KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » H'el vs sentry

H'el vs sentry
Started by: mighty adam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

H'el.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 08:08 PM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheHulk
Mind you lol so can you just categorise what you said...what was the ft suppose to be? was the superboy fts supposed to be about speed or about strength?

Ah sorry. Top scan is about his speed, little lower I ended up putting the matter manip feat against superboy and forgot to edit what i wrote at the start of my post. Sorry bout that.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 10:07 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

Sentry doesn't stand a chance in H'el.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 10:07 PM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

1 - h'el. hard.
2 - split

Old Post Apr 14th, 2013 10:12 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mighty adam

Sentry got so much going for him as a character, and marvel can do alot with him. I think he's problem is like thors. He's too strong to be a earth based marvel heroe. So marvel either kills them off or sending them into space for gay stories. Its like marvel has a hard time thinking of good ideas\ plots for really strong earth based heroes. But sentry I feel more so then most you can work with he's a junkie, he's mental, he has a beasty evil side, he has a stupid crazy wild powerset, like really you can base plots around him you never could for alot of characters. Mental\ unstable enough to have a low tier character as a opponent, beasty enough to have him throw down with the high tier folk.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 08:52 AM
mighty adam is currently offline Click here to Send mighty adam a Private Message Find more posts by mighty adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by mighty adam
Sentry got so much going for him as a character, and marvel can do alot with him. I think he's problem is like thors. He's too strong to be a earth based marvel heroe. So marvel either kills them off or sending them into space for gay stories. Its like marvel has a hard time thinking of good ideas\ plots for really strong earth based heroes. But sentry I feel more so then most you can work with he's a junkie, he's mental, he has a beasty evil side, he has a stupid crazy wild powerset, like really you can base plots around him you never could for alot of characters. Mental\ unstable enough to have a low tier character as a opponent, beasty enough to have him throw down with the high tier folk.
This,expect the part of characters being too strong for earth...

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 08:55 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

The problem with Sentry isn't his power level, but rather his character and how he's handled. Between Jenkins and Bendis, they introduced a character that was the first major hero of the "modern" Marvel Age that had ties to every single hero on the planet and was beloved by everyone until he made them forget about him. That in of itself is a huge F-U to continuity and completely trashes a lot of characters' own back stories. Take for example Rogue.

Rogue's lack of being able to be touched/touch another person is a huge part of her character. Yet, somehow, she and Sentry were able to have intimacy with one another. If Rogue was able to have intimacy with anyone, it would have vastly effected her personality and lot of issues she's had concerning her powers, let alone someone like Bob. Yet, he was her first or something post mutation.

That's just one example of how Sentry as a character completely mucks up Marvel's already dicey continuity.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 09:08 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

And the fact that at times he came across as some sort of horrible Marty Stu.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 09:14 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

First Sentry storyline was incredible tho.

Things didn't go to hell before Bendis got his hands on the character.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 09:24 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by -Pr-
And the fact that at times he came across as some sort of horrible Marty Stu.

This, too.

The guy was loved by everyone, the most powerful hero, the best friend of Reed Richards, the only guy who befriended the Hulk and made him "less angry", inspired Spider-Man, etc.

I "get" the whole dark/twisted Superman archtype he was trying to fit in, but it came at the expense of other characters, most of which are highly significant characters in the Marvel Univere.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 09:27 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

That is why phuck Thor. Sentry is the mightiest one there is!

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 09:44 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

sentry inserted in the 616 was crap.

the beauty of his mini was its self-contained continuity and the sacrifice he made to banish the void from the world. by bringing him into the fold, they first butchered his character and then a dozen others.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 09:46 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by TheHulk
That is why phuck Thor. Sentry is the mightiest one there is!

Sentry being more powerful than Thor doesn't bother me.

Him being a horrendous character whose existence takes a dump on canon does.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 09:46 AM
mighty adam

Originally posted by curryman
First Sentry storyline was incredible tho.

Things didn't go to hell before Bendis got his hands on the character.
agreed

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 09:50 AM
mighty adam is currently offline Click here to Send mighty adam a Private Message Find more posts by mighty adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mighty adam

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Sentry being more powerful than Thor doesn't bother me.

Him being a horrendous character whose existence takes a dump on canon does.
I see wat your saying. But it could have been worst alot worst. I just feel like they killed him off after butchering the character it felt like a fck u to me. But I know he'll be back and hopefully a writer who gives a dam gets there hands on him this time.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 09:54 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I see wat your saying. But it could have been worst alot worst. I just feel like they killed him off after butchering the character it felt like a fck u to me. But I know he'll be back and hopefully a writer who gives a dam gets there hands on him this time.

He's actually coming back in a future issue of Uncanny Avengers. He'll be a Horsemen of Apocalypse.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 09:55 AM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

More like they gave up on him...

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 10:16 AM

it doesnt matter how bad the character was when they killed'im. it will be worse when he comes back.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 10:18 AM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by 753
it doesnt matter how bad the character was when they killed'im. it will be worse when he comes back.
Lol maybe they won't treat him like the same prestige?

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 10:22 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
This, too.

The guy was loved by everyone, the most powerful hero, the best friend of Reed Richards, the only guy who befriended the Hulk and made him "less angry", inspired Spider-Man, etc.

I "get" the whole dark/twisted Superman archtype he was trying to fit in, but it came at the expense of other characters, most of which are highly significant characters in the Marvel Univere.

Agreed. Even Superman isn't that universally loved.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2013 10:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote