KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » KMC Comic Book Tiers Thread - Vote Now!

KMC Comic Book Tiers Thread - Vote Now!
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dmills
Centurion Prime

Back Strange to high herald since prep isn't taken into account. Back Spidey to mid meta, WBH to high herald.

Propose to bump Nova Prime to mid herald.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 07:48 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 08:07 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Where is Darksied?
I also vote for a skyfather tier system.

Onimar Synn is a low sky father especially with the Nth metal.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 08:45 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

I'm against Iron Man to Low Herald (I thought he was supposed to define high meta....)

I'm also against moving Batroc and Nova Prime.

I agree with moving Shaman X-Man.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 09:06 PM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Also for a skyfather tier if for no other reason then it it already has a clear distinction in the comic material and should thus be the easiest to define imo.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 09:33 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by curryman
I'm against Iron Man to Low Herald (I thought he was supposed to define high meta....)
Agree or not, a meta-class character cannot contend with solid heralds as consistently as Iron Man has over his career.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 09:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Galan007
Agree or not, a meta-class character cannot contend with solid heralds as consistently as Iron Man has over his career.

thumb up

I will vote Iron Man up to Low Herald.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 09:49 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by curryman
What heralds can he actually contend with?

The only thing that really comes to mind is his fight against Terrax way back and that felt more like luck and prep than anything.
If you aren't familiar with a character's feats, then you probably shouldn't be casting votes on them. :/

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 09:55 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

I think of Classic Iron Man as being the absolute peak of Sub-Herald, as if he's the line between meta and herald in terms of power.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 10:00 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I think of Classic Iron Man as being the absolute peak of Sub-Herald, as if he's the line between meta and herald in terms of power.

This.

And that's just "classic" Iron Man. Iron Man over the past decade or so has been racking up great feats. Tony ever since Extremis has been low herald, imo.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 10:02 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

I def support Iron man to low herald.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 10:03 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Guys, this isn't a debate thread. You're welcome to post a short "why I think character x should be moved" but that's it.

Most people should just be able to let their voting do the talking.

Going to tally up the votes tonight, so hopefully we'll get some people on the board.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 10:32 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by -Pr-
Guys, this isn't a debate thread. You're welcome to post a short "why I think character x should be moved" but that's it.

Going to tally up the votes tonight, so hopefully we'll get some people on the board.

Fair enough.

I think a bunch of characters have been mentioned so far so perhaps we should open a thread purely for the voting of those mentioned so far, and after x amount of time, change their placements as seen fit and then re-open this thread?

It would seem more productive to do so in batches, imo.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 10:37 PM
Raisen

Originally posted by abhilegend
Dr. Strange to high herald.

Adam Warlock to mid herald.

Infinity Man to trans tier.

Wally West to high herald.

Circe to mid herald.

WWH to high herald.

WBH to trans tier.

I agree with all except Strange

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 10:38 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He's been able to fight Hulk (and beat him outright) without use of Hulkbuster Armor. In the Iron Man/Thor mini-series, he did quite well against Ulik and held his own for a time briefly against Thor (though they were both mind controlled). His fights with Doom also come to mind, who's definitely a low herald.
Ulik was massively amped by High Evolutionary at the time-- as was Crimson Dynamo. They were so amped, in fact, that they each stomped on Thor in the very same series. However, despite possessing that level of power, Tony was able to slap each of them around with a fair amount of ease. Tony also went on to contend with the likes of Thor, a Serpent-amped Grey Gargoyle, etc.

The guy is at least low-herald.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 11:20 PM
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by -Pr-

I agree. This is why KMC can never have anything nice!

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 11:22 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Galan007
Ulik was massively amped by High Evolutionary at the time-- as was Crimson Dynamo. They were so amped, in fact, that they each stomped on Thor in the very same series. However, despite possessing that level of power, Tony was able to slap each of them around with a fair amount of ease. Tony also went on to contend with the likes of Thor, a Serpent-amped Grey Gargoyle, etc.

The guy is at least low-herald.

Not disagreeing but he has a lotta prep and his armor can be dues ex at times. Do u believe that at any given chance with standard armor he can beat Magneto?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 11:44 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I think people are somehow confused about this being a thread for deabtes. Seems odd since Pr posted it's not a debate thread and I just quoted Pr's post.

Vote for or against a character.

Submit a character for consideration.

That's it.
Also, is there any way for you or another mod to delete posts? Because this thread will run quite a few pages, probably over a single issue, and we all know they'll be some bickering and probably spamming along the way. I think keeping the thread clean would be a good idea after so many posts.

Unless you keep this open for about a month or two, lock the thread, and "update" every once in a while.
I am going to delete posts now. But I will be warning people soon.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 11:57 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fair enough.

I think a bunch of characters have been mentioned so far so perhaps we should open a thread purely for the voting of those mentioned so far, and after x amount of time, change their placements as seen fit and then re-open this thread?

It would seem more productive to do so in batches, imo.

Maybe. Let me see how many votes there are first.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 12:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Closing while I tally up the votes. Will open a decision thread when I'm ready, and link to it here.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 12:57 AM