KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman Vs Silver Surfer Vs Thor

Superman Vs Silver Surfer Vs Thor
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vince_slice
Alicia was wrong. Dead wrong. Get it? Alicia is Surfer's lover. Of course she'd be overly worried about his safety.

Surfer deflected the comet, and Alicia asked "at what cost?"

And Surfer wakes up and replies "no cost", and proceeds to get up to inspect the robot as if nothing happened. He recovered near instantly, and didn't show signs injuries. The type you'd expect from being close to death.

Alicia's statements are just that....statements. And to quote you directly:

Isn't that right abhi?

So Alicia and surfer are both wrong. Got it. As for your quoteing me, in my case the statements weren't backed up by the actual happening in the comic. In your case, it was. Whatever, agree to disagree. Its still a shit showing for surfer.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 06:37 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

Originally posted by abhilegend
So Alicia and surfer are both wrong. Got it. As for your quoteing me, in my case the statements weren't backed up by the actual happening in the comic. In your case, it was. Whatever, agree to disagree. Its still a shit showing for surfer.

All I'm saying is that you're wrong. Agree to agree then.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 06:42 AM
One-Punch is currently offline Click here to Send One-Punch a Private Message Find more posts by One-Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

All I'm saying is that you're wrong. Agree to agree then.

Whatever. You are wrong though.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 06:44 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

How was this "backed up by the actual happening in the comic, tho? If anything, I'd say this would be more of them worrying and not knowing what exactly would happen. At the end, Surfer's statement of "no cost" corrected their previous assumptions.

Also, how is this a shit showing? That thing would have destroyed the entire northeast coast. He got up and doesn't look like he took much damage at all.

If that's a shit showing for Surfer, I'd hate to see a high showing...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 06:47 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Nibedicus
How was this "backed up by the actual happening in the comic, tho? If anything, I'd say this would be more of them worrying and not knowing what exactly would happen. At the end, Surfer's statement of "no cost" corrected their previous assumptions.

Also, how is this a shit showing? That thing would have destroyed the entire northeast coast. He got up and doesn't look like he took much damage at all.

If that's a shit showing for Surfer, I'd hate to see a high showing...

Surfer and Alicia both thought he was going to die and he looked like that too. He recovered fast and that's it.

Surfer didn't took the blast of the ship, he just deflected it using his knowledge of trajectories. He was still KTFO with just deflecting a space-ship that shook the bedrock of manhattan island. Its a shit showing for a low herald nvm someone like surfer.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 06:54 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Also nobody repping Thor?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 07:02 AM
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

How about no-selling a cosmic bolt from Korvac that had the power to destroy a planet.

(please log in to view the image)

Or being turned into his own magnetized planet core, and withstanding being crushed by enough meteors to form a planet around him.

-----

These are a couple of decent energy and blunt force durability feats.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 07:03 AM
One-Punch is currently offline Click here to Send One-Punch a Private Message Find more posts by One-Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Surfer and Alicia both thought he was going to die and he looked like that too. He recovered fast and that's it.

Surfer didn't took the blast of the ship, he just deflected it using his knowledge of trajectories. He was still KTFO with just deflecting a space-ship that shook the bedrock of manhattan island. Its a shit showing for a low herald nvm someone like surfer.

"Thought would happen" and "happen" are really different things. Especially if said "thoughts" were immediately proven wrong a page or two later. But unless you're saying that Surfer can recover from near-fatal injuries within a span of a few seconds I'd have to say that little to no damage occurred here. Especially as Surfer really hasn't been portrayed as a "healing factor" kinda guy.

Lots of heralds have crappier showings that this, especially if you count character statements of what COULD happen (Thor saying he would die from falling off a skyscraper for example).

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 07:04 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What are you taking into account with your numbers?

An energy blast from some random villain blasts the contestants at 40 percent power. Superman/Surfer are unhurt while Thor has damage. He ramps it up continuosly and while Thor may be easier to hurt, he ultimately falls last to the assault.

There's a difference between how easy a being is to hurt, and how hard they are to put down. Which is why I'm asking you if your numbers are based on the ability to withstand superficial damage or being taken out.
lol you didn't even look at my numbers. I gave Thor the most for energy durability (more than Superman and Surfer). I gave him the least for piercing (sharp objects) durability.

Now you have a problem with me actually stating that Thor is better than Superman and Surfer in something?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 07:05 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

How about no-selling a cosmic bolt from Korvac that had the power to destroy a planet.

Or being turned into his own magnetized planet core, and withstanding being crushed by enough meteors to form a planet around him.

-----

These are a couple of decent energy and blunt force durability feats.

Now we're talking about something.

Superman surviving the destruction of Krypton under a red sun and kryptonite radiation.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

FYI, krypton dwarfs Jupiter

Tanks the destruction of Dominus created Krypton

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Tanks an explosion 50 times the size of a supernova (he was flinged backwards by the blast)

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/...18eh0_super.jpg

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 07:28 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

"Thought would happen" and "happen" are really different things. Especially if said "thoughts" were immediately proven wrong a page or two later. But unless you're saying that Surfer can recover from near-fatal injuries within a span of a few seconds I'd have to say that little to no damage occurred here. Especially as Surfer really hasn't been portrayed as a "healing factor" kinda guy.

Lots of heralds have crappier showings that this, especially if you count character statements of what COULD happen (Thor saying he would die from falling off a skyscraper for example).

I would take the stance that surfer can heal from near fatal injuries very quickly in that time.

Surfer said he was fighting for his life against Spider man. Statements and actual showings are vastly different. This can't be lumped together in absurd low showings like Thor going into a coma by a falling ship mast.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 07:34 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

I would take the stance that surfer can heal from near fatal injuries very quickly in that time.

Surfer said he was fighting for his life against Spider man. Statements and actual showings are vastly different. This can't be lumped together in absurd low showings like Thor going into a coma by a falling ship mast.

But you're basing the whole "near fatal" injury on character statements, tho. Statements that get DIRECTLY corrected a few panels later. I really don't see how you arrived to this stance.

Which is what I'm saying. Especially in this example where statements actually GET contradicted by actual showings w/in the very same comic within a few panels.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 07:39 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

But you're basing the whole "near fatal" injury on character statements, tho. Statements that get DIRECTLY corrected a few panels later. I really don't see how you arrived to this stance.

Which is what I'm saying. Especially in this example where statements actually GET contradicted by actual showings w/in the very same comic within a few panels.

Surfer was actually shown in that state however as seen in scans.

Thor and Surfer didn't fight for their life against that fall or spider man though. Surfer was actually KTFO and near death as shown by Alicia's statements. Feats+statements>Statements.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 07:42 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Surfer was actually shown in that state however as seen in scans.

Thor and Surfer didn't fight for their life against that fall or spider man though. Surfer was actually KTFO and near death as shown by Alicia's statements. Feats+statements>Statements.

What part actually showed this "state"? To me, at most, it just looks like he was KOd for a few seconds (some people would call this "stunned").

If you could be specific about where you're getting this "near death" state within the comic outside of character statements, I'd love to see it.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 07:46 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

What part actually showed this "state"? To me, at most, it just looks like he was KOd for a few seconds (some people would call this "stunned").

If you could be specific about where you're getting this "near death" state within the comic outside of character statements, I'd love to see it.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

"I hope he's alive. Alicia, is he?". Its clear what the writer was going at.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 07:51 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

He watched everyone getting killed as evidenced in the last scan.
He didn't disagree because he trusts steel. Your memory is wrong as usual. Steel made his assumption after the ship was slowed down by doomslayer.
he didn't see anyone die.

He was yelling don't after the explosion as well indicating he saw dick

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 08:14 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
he didn't see anyone die.

He was yelling don't after the explosion as well indicating he saw dick

He saw millions die.

"oh god, he did it".

You suck at this bran. Let master carter handle lowballing.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 08:19 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

He saw millions die.

"oh god, he did it".

You suck at this bran. Let master carter handle lowballing.

if the moon blows up with a city on it. Then logically people will die

You're creating your own feat. Superman has real feats you can use instead

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 08:25 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
if the moon blows up with a city on it. Then logically people will die

You're creating your own feat. Superman has real feats you can use instead

He saw the moon blowing up and he only jumped in time after the explosion in that arc.

You are creating your own reality where a real superman feat doesn't exist.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 08:27 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

He saw the moon blowing up and he only jumped in time after the explosion in that arc.
prove it

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 08:29 AM