KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » What's so BAD about Superman Returns!?

What's so BAD about Superman Returns!?
Started by: Dolos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zeel

Superman returns was a good movie. Unfortunatly it was 15 years to late. Returns was a almost identical remake of the 1978 superman movie with Christopher reeves. Returns lacked a real villan and physical action, no one to challenge superman.

Lex is just retarded and has been overplayed.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2013 10:44 PM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SMIFF-N-WESSON

Miffed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zeel
Superman returns was a good movie. Unfortunatly it was 15 years to late. Returns was a almost identical remake of the 1978 superman movie with Christopher reeves. Returns lacked a real villan and physical action, no one to challenge superman.

There was good about that movie. nothing at all. what it lacked was a real director and a real story.

Plot: get back your old girlfriend whose married with your son.
climax: lifting an isle of Kryptanite.
fights: lost miserably.

what is to like about Returns?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2013 03:29 AM
SMIFF-N-WESSON is currently offline Click here to Send SMIFF-N-WESSON a Private Message Find more posts by SMIFF-N-WESSON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Just saw the airplane scene from Superman Returns. Say what you will about the movie, that scene is still one of the best goddamn moments in all of Superman filmdom.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2013 05:17 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Mindship
Just saw the airplane scene from Superman Returns. Say what you will about the movie, that scene is still one of the best goddamn moments in all of Superman filmdom.

It was a good scene but I wouldn't go that far. It was the highlight of that shitty movie though.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2013 04:10 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
It was the highlight of that shitty movie though.
Indeed. I also like the gatling gun scene. I have both timed so that when I see Superman Returns in the program guide, I know exactly when to tune in just to see those parts.

The reason I am so enamored with the plane scene is because it's the first time movie goers (certainly myself) are seeing Superman portrayed in the way "he should have been" in the Reeve movies, had they the tech back then. It just gives me da chills.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2013 06:16 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

the plane scene was definitely a silver lining in that movie, if not the silver lining..

Old Post Aug 1st, 2013 08:02 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jim Colyer
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's nothing memorable about Superman Returns.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2013 02:18 PM
Jim Colyer is currently offline Click here to Send Jim Colyer a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Colyer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

It was dry as sand.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2013 03:16 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by Jim Colyer
There's nothing memorable about Superman Returns.

Pretty much this.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Aug 13th, 2013 09:44 PM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeeshanaayan07

Most Welcome my friend

Old Post Aug 24th, 2013 11:43 AM
zeeshanaayan07 is currently offline Click here to Send zeeshanaayan07 a Private Message Find more posts by zeeshanaayan07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChloePat

I'll say this for it, Brandon Routh was a great Superman, just in a boring movie.

Accurate tagline: 'Superman lifts a series of increasingly heavy objects: the Movie'

quote:

I don't know if I'd say that. When Lex is written well, he's one of the most fascinating villains in comics. That scene in All-Star Superman where Superman challenges Lex to do all the things he says he could have done if Supes hadn't been there is a great example of that.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 03:14 PM
ChloePat is currently offline Click here to Send ChloePat a Private Message Find more posts by ChloePat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by the ninjak
It was boring. The only (action wise) scenes we got where the crims with the chaingun and him saving the plane.

The introduction of the son was old fashioned and tacky. Like the Mummy II or Indy 4.

And the old fashioned Lex Luthor and bimbo sidekick antics were unnecessary.
Bryan Singer was a wreck on set and tried too hard to slightly modernize the Reeves version of Superman movies.

But Superman Returns was supposed to be Supes returning from space after many years and marveling us with his abilities against opponents that would create a great spectacle. A movie that would evolve the series and make audiences look in wonder at the screen the same way the movies did in the 80's. The beginning of the film quotes Superman as being "Earth's greatest protector", this meant Supes had been fighting many threats throughout the years.

This film was meant to be a restart and all it did was sing the same old song.

Most people here a comic fans. And I would be shocked...if any DC comic fan said Superman Returns was a good movie.

I'm a DC comics fan and a BIG-TIME Superman fan and I loved the movie. smile

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 04:35 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by nimbus006
Really? Have you seen it recently? lol

To each his own, I guess. stick out tongue

It's my favorite as well. It certainly beats MOS.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 04:41 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote