KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Thor vs S2 Goku

Thor vs S2 Goku
Started by: TheHulk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Thor. Mjolnir's the perfect counter for DBZ characters.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 12:49 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor. Mjolnir's the perfect counter for DBZ characters.
True...lol can we say the same for Stormbreaker?

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 03:38 PM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luffygear4

THOR right? ssj2 is impressive, i mean earthbusting impressive, but THOR isnt limited to his current state while goku is to ssj2... i give it to THOR.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 06:20 PM
Luffygear4 is currently offline Click here to Send Luffygear4 a Private Message Find more posts by Luffygear4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Damborgson
Goku wouldn't even be able to keep his super saiyan aura on. Thor would drain him dry.

Goku would probably run circles around him in combat speed, but Thor's taken hits from a lot stronger punchers than Goku. Goku on the other hand, has not taken Mjolnir. Or Thor's lightning.

This isn't a CISless battle...Thor isn't draining anyone here. Lol...Thor isn't withstanding Goku blitzing the hell out of him with class 100 punches. Thor isn't hitting Goku, Thor isn't blasting Goku. Thor is wide open to any attack Goku wants to hit Thor with. You all are not getting it...

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 07:33 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by BloodRain
Hulks got a point, using 'averages' dramatically lowers DB.

-Best destruction feats come from a few (only 2 shown, more implied) planet busting ones. Average strong ki doesn't do this much damage.
-Durability comes from Freeza surviving the planet exploding, and characters taking those ki blasts. Average has them falling to (at most) Town level physical punches, plus using the average ki blast.
-Speed feats only come from Snake way and Gotenks' two feats, and scaling from those 3. Average speed feats are not at these Massively Hypersonic levels, like Freeza taking a while to fly a few km.

Even though the average showings from DB has them far from Planetary or MHS, we still all agree they are because they have shown to be able to do so.

There you go lowballing again.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 07:44 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by carver9
This isn't a CISless battle...Thor isn't draining anyone here. Lol...Thor isn't withstanding Goku blitzing the hell out of him with class 100 punches. Thor isn't hitting Goku, Thor isn't blasting Goku. Thor is wide open to any attack Goku wants to hit Thor with. You all are not getting it...

Thor has never fought so fast that "regular eyes" would be unable to follow the movements. Thor simply is not fast enough to keep up with Goku, base-level.

And before the comic book butthurt starts pouring in because Thor can keep up with and tag speedsters: that's hyperbolic writing that I reject and throw out. Bad writing on Thor's character.

Threads like these should not be made. 616 Thor is not the same even within 616. It varies from author to author. So, for threads like these, I would prefer someone name a specific iteration of Thor and the clust**** of variation from the entirety of 616.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 08:14 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Something Thor has repeatedly done throughout his history isn't CIS off mode bro. We're talking draining, not soul sucking.

Thor's taken repeated beatings from the Hulk and gotten up asking for more. Goku can't keep up with that physically.

Of course Thor will hit Goku. Just like he's hit Surfer, Hpyerion, Gladiator, Quicksilver, and the many other speedsters he's fought.

Just saying "no he won't" isn't an argument.
Originally posted by dadudemon

And before the comic book butthurt starts pouring in because Thor can keep up with and tag speedsters: that's hyperbolic writing that I reject and throw out. Bad writing on Thor's character.

What you choose to accept hardly matter. Thor's got a history of keeping up with speed. He's had a hard time with the little guys from time to time, but has had just as many more more good showings against the big boys. If you're going to pick and choose what to accept and reject, It'll be easy enough to reject Goku's speed period. It's bad writing on his character.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Last edited by Damborgson on Apr 4th, 2013 at 08:33 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 08:30 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

So we're meeting again for the first time

Thor is able to react to anything Goku has, and due to his physical strength being massively above anyone in DB, getting tagged would end it for him. Thor has the power to one-shot Goku, can also survive his strongest attacks.

Thats if it finds him worthy.

If anyone could lift it besides Thor, it would be Goku

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 09:10 PM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by psycho gundam on Apr 4th, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 10:13 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

What you choose to accept hardly matter.

Wrong: It matters directly if I create a thread with Thor in it. If I stipulate that we use Thor from Straczynski's writings, we use that Thor. Because Thor's powerset is varied stupidly from author to author (because they decide, pretty much, what goes and what does not), I reject the use of the entire 616 Thor (and many other characters) because it's too dumb.

Because the OP did not specify, any poster can pick and choose which iteration, of the dozens of Thors out there in 616, to use in this thread. You can chose one that reacts well to speed blitzers. You can chose one that doesn't. You can chose one where he is amped to the max by Megingjörð or one where he is not.

In order for this thread to make any sense, you'd have to choose which version of Thor is fighting which version of Goku. SSJ2 Goku is not enough. It needs to be "Buu Saga SSJ 2 Goku" or something.

If you're going to pick and choose what to accept and reject, It'll be easy enough to reject Goku's speed period. It's bad writing on his character.

Incorrect: that's just what comic book fanboys would want to say. It is much easier to discuss Manga characters than comic characters because you usually get the same writer and usually great consistency with the characters. Not so with most major comic book characters. Even with in the same volumes, you can have up to a dozen or more writers in comic books. And don't get bent out of shape, like I know you will, because you think my argument is "manga>comic books". That's not my point.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 10:56 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

It's sad when Thor say Wolverine is too fast for him. The only way he is hitting Goku is if Goku allowed it. Thor had never fought anyone that fight in the fighting fashion Goku does. Saying he fought Surfer and Gladiator is all nice and dandy but he would get blitzed just like Surfer and Gladiator would if thety fought Goku.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 11:18 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Wrong:

Incorrect:

You're adorable. laughing out loud

You're also both of those though. thumb up

It matters directly if I create a thread with Thor in it. If I stipulate that we use Thor from Straczynski's writings, we use that Thor. Because Thor's powerset is varied stupidly from author to author (because they decide, pretty much, what goes and what does not), I reject the use of the entire 616 Thor (and many other characters) because it's too dumb.

That is a horrifically flawed way of thinking. Throughout Thor's history, he's had his highs and lows of course. He's also had his averages. Which is what is used in forum fights to make things fair. Thor isn't like a manga character who has one really long story where powerlevels flux immensely. He'll have his low, his high, and his average. All of which are taken into consideration and an average is figured. It's why Thor is a high herald and not an abstract. He's certainly hurt enough of the big boys to justify it. But only a fool would call him one. erm

Because the OP did not specify, any poster can pick and choose which iteration, of the dozens of Thors out there in 616, to use in this thread. You can chose one that reacts well to speed blitzers. You can chose one that doesn't. You can chose one where he is amped to the max by Megingjörð or one where he is not.

No they can't lol. They'd be retarded if they did that. "Thor" with no elaboration, suggests standard Thor. Why the hell would you think any other way? The thread starter isn't saying" Goku vs Thor*

*Possibly King Thor, Rune King Thor, Mortal Thor, B&T Thor, Old King Thor, Teen Thor, etc."

laughing out loud

Thor is Thor. With his bad speed showing and his good ones. You can lowball if you'd like and someone else will highball him. Averages however are the way to go. If you don't read enough of him to know what average, it's not my problem.

that's just what comic book fanboys would want to say. It is much easier to discuss Manga characters than comic characters because you usually get the same writer and usually great consistency with the characters. Not so with most major comic book characters. Even with in the same volumes, you can have up to a dozen or more writers in comic books. And don't get bent out of shape, like I know you will, because you think my argument is "manga>comic books". That's not my point.

You're inability to discuss more complicated character with non-bullet train histories doesn't have anything to do with what comic fanboys would say. If that's not what you're trying to say, it's what you're suggesting.

You don't know a thing. laughing out loud Much less what gets me bent out of shape.

You think (and I can understand your logic to a point) that Thor needs to be specified with different writers. Such as a JMS Thor right? In that case, it would work because JMS Thor is typically considered OF Thor. But if you're seriously trying to say that every varying interpretation of Thor, or a Thor written by a different writer needs to be specified that way like "Jurgens Thor" or "Fraction Thor" "AvX Thor" or some such, you need some help there. Thor throughout his history has had his different incarnations of course, but those are specified. And VIA Forum rules unless also specified, a character goes in with his standard gear. So you thinking simply saying "Thor" means he has an entire arsenal of his weapons throughout time at his disposal, is flawed thinking.

"Thor" means standard, high herald, Mjolnir wielding Thor. It's really not complicated unless you try to make it complicated like you seem to be doing. In Goku's case, had it just said "Goku" I'd have assumed he'd get everything he usually has. SSJ3 capabilities, maybe some senzu, things like that.

So, yeah. What you choose to accept hardly matters. smile

Imagine if I did that. "No. Goku can't blow up planets. It hurts his character and creates too many inconsistencies." Wow that was easy.

It's sad when Thor say Wolverine is too fast for him. The only way he is hitting Goku is if Goku allowed it. Thor had never fought anyone that fight in the fighting fashion Goku does. Saying he fought Surfer and Gladiator is all nice and dandy but he would get blitzed just like Surfer and Gladiator would if thety fought Goku.

The only sad thing here is you. Obvious lowballing is obvious. Did you know a python is all it takes to beat the Hulk?

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 01:11 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

There you go lowballing again.

That was the point.

If a bunch of high-end or even high-average feats from Thor are to be flat out ignored, why not do the same to DB?

" Even though the average showings from DB has them far from Planetary or MHS, we still all agree they are because they have shown to be able to do so."

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 02:00 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

That was the point.

If a bunch of high-end or even high-average feats from Thor are to be flat out ignored, why not do the same to DB?

" Even though the average showings from DB has them far from Planetary or MHS, we still all agree they are because they have shown to be able to do so."

The crazy thing about your posts are, you keep basing things off of collateral damage, it doesn't work like that and anyone who knows anything about DBZ knows this. Sad thing, you all entire argument is based entirely off of collateral damage. Is this an anime thing? Is this how you all debate. You might as well say Frieza>>>Cell or Nappa>>>>>Tien. It's a terrible way to debate and on AVERAGE, Goku is above planetary and collateral damage doesn't change this.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 03:53 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

SSJ God Mode ftw!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 04:30 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by psycho gundam

Goodbye, ki.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 04:44 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

That is a horrifically flawed way of thinking. Throughout Thor's history, he's had his highs and lows of course.

Alright, you've admitted that I am right. That's as much as any reasonable person could hope for in a comic book fanboy. You've satisfied my interest this discussion, already.

Which is what is used in forum fights to make things fair.

I've been around this forums for years: that's not what people use in vs. debates regarding Thor. Nice try, but you won't be able to use that. I know how it works.

Thor isn't like a manga character who has one really long story where powerlevels flux immensely. He'll have his low, his high, and his average. All of which are taken into consideration and an average is figured. It's why Thor is a high herald and not an abstract. He's certainly hurt enough of the big boys to justify it. But only a fool would call him one. erm

Wrong: people use his high-end feats in vs. discussions in the comic book vs. forum. They don't try to approach it with an "average" either. And since Thor has some absurd outliers (both low and high), an average is not appropriate. An average that does not include at least 5 high and low extremes would be more appropriate. If we were to use that, the top 5 high end and low end feats are thrown out. Then you're left with a plethora if low end feats (because there are quite a few of this) and the high end feats being thrown out. We have a Thor that is not nearly as strong as most retards debate him as.

No they can't lol. They'd be retarded if they did that. "Thor" with no elaboration, suggests standard Thor. Why the hell would you think any other way? The thread starter isn't saying" Goku vs Thor*

*Possibly King Thor, Rune King Thor, Mortal Thor, B&T Thor, Old King Thor, Teen Thor, etc."

laughing out loud

Thor is Thor. With his bad speed showing and his good ones. You can lowball if you'd like and someone else will highball him. Averages however are the way to go. If you don't read enough of him to know what average, it's not my problem.

Wrong. If you believe as such, you're obviously ignorant of how varied Thor actually is (and your post indicates you are not which means you're just trolling). Thor is so varied it's stupid. As specific version of Thor needs to be specified because "Thor is not Thor."

You're inability to discuss more complicated character with non-bullet train histories doesn't have anything to do with what comic fanboys would say. If that's not what you're trying to say, it's what you're suggesting.

"Inability?"

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Your intellectual limitations are the only inability in this discussion. You literally do not get it. Not all iterations of Thor are the same.

You don't know a thing. laughing out loud Much less what gets me bent out of shape.

Says the guy that admitted I was right.

remember this:

"King Thor, Rune King Thor, Mortal Thor, B&T Thor, Old King Thor, Teen Thor, etc."

hahahahahahaha

You think (and I can understand your logic to a point) that Thor needs to be specified with different writers. Such as a JMS Thor right? In that case, it would work because JMS Thor is typically considered OF Thor. But if you're seriously trying to say that every varying interpretation of Thor, or a Thor written by a different writer needs to be specified that way like "Jurgens Thor" or "Fraction Thor" "AvX Thor" or some such, you need some help there. Thor throughout his history has had his different incarnations of course, but those are specified. And VIA Forum rules unless also specified, a character goes in with his standard gear. So you thinking simply saying "Thor" means he has an entire arsenal of his weapons throughout time at his disposal, is flawed thinking.

If I intended that to be what I meant, then I would have stated that. Sure, many writes have different versions of Thor, but not all writers have different versions of Thor. Some are similar. It is when we have stupid version of Thor getting pwned by low-end contenders that we should throw that shit out. Also, the absurdly high end bull-shit should be thrown out, too. lol at your reply, here.

"Thor" means standard, high herald, Mjolnir wielding Thor. It's really not complicated unless you try to make it complicated like you seem to be doing. In Goku's case, had it just said "Goku" I'd have assumed he'd get everything he usually has. SSJ3 capabilities, maybe some senzu, things like that.

Wrong: Goku, in SSJ2, can be hugely varied. Thor is MUCH worse than that. At least, with Goku, you can specify which chronological arc and it scales: not so with Thor because Thor is all over the place. You have to be very very specific with Thor.

So, yeah. What you choose to accept hardly matters. smile

Wrong: what you choose to acknowledge hardly matters since I'm inexorbly correct and you woefully ignorant. Wallow in your ignorance all you want: I'm still right.

Imagine if I did that. "No. Goku can't blow up planets. It hurts his character and creates too many inconsistencies." Wow that was easy.

That'd obviously be incorrect, thought. That's what you don't get: planet busting was an early established feat for beginning DBZ characters. That's the problem with your logic and why it fails.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 05:36 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Alright, you've admitted that I am right. That's as much as any reasonable person could hope for in a comic book fanboy. You've satisfied my interest this discussion, already.

Ok lol? taking my statement out of context satisfies you? Cool. Feel free to get lost if you're so satisfied stick out tongue But you won't. Because you're not.

I've been around this forums for years: that's not what people use in vs. debates regarding Thor. Nice try, but you won't be able to use that. I know how it works.

yeah...obviously you don't. I'd love for you to go and use that in the VS forum though thumb up "NO. I REJECT THOSE SHOWINGS. SPECIFY WHICH INCARNATION OF STANDARD THOR WE'RE USING!" laughing out loud

Wrong: people use his high-end feats in vs. discussions in the comic book vs. forum. They don't try to approach it with an "average" either. And since Thor has some absurd outliers (both low and high), an average is not appropriate. An average that does not include at least 5 high and low extremes would be more appropriate. If we were to use that, the top 5 high end and low end feats are thrown out. Then you're left with a plethora if low end feats (because there are quite a few of this) and the high end feats being thrown out. We have a Thor that is not nearly as strong as most retards debate him as.

Not quite. An average Thor, is a high herald Thor. That's how he's viewed even with the super mega high end ridiculous feats he has.
Now why could that be? Oh, because he's being averaged down. no expression

Well of course. Depending on the discussion. But those high end feats (and I mean the real high end feats) are not used to prove that Thor can beat a peer with. It's not like you'll see someone saying "Thor clearly beats Thanos because he knocked out the PF." Know what I'm saying?

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 06:23 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Wrong. If you believe as such, you're obviously ignorant of how varied Thor actually is (and your post indicates you are not which means you're just trolling). Thor is so varied it's stupid. As specific version of Thor needs to be specified because "Thor is not Thor."

I don't think I'm trolling. I found your post fairly funny though so I felt like hassling you a bit. Not much more to it.

Thor is Thor though. That's what you can't get apparently. If Thor's being lowballed, the poster gets called on it. If he's being highballed, he also gets called on it. Until a standard power level is reached. That's really not difficult to understand. From your posts, I can infer that you actually believe in what you're saying, and it's kinda depressing. /shrug. Thor's a lot more simple to argue with than you're trying to make him be.

You are correct about something though. Thor is very varied. It's the reason averages are there though. Throwing out horrendously low end feats, and not using super high end feats either because those aren't as consistent with history as Thor's averages are.

"Inability?"

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Your intellectual limitations are the only inability in this discussion. You literally do not get it. Not all iterations of Thor are the same.

Yes sir. Inability. That you're even arguing what you are is more then enough proof.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 06:25 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Says the guy that admitted I was right.

remember this:

"King Thor, Rune King Thor, Mortal Thor, B&T Thor, Old King Thor, Teen Thor, etc."

hahahahahahaha

Dadu...relax XD Of course I agree with some of what you're saying. I just disagree with most of it. If you're going to pretend you find that hilarious for some reason, I simply won't give any slack and just hammer the point down over and over smile

anyway though

...What? confused You actually think people get confused over what Thor is being used when only "Thor" is specified? The only reason other titles like that are specified is to stray from classic standard power level Thor.

If I intended that to be what I meant, then I would have stated that.

You don't need to slap me in the face and straight up word for word your intention. (please log in to view the image) It's easy enough to infer.

Sure, many writes have different versions of Thor, but not all writers have different versions of Thor. Some are similar. It is when we have stupid version of Thor getting pwned by low-end contenders that we should throw that shit out. Also, the absurdly high end bull-shit should be thrown out, too. lol at your reply, here.

Holy Crap. Do you know what you just did there? You just averaged Thor. laughing Well done my friend thumb up

Wrong: Goku, in SSJ2, can be hugely varied. Thor is MUCH worse than that. At least, with Goku, you can specify which chronological arc and it scales: not so with Thor because Thor is all over the place. You have to be very very specific with Thor.

What on Earth are you talking about? laughing out loud SSJ2 Goku is...SSJ2 Goku. The one who fought Majin Vegeta and in the anime, kid buu for a bit.

Comparing him to Thor's variation is...interesting anyway.

Wrong: what you choose to acknowledge hardly matters since I'm inexorbly correct and you woefully ignorant. Wallow in your ignorance all you want: I'm still right.

Ignorant? About many things yes. But on this. This is your ego not accepting its wrong. I've been there many times thumb up

That'd obviously be incorrect, thought. That's what you don't get: planet busting was an early established feat for beginning DBZ characters. That's the problem with your logic and why it fails.

But why? Most of their attacks shown rarely blow up mountains let alone planets. It's too much inconsistency for me. I need specifications!

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 06:25 AM