KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Thor vs S2 Goku

Thor vs S2 Goku
Started by: TheHulk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
The crazy thing about your posts are, you keep basing things off of collateral damage, it doesn't work like that and anyone who knows anything about DBZ knows this. Sad thing, you all entire argument is based entirely off of collateral damage. Is this an anime thing? Is this how you all debate. You might as well say Frieza>>>Cell or Nappa>>>>>Tien. It's a terrible way to debate and on AVERAGE, Goku is above planetary and collateral damage doesn't change this.

So if I asked you to show me all of DB's power and speed feats, you'll be able to post tons that by themselves show planetary+ power and MHS (or FTL) speed feats to make it them average? Because every unknown strength attack just comes from powerscaling one characters single feat.

(Note, not actually saying DB characters are only Hypersonic+ Mountain busters, )

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 11:22 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Goodbye, ki.
light work

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 11:39 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by dadudemon

And before the comic book butthurt starts pouring in because Thor can keep up with and tag speedsters: that's hyperbolic writing that I reject and throw out. Bad writing on Thor's character.

Seriously? So you get to discard feats just like that?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 07:19 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

well, he tried to discard feats like that. (please log in to view the image)

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 07:20 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Awesome I shall now apply this tactic in life.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 07:21 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KAIKAGE

Thor has never fought so fast that "regular eyes" would be unable to follow the movements. Thor simply is not fast enough to keep up with Goku, base-level.

And before the comic book butthurt starts pouring in because Thor can keep up with and tag speedsters: that's hyperbolic writing that I reject and throw out. Bad writing on Thor's character.

Threads like these should not be made. 616 Thor is not the same even within 616. It varies from author to author. So, for threads like these, I would prefer someone name a specific iteration of Thor and the clust**** of variation from the entirety of 616.
Exactly, that's the problem with characters like Thor and Superman, their feats and upper limits change like the weather to fit the story or to suit the author. The people who make these threads need to state what interpretation of their characters there talking about like what generation and whether it is the comic character or the cartoon character, because from what I've seen there's a big difference between the comic versions and the cartoon versions.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2013 11:58 AM
KAIKAGE is currently offline Click here to Send KAIKAGE a Private Message Find more posts by KAIKAGE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by KAIKAGE
Exactly, that's the problem with characters like Thor and Superman, their feats and upper limits change like the weather to fit the story or to suit the author. The people who make these threads need to state what interpretation of their characters there talking about like what generation and whether it is the comic character or the cartoon character, because from what I've seen there's a big difference between the comic versions and the cartoon versions.
Have you ever been to the Comic Versus forum? if not go there and see how we debate,what you are saying right now is as good as bashing everyone who argues in the Comic Versus forum. No better yet complain to the mods LOL!

edit:i just saw your post history and you never been in the Comic Versus forum,okay seriously who are you to judge how we make a thread when things fly differently when it comes to Comics What the f**k?

WORD LIFE!!!

Last edited by TheHulk on Apr 9th, 2013 at 04:57 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2013 04:54 PM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Actually, Thor has moved faster than not just the human eye before on one occasion, but also faster than what Heimdall could perceive. Heimdall is the guy who can see an ant crawling on the Great Wall of China from Asgard and can perceive cosmic phenomenons like you or I could spot a rain cloud.

In any case, if even you want to dismiss all the times Thor's tagged speedsters, he still has omni-directional attacks, and a hammer that can home in on a target when thrown (which can range from supersonic speeds to grossly beyond lightspeed).

Thor's power set, namely Mjolnir, is just too much of a metagame against the likes of DBZ characters.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2013 06:59 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

I believe the conclusion in the Thor vs Vegeta match was that Vegeta drains himself with energy blasts that Thor absorbs through Mjolnir.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2013 07:08 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Interesting point of view, considering Walt Simonson's run, the definitive run on the character, had Thor being described as "fast as the lightning he wields" and blitzing and out-speeding space-faring Skyfathers like Surtr.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 05:44 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Thor has few concrete physical speed feats, but he has thrown a punch or two within a microsecond. --A microsecond is enough time for light to move about a thousand feet, so quite good--

It's a hella old feat, but take it for what you will.

Personally, its probably more like outlier territory, but if taken serious you have to give Thor the speed edge by far.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 05:54 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

A punch in a microsecond would be less than mach 3,000.

That isn't out of Goku's speed range.

Marvel is shitty with speed in general. If you have super speed, better hope to God that it is your only power, because otherwise it will be entirely plot-dependent.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 06:09 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

It's more like mach ~9000.

No one in DBZ thus far that I know of has demonstrated this level of physical speed or thought process (maybe in Battle of the Gods which I doubt I'll see anytime soon), seeing as a whole second doesn't feel like hours or anything to them. Afterall, 30 minutes is considered a somewhat short amount of time for them, not a long amount.

We have SSJ Goku failing to outrun Kid Buu's not even remotely lightspeed vanishing ball attack that blew up the Earth--we know the scene takes place in real time seconds since Mr. Satan was in the scene and witnessed it just fine--and we also know that in DBZ that your flight speed is above your physical speed as Goku notes on Snake Way.

So Goku runs, and thus moves his limbs in general, at speeds slower than his flight speed.

edit: Thor also has that one feat where he builds a fairly large tower with his bare hands, in no more than a minute iirc.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Apr 10th, 2013 at 06:47 AM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 06:43 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

It isn't mach 9,000, unless you believe his fist traveled three meters (Thor is only like two meters tall). Or, if he did indeed throw like three punches in a microsecond.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 07:24 AM
CosmicComet

Messed up on some mental math. It's actually more like Mach 900 (if we assume Thor's fist only traveled a single foot), not 9000.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 03:02 PM
KAIKAGE

Originally posted by TheHulk
Have you ever been to the Comic Versus forum? if not go there and see how we debate,what you are saying right now is as good as bashing everyone who argues in the Comic Versus forum. No better yet complain to the mods LOL!

edit:i just saw your post history and you never been in the Comic Versus forum,okay seriously who are you to judge how we make a thread when things fly differently when it comes to Comics What the f**k?
Someone's touchie LOL laughing

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 06:40 PM
KAIKAGE is currently offline Click here to Send KAIKAGE a Private Message Find more posts by KAIKAGE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

No, they really don't.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 12:21 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

To be fair, comics do have a bad habit of making their character forget their powers.

Sometimes it is fairly rare and so obvious no one takes it seriously (Flash's showing against Deathstroke in Identity Crisis), but Thor should not be getting blitzed by Wolverine, Spiderman, or some other popular street level to low meta character, considering his showings.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 05:14 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by NemeBro
To be fair, comics do have a bad habit of making their character forget their powers.

Sometimes it is fairly rare and so obvious no one takes it seriously (Flash's showing against Deathstroke in Identity Crisis), but Thor should not be getting blitzed by Wolverine, Spiderman, or some other popular street level to low meta character, considering his showings.

Well yeah, that's the writers having no imagination and using plot to justify shit.

Was speaking more about high showings than low ones, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 05:25 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Someone's touchie LOL laughing
There is a difference between being touchie and stating facts....

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2013 06:09 PM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote