KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman Vs Silver Surfer Vs Thor

Superman Vs Silver Surfer Vs Thor
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Are you coming up with these numbers based on how much it takes to cause them damage or how much they can withstand overall?

The OP said on a scale of 100.
My scale is using percentages with the highest of the three starting at 100.
So if Superman has X amount of resistance againt piercing then Thor has 35% less resistance than Superman.

The actual percentages where made up by opinion since it's impossible to assign exact real values to comparative durability. But again, I was going by the OP. The purpose of the OP is to see the opinions of others.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2013 07:27 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by h1a8
The OP said on a scale of 100.
My scale is using percentages with the highest of the three starting at 100.
So if Superman has X amount of resistance againt piercing then Thor has 35% less resistance than Superman.

The actual percentages where made up by opinion since it's impossible to assign exact real values to comparative durability. But again, I was going by the OP. The purpose of the OP is to see the opinions of others.

What are you taking into account with your numbers?

An energy blast from some random villain blasts the contestants at 40 percent power. Superman/Surfer are unhurt while Thor has damage. He ramps it up continuosly and while Thor may be easier to hurt, he ultimately falls last to the assault.

There's a difference between how easy a being is to hurt, and how hard they are to put down. Which is why I'm asking you if your numbers are based on the ability to withstand superficial damage or being taken out.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2013 07:30 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Maybe an example for thor's damage soak would be suffice. I don't think he's equal to superman in how much damage he can take before falling.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 12:28 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

This can go either way. Looking at fts from all, they have fallen/been hurt by things that shouldn't be able to hurt them and they have withstood high end attacks. This thread is pointless. Without looking at low end fts, all of them are equal. I would love for someone to show me Surfer being koed or cut since his rebirth...especially by blunt force. The only time I can think of him being damaged is during his run against the annihilators when he was sliced by something that was ripping through time and the time Thor head butted him. Surfer after his rebirth gets the edge significantly imo but again, an argument can be made for all.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 02:31 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dampyre

Originally posted by carver9
This can go either way. Looking at fts from all, they have fallen/been hurt by things that shouldn't be able to hurt them and they have withstood high end attacks. This thread is pointless. Without looking at low end fts, all of them are equal. I would love for someone to show me Surfer being koed or cut since his rebirth...especially by blunt force. The only time I can think of him being damaged is during his run against the annihilators when he was sliced by something that was ripping through time and the time Thor head butted him. Surfer after his rebirth gets the edge significantly imo but again, an argument can be made for all.

That headbutt from Thor briefly denting the Surfer's head is pretty ridiculous. A headbutt? Really?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 02:43 AM
Dampyre is currently offline Click here to Send Dampyre a Private Message Find more posts by Dampyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Dampyre
That headbutt from Thor briefly denting the Surfer's head is pretty ridiculous. A headbutt? Really?

I honestly don't think its that bad...it was a headbutt from Thor...Surfers peer. Also, Thor was damaged as well. The good showing about that fight is Surfer withstanding a hammer shot without damage. His blunt force is insane.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 03:49 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I think he meant that Thor headbutt him at all was just retarded.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 03:53 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Damborgson
I think he meant that Thor headbutt him at all was just retarded.

Don't understand why though.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 04:01 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Fraction Thor is beyond reproach.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 04:05 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

So, nobody is giving examples. I'd be the first to go then.

Superman survives the collision of two planets

(please log in to view the image)

Superman shrugs off the persuader's axe.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Superman survives a sun-eater collapsing on himself

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 04:10 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Surfer wins.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 04:13 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Surfer wins.

Give examples then.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 04:15 AM
carver9

Originally posted by abhilegend
Give examples then.

Him withstanding a beating from Tenebrous and his partner (both are equal to Galactus) long enough for him to defeat both is proof enough. Nothing you've shown or could show will top that. Sorry bro.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 04:27 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

lol

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 04:27 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Him withstanding a beating from Tenebrous and his partner (both are equal to Galactus) long enough for him to defeat both is proof enough. Nothing you've shown or could show will top that. Sorry bro.

Lulz. Surfer nearly being killed by a lesser than moon destroying attacks are proof enough? Superman hasn't even blinked by a moon destroying in his face.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 04:37 AM
carver9

Lulz. Surfer nearly being killed by a lesser than moon destroying attacks are proof enough? Superman hasn't even blinked by a moon destroying in his face.

Lol...are you really looking at collateral damage? You will not win this looking at that bro. Lol. They dropped Galactus and the planet they was fighting on was still intact.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 04:42 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Near Galactus equals operate on a moon level basis.

Also, Shadow Moon.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 04:43 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Lol...are you really looking at collateral damage? You will not win this looking at that bro. Lol. They dropped Galactus and the planet they was fighting on was still intact.

Of course I'm talking about collateral damage here. They dropped a hungry galactus by taking him by surprise and in the same fight Aegis oneshotted surfer.
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Near Galactus equals operate on a moon level basis.

Also, Shadow Moon.

A peer of hungry galactus maybe. stick out tongue

Infinity Crusade.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 04:48 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Infinity Crusade.
Still above Skyfather

Superman hasn't even blinked by a moon destroying in his face.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 04:50 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Of course I'm talking about collateral damage here. They dropped a hungry galactus by taking him by surprise and in the same fight Aegis oneshotted surfer.

Infinity Crusade.

I guess you forgot the scene when Superman was stopping the ship Doomsday slayer was guiding. Wasn't it stated on panel that a continent buster would have killed Superman?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 04:55 AM