KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Ironman 3

Ironman 3
Started by: Sixth_Winged

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nimbus006
Accuser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I actually felt like it was the best Iron Man film to date.

Stark's character underwent a lot of progression and development and you can see the differences between him from Iron Man, Iron Man 2, the Avengers, and Iron Man 3. To that end, it did a great job fleshing out a character we've already grown very familiar with.

As a comic book fan whose read quite a bit (a lot) of Iron Man...[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the whole Mandarin thing was kinda disappointing. I figured we'd get a very grounded take on the character - no power rings, no chi kung fu, no alien space dragons, etc - but the whole swerve with Killian being the main bad guy and the "real" Mandarin was unexpected. That said, divorcing myself from the comics and the knowledge I have from them, the ploy served the film well.

I'd give it an 8.5. Good development from the principal cast, best action scenes of the franchise, good pacing, etc.

Couldn't of said it better. thumb up

By: Juk

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 01:57 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DragonRider19
Kurt Phucking Angle

Originally posted by Kazenji
guess you haven't read or watched Extremis going by your reaction.
again, it just didn't make sense to me to cut out stuff like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Mandarin not having powers I mean that's IMs arch enemy.. they could've at least done him some on screen justice (almost like the Power rings wouldn't have been believable) then to give the Extremis users such crazy powers. just didn't seem right to me... but none the less I still enjoyed it.

The Ankle Butcher, Patriotic Entity,
Earths Mightiest Hero, KURT PHUCKING ANGLE.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 04:50 PM
DragonRider19 is currently offline Click here to Send DragonRider19 a Private Message Find more posts by DragonRider19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Golgo13
I could care less about how much it makes. I just want to see something different, something new. It seems it's not as good as IM 1 from regular posters. I'm still going to see it, but I should lower my expectations.

well you really shouldn't believe what other posters say and have a mind of your own... i am seeing this on sunday so i very stoked to see it

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Looks like most people agree with my assessment of the film. Tony was cool, IM was cool, the action was cool, but still a few big complaints. Which could have easily been corrected/adjusted. Really not sure why they were done.

i can't judge until sunday but i won't be at all surprised if they done to make way for Iron Man 4

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 06:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Originally posted by TheHulk
I personally felt it was better than IM 2.

To each his own, I liked IM2 better than the first but I am probably in a minority.

IM1: 7
IM2: 8
IM3: 6

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 07:33 PM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

i can't judge until sunday but i won't be at all surprised if they done to make way for Iron Man 4

Don't read any of the IM forums until you see it. Spoilers have a way of presenting themselves even when you don't read the spoiler tags.

Originally posted by Mshinu
To each his own, I liked IM2 better than the first but I am probably in a minority.

A very very small minority Lol.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 08:49 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Don't read any of the IM forums until you see it. Spoilers have a way of presenting themselves even when you don't read the spoiler tags.

i don't mind some spoilers

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 10:39 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Saw the midnight showing and I gotta say I am disappointed. It's not a bad film, rather it's merely decent and only marginally better than IM2.

I had two major problems with it:

1st: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Mandarin twist. My problem isn't that they mangled the comic character, rather they ruined a very intriguing and awesome movie villain. Throughout the 1st half of the movie the Mandarin is very intimidating and appears to have complex motivations, however they throw this away for an unintriguing villain with rather boring motivations.

2nd: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Pepper Pots defeating Killian. This was utterly ridiculous and my biggest gripe. The hero is supposed to overcome the antagonist, he's not supposed to be defeated only for a secondary character to come in and do his job for him... Ugh. It reminds me of TDKR, but at least in that movie Batman was able to overcome Bane. Here, Iron Man isn't victorious but rather Pots is. Awful IMO.

Last edited by ares834 on May 3rd, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 10:54 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Movie was originally 3+ hours

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...e/news/?a=78791

interview starts at the 45 mins mark

Old Post May 4th, 2013 02:53 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DragonRider19
Kurt Phucking Angle

Originally posted by Mshinu

thumb up
I personally really liked IM2, There was a lot of action.

The Ankle Butcher, Patriotic Entity,
Earths Mightiest Hero, KURT PHUCKING ANGLE.

Old Post May 4th, 2013 06:01 AM
DragonRider19 is currently offline Click here to Send DragonRider19 a Private Message Find more posts by DragonRider19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stall_19
Herald of Galactus

You know with how much control Jarvis had over the suits they could totally make him Ultron. Tony accidentally creating Ultron makes more sense than Pym.

Old Post May 4th, 2013 07:26 AM
Stall_19 is currently offline Click here to Send Stall_19 a Private Message Find more posts by Stall_19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Just got back from seeing it. I wonder what SHIELD was doing througout this whole movie? Anyways I give the movie a 7 out of 10, I actually liked IM 2 better.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 4th, 2013 07:20 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Based on some of the spoilers I've read, especially regarding the Mandarin, I wonder if I should go and watch this movie at all.

Old Post May 4th, 2013 08:44 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ It's still a good movie. And with the spoilers you won't have your expectations too high like we did.

Old Post May 4th, 2013 08:49 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Based on some of the spoilers I've read, especially regarding the Mandarin, I wonder if I should go and watch this movie at all.

Cheater!

Old Post May 4th, 2013 08:51 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

^ It's still a good movie. And with the spoilers you won't have your expectations too high like we did.

It's not the spoilers as much as the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: disappointing turn of events regarding what's supposed to be THE Ironman villain.

I've read spoilers for other movies before, and still went on to watch and enjoy said movies. I have a feeling that it won't be the same with IM3.

Old Post May 4th, 2013 09:15 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Golgo13
Cheater!

Silence.

Old Post May 4th, 2013 10:59 PM
Darth Vicious

Entertaining movie but I was disappointed by it. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: No Extremis Iron Man, they butchered the Mandarin the second half of the movie and no GotG after credits..

Newjak Edited incorrect Spoiler tags.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Last edited by Newjak on May 5th, 2013 at 05:03 AM

Old Post May 5th, 2013 02:43 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
It's not the spoilers as much as the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: disappointing turn of events regarding what's supposed to be THE Ironman villain.

I've read spoilers for other movies before, and still went on to watch and enjoy said movies. I have a feeling that it won't be the same with IM3.
Just got back from watching it. Definitely worth going and seeing.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The bit with the Mandrain was kind of sad/disappointing but it worked within the context of the story they writing. Also I think knowing it before hand helped with it.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 5th, 2013 05:05 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Iron Man 3 was good. Everyone complaining about the movie gets 3 warnings.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 5th, 2013 05:08 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Badabing
Iron Man 3 was good. Everyone complaining about the movie gets 3 warnings.
laughing out loud

Honestly probably my biggest complaint would be

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The inconsistency of how the armors dealt with the Extremis Enhanced Humans. Killian and his right hand man made the armors fall to their knees with mere touches yet when the unmanned armors were fighting the Extremis Thugs they were able to take on two to three of them at a time and do pretty well. Heck based on the final fire work display and with their apparently being only 42 made it looks like the only suits Tony lost were the ones Killian and Pepper took out. Also Killian survives one of the suits exploding but then gets destroyed by random armor missile mixed with repulsor blast.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 5th, 2013 05:15 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote