KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Ironman 3

Ironman 3
Started by: Sixth_Winged

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Just not the best sequel to the Awesomeness of the first one.

Doesn't mean its terrible... there's far worst movies out there.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 11:58 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Estacado
This movie was up there with Green Lantern......the whole plot was lame..
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mandarin being fake was meh....Tony getting whooped in his own house and having malfunctions with his suit for no reasons ...lame....also why did it take him a shit load of time to realise oh wait i have like 60 armors in the basement yet I want to recharge my total crappy armor,the thermo men taking on the suits and one shoting theme was terrible,Pepper whoopin Killian was horrible......
Only positive thing about the film is that it was funny.....

Dude fail [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mandarin twist was awesome! if he remained a hate monger the film would've been a drag. They made the right choice with him being an actor, it was hilarious.
The new suit was a prototype, it couldn't fly. Jarvis said himself it wasn't ready for combat use. And in regards to Pepper? Killian gave her an advanced version of the virus.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: She gets injected with extremis and right when Killian is about to finish Tony she jumps in and uses her super strenght to toss him asside and uses one of Im suits bomb and glove blast to finish him....it's awful...

No it wasn't! [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Killian wanted to make her PERFECT! she was obviously an advanced version of the virus! Killian ensured he was more advanced than his soldiers. He wanted her to be as good....as stated in film, a trophy. Pretty much a trophy wife. He was heavily damaged after his fight with Tony and that allowed Pepper to have a physical edge in combat.

Watch the film again you missed much.

The film was awesome and will go down in history as the best in the series

Last edited by the ninjak on Apr 28th, 2013 at 05:31 PM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 05:22 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Score have already dropped on Imdb from 8.7 to 8 and it's been out for like 4 days watch it drop to 7,5 within another week...

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 05:50 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Score have already dropped on Imdb from 8.7 to 8 and it's been out for like 4 days watch it drop to 7,5 within another week...

You're relying on IMDB ratings? They have always been trash.

Regardless, time will tell. And I know this film was great.

Any unrealized points in the plot I'm happy to rationalize.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 05:59 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I didn't mind [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the twist in principal. Just didn't like how funny it was made. Such a pivotal part of the movie shouldn't have been made funny Imho.

Also they should have given [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Iron Patriot some damn action! Especially in the middle when the movie was getting a bit slow. IP went down wayyy too easily.

But overall I thought it was cool. The Mark 42 was cool. The combined armors fighting was all cool. And Robert Downey still made a great performance.

But it's not epic like IM1, Avengers and TDK.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 06:19 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I didn't mind [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the twist in principal. Just didn't like how funny it was made. Such a pivotal part of the movie shouldn't have been made funny Imho.

Also they should have given [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Iron Patriot some damn action! Especially in the middle when the movie was getting a bit slow. IP went down wayyy too easily.

But overall I thought it was cool. The Mark 42 was cool. The combined armors fighting was all cool. And Robert Downey still made a great performance.

But it's not epic like IM1, Avengers and TDK.

- I have to disagree on the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: twist If it was allowed to manifest in the direction the film was leading into, then the film would've been a drag. The choice was genius. And [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Tony's actions in the film was similar to a Bond style of character, exposing a conspiracy that would've eventuated in an arms war between many nations.
He saved hundreds if not thousands of lives.
-In regards to the Iron Patriot [SPOILER - highlight to read]: It was hilarious how he mocked its existence throughout the film! We love War Machine as fans not stupid Iron Patriot. And the fact that IP existed as a decoy for AIMs purposes shows just how Tony's actions exposed such an icon.

Agree on the cool factor of the armors but disagree on the fact that IM3 wasn't as epic as IM1.

IM1 was an origin story and hard to beat. IM3 was a incredible mature advancement into Stark's story.
People will realize this in the future.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 06:39 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

A) It will not drop to a 5, that's a garuntee.
B) You have to take multiple sources for a review. If you look at the 93% from critics and 99% from audience on rottentomatoes for instance; it looks MUCH better.
C) A lot of AMERICAN review sites are saying it could be THE BEST Iron Man yet. Iron man won't do as well critically overseas as it will domestically; so when it launches here the score will only go up.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 07:11 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by the ninjak
- I have to disagree on the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: twist If it was allowed to manifest in the direction the film was leading into, then the film would've been a drag. The choice was genius. And [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Tony's actions in the film was similar to a Bond style of character, exposing a conspiracy that would've eventuated in an arms war between many nations.
He saved hundreds if not thousands of lives.
-In regards to the Iron Patriot [SPOILER - highlight to read]: It was hilarious how he mocked its existence throughout the film! We love War Machine as fans not stupid Iron Patriot. And the fact that IP existed as a decoy for AIMs purposes shows just how Tony's actions exposed such an icon.

Agree on the cool factor of the armors but disagree on the fact that IM3 wasn't as epic as IM1.

IM1 was an origin story and hard to beat. IM3 was a incredible mature advancement into Stark's story.
People will realize this in the future.

Oh no I wasn't against [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the idea of the twist. I just hated how they made it "funny." But maybe that's just me.

With IP all I'm saying is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: He was there to be used while Tony was out of action. I really feel like we could have used some Armour action in the middle. So why not utilize him?

Agree with the rest. thumb up Cool movie overall.

And especially good for a third movie. Historically 3rd movies arn't usually the best for superhero movies - Spiderman 3 & X-Men 3 come to mind.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 07:24 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Oh no I wasn't against [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the idea of the twist. I just hated how they made it "funny." But maybe that's just me.

With IP all I'm saying is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: He was there to be used while Tony was out of action. I really feel like we could have used some Armour action in the middle. So why not utilize him?

Agree with the rest. thumb up Cool movie overall.

And especially good for a third movie. Historically 3rd movies arn't usually the best for superhero movies - Spiderman 3 & X-Men 3 come to mind.

-I believe the funny factor was a win personally. And pushed the limits into what people on an international scale perceived the political message.

-IP was shown "surprisingly" on the level comic fans wanted to see it shown in. Which was a pleasant surprise. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: As a mockery

-Cool.

-IM3 WILL go down as the best in a possible trilogy. It's hard to beat an origin story. And this film wasn't the Extremis Arc story I expected. But it blew it out of the water in regards as standing on its own as a story.
It pushed Stark forward as a political espionage thriller style character.
Which surprised me.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 07:36 PM
Senor Cage

You're relying on IMDB ratings? They have always been trash.

Regardless, time will tell. And I know this film was great.

Any unrealized points in the plot I'm happy to rationalize.

IMDB is one of the best places for a wide variety of reviews from a wide variety of people. Once more reviews from Rotten tomatoes comes through, there will be more rottens, but overall should have a healthy amount of positives.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 07:49 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Golgo13
IMDB is one of the best places for a wide variety of reviews from a wide variety of people. Once more reviews from Rotten tomatoes comes through, there will be more rottens, but overall should have a healthy amount of positives.

IMDB ratings are junk. Rely on your own perception of what the film was.
And that includes Rotten Tomatoes.

Believe in yourself.

I give the film a healthy 7/10.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 08:10 PM
Senor Cage

Believe in yourself.

I never said that those sites influence me on the movies. I mean American Ninja is one of my favorite films evah! And it only has a rating of 4.9. stick out tongue

Bastards.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 08:58 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I never said that those sites influence me on the movies. I mean American Ninja is one of my favorite films evah! And it only has a rating of 4.9. stick out tongue

Bastards.

American Ninja is an awesome film. If you like it then you're good by me.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 09:19 PM
Senor Cage

American Ninja is an awesome film. If you like it then you're good by me.

I do, I do. #2 is my favorite of the series, though. Stalone should use Michael Dudikoff in the Expendables.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2013 10:42 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

A possible War Machine movie got brought up again

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...k/news/?a=78322

quote:
When we have talked about the [War Machine] spin-off, what the departure point might be for War Machine… [we've discussed that] it might be when he goes rogue, so to speak, and takes a mission that he believes he is morally responsible for but is against policy and does it anyway. What happens when he’s out there and he’s been dishonourably discharged but he still has the suit, or Tony makes him another suit?”

“And now he’s out there on his own too, but even worse than Tony, because now he’s a fugitive. Because if we wanted to do it, I think the best way to do it would be go darker, to take it and make it even more visceral. Sort of close to the first Iron Man, how it began. Really visceral and really realistic.”

Old Post Apr 30th, 2013 06:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

IM 3 ratings are dropping. It still has a solid score, but I hope this isn't disappointing. This is one of my most anticipated films this summer.

Old Post May 1st, 2013 09:04 AM
Darth Thor

It's not as good as Avengers or IM1. So I wouldn't expect the rating to be as high as either of them.

But it's still a good movie. Add that to all the hype and it will continue to be a box office smash.

Old Post May 1st, 2013 11:02 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Believe in yourself.

thumb up
Its a 7/10 at best.

As for scores.....

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/iron-man-3

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on May 1st, 2013 at 01:04 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2013 01:00 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

It's not as good as Avengers or IM1. So I wouldn't expect the rating to be as high as either of them.

But it's still a good movie. Add that to all the hype and it will continue to be a box office smash.

It looks better than both IM's to me. smile

Old Post May 1st, 2013 04:51 PM
Darth Thor

It looks better than both IM's to me. smile

Nah it didn't touch IM1 for me. But I'm a huge fan of the original.

Old Post May 1st, 2013 08:10 PM