KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain Atom ( Monarch ) vs Galactus.

Captain Atom ( Monarch ) vs Galactus.
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
That makes 2 agreements in a week. We are on a roll. big grin

The Demiurgos. Fractions F4#6. Etc. I rest my case.

Old Post May 3rd, 2013 10:25 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Can you destroy space ?
In comics?

Yes.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 4th, 2013 01:30 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
The Demiurgos. Fractions F4#6. Etc. I rest my case.
Big bangs create, dood. They do not destroy-- this is should be a very simple concept to grasp. Once more: Monarch's detonation created absolutely nothing(it only destroyed), therefore it was obviously not a big bang in the typical sense.

Aside from that, unless I missed something said detonation was never referred to as a big bang, so I'm not sure where your opinion that it was such even stems from..? Please don't argue just to argue. It's irritating and accomplishes absolutely nothing.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 4th, 2013 02:25 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Galactus pretty conclusively imo.

Old Post May 4th, 2013 02:28 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Big bangs create, dood. They do not destroy-- this is should be a very simple concept to grasp. Once more: Monarch's detonation created absolutely nothing(it only destroyed), therefore it was obviously not a big bang in the typical sense.

I presume that I have your permission to PM quanchi112 this cloaked concession that Lucifer standing at ground zero during Michael's death isn't a proof of a durability feat, since it was after all, a "creation event".
Please don't argue just to argue. It's irritating and accomplishes absolutely nothing.

laughing

Old Post May 4th, 2013 10:14 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

galactus. assuming he's at the odin battle level, he takes monarch easily. with his ability to absorb so many types of energy, i'd think g would be monarch's worst nightmare tbh.

Old Post May 4th, 2013 03:50 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I presume that I have your permission to PM quanchi112 this cloaked concession that Lucifer standing at ground zero during Michael's death isn't a proof of a durability feat, since it was after all, a "creation event".
The energy released from Michael detonating would have destroyed the prime universe-- this was outright stated. When Lucifer took Mike to un-space and skewered him to release said energies, he even referred to it as "a controlled detonation."

Furthermore, the raw energy released from Michael was not sufficient to create ANYTHING by itself. It took Lucifer's WILL to mold it into a tangible creation. Aside from that, the demiurgic power was explicitly referred to as "the power that builds and breaks." It goes both ways. wink

Having said that, comparing Monarch's quantum energies to the demiurgic power(God's power) is one of the more faulty argumentations I've seen in some time.

Old Post May 4th, 2013 05:13 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

Funny how threads stray off topic a lot of times.
I think that everyone is pretty much in agreement that G wins. By a plethora of methods.

Old Post May 4th, 2013 06:03 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

The energy released from Michael detonating would have destroyed the prime universe-- this was outright stated.

Which is pretty much what the uncontrolled release of Monarch's power did: destroy an already existing universe.

When Lucifer took Mike to un-space and skewered him to release said energies, he even referred to it as "a controlled detonation."

Wholly irrelevant. If there was someone like Lucifer to guide/manipulate/weave those energies into a new creation, then no doubt Monarch's death would have rebooted the universe. As it so happens, there wasn't, so this is a useless non-sequiter.

Furthermore, the raw energy released from Michael was not sufficient to create ANYTHING by itself. It took Lucifer's WILL to mold it into a tangible creation. Aside from that, the demiurgic power was explicitly referred to as "the power that builds and breaks." It goes both ways. wink

I feel like posting the scans in which Captain Atom utilizes the link of his energies with the Quantum Field to spawn a universe and then subsequently destroy said universe.

Here they are:
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l...atom54163ui.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l...atom54182hn.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l...atom54195mk.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l...atom54207wq.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l...tom056199yp.jpg

Quantum power goes both ways as well. thumb up

Having said that, comparing Monarch's quantum energies to the demiurgic power(God's power) is one of the more faulty argumentations I've seen in some time.

Having read your points, claiming that the energies contained within Monarch's armor are completely unlike the Demiurgic power(especially in light of the highest-end stuff that Captain Atom has done with similar/identical energies) is one of the stupidest argumentations I've read in quite some time.

Old Post May 4th, 2013 06:31 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

@Galan:

Btw, I hate your new sig. Everytime I reply to you, or read a post of yours, it feels like a bug is crawling about on my screen. For zop's sake, get rid of it.

Old Post May 4th, 2013 06:40 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

I was just about to say how Galan's sig has made me slap my screen atleast twice

Old Post May 4th, 2013 09:10 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Lol Galant sig,is the first troll sig I ever seen...but it's cool! smile

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post May 5th, 2013 05:56 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by TheHulk
Lol Galant sig,is the first troll sig I ever seen...but it's cool! smile
Nope.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 5th, 2013 06:10 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by Mindset
Nope.
Your sig is old,so shut up.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post May 5th, 2013 06:18 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Mindset
Nope.

you're old now, played out, the kidz don't get you. time to shut it down old-timer.

Old Post May 5th, 2013 02:09 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Lol

Old Post May 5th, 2013 02:35 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Which is pretty much what the uncontrolled release of Monarch's power did: destroy an already existing universe.

Wholly irrelevant. If there was someone like Lucifer to guide/manipulate/weave those energies into a new creation, then no doubt Monarch's death would have rebooted the universe. As it so happens, there wasn't, so this is a useless non-sequiter.

I feel like posting the scans in which Captain Atom utilizes the link of his energies with the Quantum Field to spawn a universe and then subsequently destroy said universe.

Here they are:
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l...atom54163ui.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l...atom54182hn.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l...atom54195mk.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l...atom54207wq.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l...tom056199yp.jpg

Quantum power goes both ways as well. thumb up

Having read your points, claiming that the energies contained within Monarch's armor are completely unlike the Demiurgic power(especially in light of the highest-end stuff that Captain Atom has done with similar/identical energies) is one of the stupidest argumentations I've read in quite some time.
In comics, big bangs create, they do not destroy. Monarch's blast destroyed. Had Lucifer not taken Michael out of the prime creation, his subsequent release of energy would have destroyed said creation as well. Had Lucifer not been present in the void to shape Michael's raw energy into a physical creation, then it have equated to little more than a massive release of raw energy. Nothing more.

By your line of logic, any huge explosion with universe-busting potential equates to a big bang. I find that horrendously faulty, given that creating a universe is much more difficult, and requires much more energy input, than destroying a universe.

...And btw, the CA feat you likely copied/pasted from his respect thread was only possible because he was in the Quantum Field at the time. Had he not been in the QF, that creation feat wouldn't have been possible. So yeah, epic fail, etc.

Old Post May 5th, 2013 07:14 PM
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Big G munches on Monarch like a tasty kebob.

Old Post May 5th, 2013 07:27 PM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

In comics, big bangs create, they do not destroy. Monarch's blast destroyed. Had Lucifer not taken Michael out of the prime creation, his subsequent release of energy would have destroyed said creation as well. Had Lucifer not been present in the void to shape Michael's raw energy into a physical creation, then it have equated to little more than a massive release of raw energy. Nothing more.

By your line of logic, any huge explosion with universe-busting potential equates to a big bang. I find that horrendously faulty, given that creating a universe is much more difficult, and requires much more energy input, than destroying a universe.

...And btw, the CA feat you likely copied/pasted from his respect thread was only possible because he was in the Quantum Field at the time. Had he not been in the QF, that creation feat wouldn't have been possible. So yeah, epic fail, etc.

So, to summarize, in one paragraph alone you contradict yourself by claiming that Michael's energies both were and weren't a Big Bang. I intend to catalogue this post before I PM quan, telling him your cloaked concession that Lucifer didn't tank a destructive blast since at the time it was a Creation Event.

Hardly. I've provided proof with Captain Atom's energies spawning a universe, which is indicative of what Monarch's energies are capable of achieving since they have virtually identical powersets. I mean you would have a point if we were discussing something like the Null Bomb, or Mistress Death's explosion of the Cancerverse, but we're not, unfortunately for you.

I am not sure what relevance about where I got those scans from has on this discussion. And learn to read: I clearly mention Captain Atom's link to the Quantum Field in my post. Conversely speaking, Captain Atom's energies on their own aren't capable of destroying a universe as well. So that's that.

Old Post May 6th, 2013 04:30 AM
xJLxKing

Not sure if this settle the dispute but..
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...ntdown13p08.jpg

Old Post May 6th, 2013 04:42 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote