KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Ironman 3

Ironman 3
Started by: Sixth_Winged

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 14 15 [16]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Newjak
While I'm not saying the PT is as good as the OT I think a lot of people look at them through Rose Tinted glasses. They also tend to think of Empire when thinking of the OT.

If you rewatch the Originals now you can definitely see how flawed they were and also that the PT trilogy isn't too far far in story telling quality minus Empire.

In fact my second favorite Film of the series comes from the PT with ROTS, yes I liked better than a New Hope.

IM3 is not SM 3. They are clearly at two different ends of the spectrum in terms of quality.

IM3 is an incredibly good movie.

The twist is kind of a hate or don't care thing. It was incredibly funny.

I've heard so many different ways it's been put but I think the best way to describe it is it was a poor decision executed extremely well within the confines of the story they told but with little to no pay-off for what you got.

Ben Kingselys character's potential was much better than what Guy Pearce offered. Had the twist led to a much better pay-off in the story no one would have cared.

Agree about Star Wars. But am intrigued to see how Abrams handles it. The guy's done a truly excellent job with Star Trek so that is exciting.

Of course IM3 is no SM3. SM3 was just a really bad film, and yet it was somehow the biggest box office draw of all the SM films which was my point.

I would call IM3 a decent film. My rating of it would have been a lot higher if not for the twist. But like you said a lot of people won't care too much about that. To me IM1 is still the best Iron Man by far and one of the greatest super hero movies ever made.

Old Post May 20th, 2013 11:44 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by Newjak
While I'm not saying the PT is as good as the OT I think a lot of people look at them through Rose Tinted glasses. They also tend to think of Empire when thinking of the OT.

If you rewatch the Originals now you can definitely see how flawed they were and also that the PT trilogy isn't too far far in story telling quality minus Empire.

In fact my second favorite Film of the series comes from the PT with ROTS, yes I liked better than a New Hope.

I think you're nuts, tbh.

Old Post May 20th, 2013 01:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by -Pr-
I think you're nuts, tbh.
And I think you're bananas so we're even

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 20th, 2013 01:55 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

laughing out loud

Old Post May 20th, 2013 02:09 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

LOL That's a pretty standard conversation when discussing the Prequels.

Old Post May 20th, 2013 02:55 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Just saw Ironman 3 last night at the drive-in. BEST Hot box experience ever! Especially during Iron Man armor changing fight at the end.

Anyone got tired of Tony baggage from the Avengers?

Old Post May 21st, 2013 06:21 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by the ninjak
And the way they struggled against and eventually broke through a chained barn door.

Didn't Tony get a leg & hand segment first but the rest of his armour was locked behind the barn door?

So why were these segments able to fly at Tony's calling but the rest wasn't?

Old Post May 21st, 2013 07:40 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Agree about Star Wars. But am intrigued to see how Abrams handles it. The guy's done a truly excellent job with Star Trek so that is exciting.

Have you seen Honest Reviews on YouTube regarding Abrams' 1st Star Trek movie?

It's interesting because there's several scenes in Star Trek that have been clearly "ripped off" from scenes in the various Star Wars movies.

Old Post May 21st, 2013 07:48 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Have you seen Honest Reviews on YouTube regarding Abrams' 1st Star Trek movie?

It's interesting because there's several scenes in Star Trek that have been clearly "ripped off" from scenes in the various Star Wars movies.

Seems like he's more into Star Wars. All the better stick out tongue

Old Post May 21st, 2013 07:59 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by vansonbee
Just saw Ironman 3 last night at the drive-in. BEST Hot box experience ever! Especially during Iron Man armor changing fight at the end.

I actually enjoyed Tony's avenger baggage made it feel like the what happened in the Avengers really did matter and made sense to me.

Tony is used to having all the answers or being able to figure everything out now Aliens, other worlds, more advanced beings. For the type of character he is I think it was close to what would happen.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 21st, 2013 11:53 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i love the avengers continuity.. i love the fact that they didn't just mention it as the new york incident.. they actually worked it in there.. it was an essential part of tony's breakdown.. and by essential, i mean the actual reason of tony's breakdown..

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 04:27 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Picked up the 3D blu-ray pack a couple of weeks ago. The mood hasn't hit yet to sit down and watch the movie, but it's worth it just for the Agent Carter short. thumb up It led a female friend of mine to ask "What if Peggy Carter was Tony Stark's mother?"

Now, that would be weird. Peggy's mourning about Steve, and Howard is always there helping her career along, and ready for a good time... wink

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 5th, 2013 03:42 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by roughrider
Picked up the 3D blu-ray pack a couple of weeks ago. The mood hasn't hit yet to sit down and watch the movie, but it's worth it just for the Agent Carter short. thumb up It led a female friend of mine to ask "What if Peggy Carter was Tony Stark's mother?"

Now, that would be weird. Peggy's mourning about Steve, and Howard is always there helping her career along, and ready for a good time... wink

Confirmed $lut

Old Post Oct 5th, 2013 08:29 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wowbrow

Originally posted by vansonbee

That was my favourite bit. RDJ is a great actor. I just hated the plothole that he didn't use the suits earlier, it made no sense

Old Post Oct 8th, 2013 03:17 PM
wowbrow is currently offline Click here to Send wowbrow a Private Message Find more posts by wowbrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by wowbrow
That was my favourite bit. RDJ is a great actor. I just hated the plothole that he didn't use the suits earlier, it made no sense

Because the doorway was buried under rubble, and they couldn't get out until it was cleared.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 9th, 2013 11:37 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote