep 26th, 2013 at 06:01 PM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2013 05:56 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I also totally called Doug Walker having no clue how to talk about Adventure Time! His complete befuddlement was quite amusing.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2013 02:28 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

To be honest I'm not actually sure why Doug is so confused. Its crazy nonsense wackiness bro, stop thinking about it so much.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2013 01:18 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
To be honest I'm not actually sure why Doug is so confused. Its crazy nonsense wackiness bro, stop thinking about it so much.

Who's Doug Walker?

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Oct 6th, 2013 01:54 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

The nostalgia critic

Old Post Oct 6th, 2013 01:55 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Doug needs to step back and remember that this is a children's cartoon, and that children can follow the plot just fine. If a kid can figure out that Jake is a magic dog, why can't he? He's going about this all wrong, being intentionally combative and attempting to "figure out" a show that doesn't need to be figured out. He's going to end up dropping the show before the story starts to pick up and continuity becomes heavier.

And he needs to review these in half-hours. As it was. As it was meant to be. Cartoon Network may have decided to split up episodes, but by both production and historical precedence, there should be two "episodes" per episode. Two eleven minute segments per episode.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2013 05:21 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Doug wants to "figure out" the show so that he can find something to talk about in his vlogs.

But if he dropped the show I would legit lol.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2013 12:49 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah and all he ends up doing is talk about how he can't understand it or find anything to talk about. This guy is able to talk about the episodes just fine just by rattling off the plot and giving some thoughts on things like funny jokes and characters. He embraces the zaniness rather than try to fight it.

Last edited by Nephthys on Oct 8th, 2013 at 01:15 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2013 01:12 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

The latest one was much better since Doug found a guy to go back and forth with.

Really people should just spoil a few things about the plot to Doug so he can see that things do indeed come back. But I don't think everything was planned from the beginning obviously.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2013 10:09 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

"Peeps will never starve in my eternal empire!" *golf claps*

Old Post Oct 17th, 2013 09:17 PM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Finn and Jake sure are a pair, both being colorblind and all.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 20th, 2013 07:24 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Huh?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2013 04:06 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Finn Was *Always* an arsehole.

Holy crap, mind = blown.

Also we have an age for PB now. Her backstory was revealed in the recent game. So yeah...

MIND = BLOWN!

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 03:29 AM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 03:18 AM
cdtm

Holy crap, mind = blown.

Also we have an age for PB now. Her backstory was revealed in the recent game. So yeah...

MIND = BLOWN!

Well, considering his best friend is an anthropomorphized Bender.. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 05:13 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Holy crap, mind = blown.

MIND = BLOWN!

With all the Dungeons & Dragons call outs, is this really surprising? Finn is the stereotypical PC Adventurer.

Last edited by XanatosForever on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 07:19 AM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 07:14 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah, its just cool seeing it all together like this. Finn does some questionable stuff, but it didn't sink in until I saw that.

Anyway, I thought you guys would be more excited about Bubblegums age and origin being revealed. Has anyone else seen it?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 02:05 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

It's not much of one, but in Finn's defense. He is one of like 3-4 known humans left in existence. He was raised by talking dogs(one of whom was pretty hard on him(Joshua) ), and he is constantly surrounded by monsters and creatures. He's bound to have some serious problems just as a product of his environment.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 02:06 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Wow that episode was dark. Princess Bubblegum is the embodiment of Utilitarianism. I love these episodes where the cartoon princess of a kingdom made out of candy has to make uncomfortable ethical decisions. The thing is that she makes a ton of ****ed-up, morally iffy choices but I'd never say she's actually wrong.

I think we're setting up a lot of plot threads for something major on the horizon. PB is talking about expanding her "Eternal Empire" and has recently come into the Spoon of Prosperity and her old amulet, two very powerful artifacts. Magga the Skywitch is definitely planning something. The Lich is a loose cannon at the moment. The Lemon Erldom is becoming a tyrannical wasteland. The Slime Kingdom is getting militant. The Fire Kingdom is now ruled by a potentially unstable Fire Princess. And these goo monsters are now on the loose.

People are suggesting a war arc is coming. It seemed far-fetched a while ago......

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 07:29 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

On a more shallow tangent, it was interesting to hear Brak again.

At least, James sounded like Brak to me.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 09:03 PM
amiejacobs

I'm still starting to appreciate this cartoon. I think jake is a really interesting character.

no download

Old Post Dec 24th, 2013 06:35 AM
amiejacobs is currently offline Click here to Send amiejacobs a Private Message Find more posts by amiejacobs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote