KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » KMC Comic Book Tiers Thread - Vote Now!

KMC Comic Book Tiers Thread - Vote Now!
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
curryman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raisen
Why take Strange down? Dude has the most outrageous feats in Marvel

Because we're placing him after his immediate capabilities not preptime and such.

Otherwise placing Doom, Reed and Batman would be hell.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:20 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

If Surfer is supposed to be the top of the high herald, Starhawk should be at least mid, I'd argue high though.

There are a number of people in the mid-meta tier that I think are for sure below Green Goblin, but a number who are clearly above, not sure what to say there, and I'm a total fanboy so take that into account.

I don't see Man-Thing, so, that is the literal end of my expertise.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:21 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Updated votes:

Doctor Strange to High Herald.

For: 2 (Jake, curryman)
Against: 1 (Raisen)

Ultron to High Herald.

For: 2 (Jake, Raisen)
Against: 0

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:23 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

As far as the Skyfather tier goes:

If we break it down into levels, we'd also have to break down the Trans tier down into levels as well. Which would undoubtedly cause more work and debating, but if that's what we're going for, by all means.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:25 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
As far as the Skyfather tier goes:

If we break it down into levels, we'd also have to break down the Trans tier down into levels as well. Which would undoubtedly cause more work and debating, but if that's what we're going for, by all means.

I know sweet **** all about most trans characters, so I'm not exactly thrilled about the idea of breaking it up.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:29 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by -Pr-
I know sweet **** all about most trans characters, so I'm not exactly thrilled about the idea of breaking it up.

It's a slippery slope, that's for sure.

Which is why if we do the Skyfather tier, it should either be one tier accounting for all the ranges of those characters like the Trans tier, or if it's broken into levels, we do the same for Skyfathers.

Really, if you're a Skyfather character, the gap between you and other Skyfathers is 9/10 times not going to be that great.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:31 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Agreed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:41 AM
Badabing
Karen

KMC Comic Book Tiers

Okay, so, much like the original thread here, this is a new version that we're opening for the people on the VS forum. This thread should serve as a guideline to anyone that wants to make a match, and can't decide if character X is a match for character Y.

================

Rules:

================

This is a GENERAL power listing. We don't care how fast, how versatile or how strong your favourite character is; it's an averaging out of power.
    This list DOESN'T account for PIS or prep, but can for CIS/CIP.
    Different versions of characters, if required, will be specified in brackets.

Now, for anyone that doesn't know what these terms mean, here's a quick explanation (credit to Digi):

- Trans - Tier was created to represent anything above Surfer (who is generally considered the top of high herald) and below Skyfather. It is the only tier that is defined on either extreme by actual characters.
- Street - Generally refers to characters without powers, but not without exceptions. A skilled martial artist would likely be street. A skilled martial artist who can amp himself to metahuman levels would not. It is possible to be without a "power" and be above street (for an example: Karate Kid).

Meta and Herald are pretty self-explanatory.

Making changes: This list is NOT perfect (and is a little out-dated). People are going to disagree. To that end, people will be allowed to recommend that certain characters be moved up and down. With enough support, or mod approval, characters can be moved. All final changes to the list must be approved by mods, so no trolling votes will be accepted.

Okay, without further ado:

================

The List:

================

Tier 4 - Trans. Tier (Sub-Skyfather)

Amazo, Appolyon, The Asgardian Destroyer, Black Racer, Blackheart, Blaze, Circe, Count Abyss, Death Urge, Despero, The Doctor, Doomsday (H/P), Dr. Fate, Dr. Strange (classic), Eclipso, Elders of the Universe (minus Ego), Fernus, Gog, Gray Man, High Evolutionary, Ion (current), Jenny Quantum, The Keeper, King Thor, Magus (original), Mangog, Mongul I (Pre Crisis), Nightmare, Onimar Synn, Onslaught, Queen of Fables, Resurrection Man 1 Million, Sentinel (Alan Scott), Silver Age Kryptonians/Daxamites, Solusandra, Stayne, Strange Visitor, Sun Eater, Superboy Prime, Superman 1 Million, Takion, Thanos, Tyrant (powered down), Validus

Tier 3 - Herald

High
Adam Warlock, Baron Zemo (w/ Moonstones), Cyborg Superman, Doomsday (Gog Wars), The Eradicator (Fortress Mode), Genis-Vell, Green Lantern (Hal, Kyle, Alan), Infinity-Man, Majestic, Moonstone (w/ both stones), Quasar, Qztr, Silver Surfer, Sinestro, Spartan 3.0, Stardust, Superman, Swamp Thing, Talisman, Thor, Zoom II (Hunter Solomon)

Middle
Alexander Nero, Beta Ray Bill, Binary, Bizarro Superman, Black Adam, Black Bolt, Cable (Full Power), Captain Atom, Cpt. Comet, Captain Marvel (DC), Count Nefaria, Damien Hellstrom, Etrigan, Evinlea, The Fallen One, Firelord, Firestorm, The Flash II (Barry Allen), The Flash III (Wally West), The Flash IV (Bart Allen), The General (Shaggy Man), General Zod, Gladiator, Green Lantern (Guy, John, Katma, Kilowog), Hulk, Hyperion, Ikaris, Imperiex Probes, Juggernaut (Classic), Kid Omega, Kurse, Lobo, Loki, Magus (Post-IG), Martian Manhunter, Maxima, Metamorpho, Mon-El, Morg, Nate Grey, Orion, Rachel Summers (Phoenix II), Red Shift, Sersi, Shaman, Skreet, Solomon Grundy, Supergirl, Supreme, Terrax the Tamer, Void (Wildstorm, no Creation Engine power), Waverider, Wildfire, Witchfire (Demon Form), Wonder Woman

Low
Absorbing Man, Air Walker, Animal Man, Apocalypse, Apollo, Argent, The Atom, Aztek, Breach, Cassandra Nova, Cir-El, Damage, Darkness, Darwin, Death's Head 3.0, Death Metal, Doomsday (DOS), Doctor Doom, Dr. Invincible, Dr. Light, Dr. Light II (Kimiyo Hoshi), Dr. Polaris, Drax The Destroyer, Enchantress, Engineer, Exodus, Fin Fang Foom, The Flash I (Jay Garrick), Forerunner, Gammid, Gilgamesh, Gold Key Solar, Gorilla Grodd, Graviton, Green Lantern (Soranik Natu), Guardian I (James Hudson), He-Man, Hector Hammond, Hercules (Immortal), Iceman, Invincible, Isis, Jade, Jack Hawksmoor (in city), Jack of Hearts, Jericho, Kalibak, Kang, Krypto, Lightray, Living Monolith, Loki (Ultimate), Lunatik, Madison Jeffries (BOX IV), Magneto (U), Major Force, Makkari, Man-Beast, Manchester Black, Marrina (Leviathan), Mar-Vell, Matrix Supergirl, Meggan, Mongul, Monica Rambeau (Pulsar), Mr. M, Nimrod, Nova (Frankie Raye), Nova Richard Rider (current), Plastic Man, Power Girl, Prime, Professor X, Raven, Ravenous, The Ray, Red Tornado, Ronan the Accuser, Saturn Girl, Selene (External), Shadow King, Snowbird, Starhawk, Starman, Super Skrull, Stryfe, Superboy, Tempest, Thor (Ultimate), Ultra Boy, Ultra-Humanite, Ultron, Union, Vulcan, Wendigo, Winter, Witchfire (Normal), Zauriel

Tier 2 - Meta

High
Abomination, Aquaman, Ares (Marvel), Atlas, Aurora, Batman 1 Million, Battalion (Jackson King), Blastaar, BOX I (Roger Bochs), Captain Britain, Captain Marvel Jr, Colossus, Crystal, Death's Head II, Donna Troy, Emma Frost, Gamora, Ghost Rider II, Grim Reaper, Guardian II (Heather Hudson), Havok, Hellstrike, Hercules (Mortal), Holocaust, The Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Iron Man, Jean Grey (sans Phoenix), Jenny Sparks, Juggernaut (Depowered), Karate Kid, Living Laser, Machine Man, Manbot, Mandarin, Mary Marvel, Maul, Mercer Drake, Metallo, Mimic (Exiles), Miss Martian, Mr. Fantastic, Mr. Sinister, Namor the Sub-Mariner, Nico Minoru, Nightshade, Northstar, Ocean Master, Osiris, Pitt, Polaris, Psylocke, Radioactive Man, Sand, Sasquatch, Shassa, She-Hulk, Spiral, Starfire, Storm, Supernova, Temugin, The Thing, Thunderstrike, The Tick, Ulik, Ultimo, Vision, War Machine, Windshear, Wonder Man, Zzaxx

Middle
Adam Strange, Aegis, Atom Smasher, Attuma, Balder, Beast Boy, Bishop, Blink, Blob, Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes), Blue Devil, Bombshell, Booster Gold, Carnage, Cloak, Corrin, Cyborg, Cyclops, Darkhawk, Death's Head, Death Wreck, Dust, Electro, Elijah Snow, Farenheit, Flint, Fuji, Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze), Ghost Rider(Dan Ketch), Gorgon, Grace Choi, Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Hellion, Jubilee, Karolina Dean, Kymaera/Namorita, Lightning Lad, Matua, M.O.D.O.K., Molly Hayes, Moonstone, Morlun, Ms. Marvel, Nova Richard Rider (classic), Ogun, Omega Red, Quicksilver (classic), Ragman, Rogue, Rom, Sebastian Shaw, Shadowcat, Shift, Speedball, Steel, Terra, Thunder, Tiger Shark, Toxin, Vance Astro, Vengeance, Venom, Victor Mancha, Warlock (Technarchy/Phalanx), Wonder Girl, Yellowjacket (Hank Pym)

Low
3-D Man, Ambrose Chase, Angel, Arachne, Arana, Azrael, Beast, Black Canary, Black Tarantula, Blade, Blue Beetle (Dan Garrett), Bruenor Battlehammer, Century, Charcoal, Charlie 27, Constrictor, Creeper, Cyber, Dagger, Deadpool, Deathlok, Deathstroke the Terminator, Doc Ock, Drizzt Do'Urden, Elixer, Falcon, Firehawk, Gambit, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Iron Fist, Jakita Wagner, Karnak, Kid Devil, Killer Croc, Klaw, Lady Deathstrike, Longshot, Luke Cage, Man-Bat, Marrina (Normal), Mercury, Midnighter, Mister Hyde, Multiple Man, Mysterio, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Nuke, Orka Humbug, Prometheus, Protocide, Puck, Puma, Rage, Sabretooth, Shang Chi, Silver Samurai, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Swift, Thunder Cats, Tombstone, Triathalon, Vance Astro, Vanguard, Vermin, Vulture, Warpath, Wildchild, Wizard, Wulfgar, X-23

Tier 1 - Street

High
Bane, Batgirl, Batman, Black Panther, Blacklash, Bronze Tiger, Bullseye, The Cat, Constantine Drakon, Daredevil, Elektra, Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Hush, Kingpin, Lady Shiva, Ravager, Red Skull, Richard Dragon, Rose Tattoo, Taskmaster, Union Jack, Nightwing, Red Hood

Middle
Arsenal/Red Arrow, Baron Zemo, Black Cat, Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), Crossbones, Deadshot, Echo, Grifter, Joker, Mach IV, Misty Knight, Moon Knight, Nick Fury, Nomad, Peacemaker, Punisher, Ra's Al Ghul, Turok, Wildcat, Robin

Low
Alfred, Batroc, Black Widow, Catwoman, Christine Trelane, Colleen Wing, Night Thrasher, Obregon Kaine, Penguin, The Question, Riddler, Talia, White Tiger

Note: For the time being, all DC characters listed are pre-reboot versions. Distinctions will be made as the thread is edited.
DCnU Aquaman is at least low herald imo.

WBH & WWH are high herald imo.

Sorcerer Supreme Dr. Strange is high herald imo.

Edit: I don't see Captain America or Wolverine. I think Cap as high street and Wolverine as low meta.

Maybe Superior Spidey needs moved up to mid mete?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Last edited by Badabing on Apr 14th, 2013 at 02:45 AM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:41 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I agree with Green Scar Hulk being High Herald. He's a "one trick pony" compared to a lot of the other High Heralds, but that one trick is reaaaally good.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:43 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Badabing
DCnU Aquaman is at least low herald imo.

Sorcerer Supreme Dr. Strange is high herald imo.

Edit: I don't see Captain America or Wolverine. I think Cap has high street and Wolverine as low meta.

Maybe Superior Spidey needs moved up to mid mete?

I was actually gonna suggest Aquaman, but I honestly thought nobody would vote with me.

Updated votes:

Updated votes:

Doctor Strange to High Herald.

For: 3 (Jake, curryman, Badabing)
Against: 1 (Raisen)

Ultron to High Herald.

For: 2 (Jake, Raisen)

DCNU Aquaman to Low Herald.

For: 2 (-Pr-, Badabing)

WBH to High Herald.

For: 1 (Badabing)

WWH to High Herald.

For: 3 (Badabing, -Pr-, Jake)

Spider-Man to Mid Meta.

Another question for you guys: How high should a majority need to be to push the vote through?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Apr 14th, 2013 at 02:47 AM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:45 AM
curryman

Are they the same level tho?

Also, I agree with Aquaman to low herald.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:46 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Added cap and logan.

For: 3 (-Pr-, Badabing, curryman)

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:49 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I agree with DCnU Aquaman being low herald.

WBH/HotM Hulk should be Trans, imo.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:51 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For: 4 (-Pr-, Badabing, curryman, Jake)

WBH to High Herald.

Against: 1 (Jake)

WBH to Trans.

For: 2 (Jake, -Pr-)

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:53 AM
curryman

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I agree with DCnU Aquaman being low herald.

WBH/HotM Hulk should be Trans, imo.

I agree with WBH to Trans.

Disagree with WWH to High Herald.

Think he should be in mid.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:53 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'll tally it up as the night goes on, then we'll see who has what.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:54 AM
Badabing
Karen

Another question for you guys: How high should a majority need to be to push the vote through?
I think we need to take some votes in regard to who's casting them and consider the source.
Originally posted by curryman
Disagree with WWH to High Herald.

Think he should be in mid.
You must like living dangerously.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 02:57 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think we need to take some votes in regard to who's casting them and consider the source. You must like living dangerously.

Sounds good.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 03:10 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

WBH should be put up to trans in my opinion

Aquaman is a low herald def

Strange to high herald

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 03:11 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

WBH should def be in trans looking at that list. Greenscar to high herald.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 03:21 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote