KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain Atom ( Monarch ) vs Galactus.

Captain Atom ( Monarch ) vs Galactus.
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

^Thanks. I was searching for that scan. It's not definitive, but still a substantial part of the overall proof of my position.

Old Post May 6th, 2013 04:44 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
So, to summarize, in one paragraph alone you contradict yourself by claiming that Michael's energies both were and weren't a Big Bang. I intend to catalogue this post before I PM quan, telling him your cloaked concession that Lucifer didn't tank a destructive blast since at the time it was a Creation Event.

Hardly. I've provided proof with Captain Atom's energies spawning a universe, which is indicative of what Monarch's energies are capable of achieving since they have virtually identical powersets. I mean you would have a point if we were discussing something like the Null Bomb, or Mistress Death's explosion of the Cancerverse, but we're not, unfortunately for you.

I am not sure what relevance about where I got those scans from has on this discussion. And learn to read: I clearly mention Captain Atom's link to the Quantum Field in my post. Conversely speaking, Captain Atom's energies on their own aren't capable of destroying a universe as well. So that's that.
laughing out loud You're basically arguing that any large/universal explosion should be quantified as a big bang, whether is destroys or creates... And the funniest part is that you're still failing to see the 'dur-ness' in that assertion. Bottom line: Monarch's detonation was never referred to as a big bang, nor did it create anything in it's wake. To the contrary, the universe he inadvertently destroyed had to be rebuilt by the Monitors afterward. Simply put: it wasn't a big bang by comic book standards.

And btw: The Quantum Field is a metaphysical realm that CA has/had complete control over. The QF is to Atom, what the Train Station is to the Trainman from The Matrix films. Outside the QF, Atom is much, MUCH less powerful, and hasn't preformed a feat remotely close to the one you're incessantly rambling about.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 6th, 2013 at 05:06 AM

Old Post May 6th, 2013 05:02 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Galan007
laughing out loud You're basically arguing that any large/universal explosion should be quantified as a big bang, whether is destroys or creates... And the funniest part is that you're still failing to see the 'dur-ness' in that assertion. Bottom line: Monarch's detonation was never referred to as a big bang, nor did it create anything in it's wake. To the contrary, the universe he inadvertently destroyed had to be rebuilt by the Monitors afterward. Simply put: it wasn't a big bang by comic book standards.

And btw: The Quantum Field is a metaphysical realm that CA has/had complete control over. The QF is to Atom, what the Train Station is to the Trainman from The Matrix films. Outside the QF, Atom is much, MUCH less powerful, and hasn't preformed a feat remotely close to the one you're incessantly rambling about.

I am not sure whether you're actually trying to make a point here, or just incoherently rambling, seeing as this repeated claim has already been addressed by me multiple times before, but for your sake, let's try again. Your spinaroonies on Michael's blast both being and not being a destructive blast, coupled with this ridiculous assertion that Monarch's blast only destroyed thee universe, hence it couldn't possibly be a Big Bang(since Big Bangs only create in your mindset) represents a faulty line of logic on your part not mine. Not to mention that Monarch boasting that his quantum power is akin to the Big Bang itself doesn't help your case either.

Again, not sure what you're trying to prove here either. I clearly admit that Captain Atom doesn't operate on this level in standard portrayal, and I mention the Quantum Field as well, all in my previous posts, yet you still point these out as if I am deliberately hiding or missing the context of that feat, which in itself is a fail attempt at trying to showcase to the world my supposed ignorance on this matter. The point of my citation of this instance is quite obvious though: the nature of Quantum Power can be both destructive and creative depending upon the circumstances under which it is utilized in such a grandiose scale. A point so simple, yet it continues to evade you for some strange reason.

Old Post May 6th, 2013 05:22 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Quantum energy, much like the demiurgic power, CAN be both destructive AND creative, depending on the situation-- I've never argued that much. You're just so dead-set on throwing out childish insults that you're no longer comprehending my posts. Once more: comic book big bangs CREATE, they do not destroy. Example:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads.../2036467-x.jpeg

That said, Monarch's blast ONLY destroyed, and left nothing but the blackness of space in its wake-- therefore, it was NOT a big bang in the typical sense. Simple. Additionally, the blast itself was NEVER referred to as a big bang, so I don't know where your opinion on the matter even stems from..? Monarch comparing his quantum power to a big bang doesn't mean his final detonation WAS a big bang(in the typical sense.) Why? Because like I said: it didn't create-- it ONLY destroyed.

I'm not going to follow your line of thought that ANY large-scale/universal explosion equates to a big bang by proxy. Frankly, I find that assertion.... Funny, really.

Last edited by Galan007 on May 6th, 2013 at 04:08 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2013 03:58 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Smh...

Monarch's explosion wasn't a big bang, but it was a universe killer. It wiped out nearly everything that existed inside of the reality.

Can we please just agree to disagree and move on?

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post May 6th, 2013 04:05 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Smh...

Monarch's explosion wasn't a big bang, but it was a universe killer. It wiped out nearly everything that existed inside of the reality.

As long as no further unwarranted insults are delivered on his end, I'm perfectly fine with that. thumb up

Old Post May 6th, 2013 04:07 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Quantum energy, much like the demiurgic power, CAN be both destructive AND creative, depending on the situation-- I've never argued that much.You're just so dead-set on throwing out childish insults that you're no longer comprehending my posts. Once more: comic book big bangs CREATE, they do not destroy. Example:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads.../2036467-x.jpeg

That is the only part of this portion of your post which is worth addressing, as the rest is just a pointless non-sequiter rehashing the same points for the umpteenth time, points that I have already countered/addressed in the last page or 2 of this thread.

That said, Monarch's blast ONLY destroyed, and left nothing but the blackness of space in its wake-- therefore, it was NOT a big bang in the typical sense. Simple. Additionally, the blast itself was NEVER referred to as a big bang, so I don't know where your opinion on the matter even stems from..? Monarch comparing his quantum power to a big bang doesn't mean his final detonation WAS a big bang(in the typical sense.) Why? Because like I said: it didn't create-- it ONLY destroyed.

Which is the same thing that the Demiurgos would have done had it imploded in the mainstream universe/multiverse(or whatever the hell Yahweh's creation was). That's the simple point: if a high-end reality manipulator had detonated Monarch in a controlled fashion in the void of space, a new reality would have been created, but it wasn't a high-end reality manipulator, instead it was Superbitch Prime, and hence the end result of this incident is the destruction of the universe.

I'm not going to follow your line of thought that ANY large-scale/universal explosion equates to a big bang by proxy. Frankly, I find that assertion.... Funny, really.

The truly funny thing though is that my argument so far has only pertained to the Monarch/Captain Atom Quantum Power and its similarities to the Dunamis Demiurgos. I very clearly specified this stance by citing examples like the Null Bomb and Mistress Death's destruction of the Cancerverse... points that again escaped you somehow.

Old Post May 6th, 2013 04:48 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Smh...

It was akin to the Big Bang. Monarch even says so much himself in the scan provided on the previous page.

And based on Galan's scan in which he equates an explosion very similar to the Big Bang as a Big Bang itself("the unimaginable energy burst into the endlessness of the Beyond in an explosive torrent not unlike the cataclysmic explosion said to have begun our universe"), we can safely conclude that the power in Monarch's suit was a Big Bang.

Old Post May 6th, 2013 04:54 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I disagree. It's semantics.

I'm moving on.

>Z<

Old Post May 6th, 2013 05:05 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

^Kthanxbye.

Old Post May 6th, 2013 05:08 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That's the simple point: if a high-end reality manipulator had detonated Monarch in a controlled fashion in the void of space, a new reality would have been created, but it wasn't a high-end reality manipulator, instead it was Superbitch Prime, and hence the end result of this incident is the destruction of the universe.
Wow. So you're basing your opinion that it was a big bang on what might have been possible, if Monarch would have been detonated in a void, and if a high-end reality manipulator would have been present?

...And I'm supposed to take you seriously? Lol, moving on...

Old Post May 6th, 2013 06:56 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

^The same thing would've happened as in the case of Lucifer and the Demiurgos, or better still, Captain Atom with the Quantum Power(which is a much better example for the Monarch case).

Since you don't take me seriously enough, I presume you won't return to this discussion anytime soon, if at all.

Old Post May 6th, 2013 07:21 PM
xJLxKing

Let me explain something. Think of the qp as a battery's power cell. How you use that energy or transform it to either become a big bang or what in this case monarch did, is the difference.

Old Post May 6th, 2013 07:24 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I presume you won't return to this discussion anytime soon, if at all.
Right you are. My interest took quite a nosedive recently. thumb up

Old Post May 6th, 2013 07:28 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

So... Galactus wins easily

Old Post May 6th, 2013 08:04 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Pretty much.

>Z<

Old Post May 6th, 2013 08:11 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Affirmative.

Old Post May 6th, 2013 08:13 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Not if our pal zopzop has anything to say about it.

Old Post May 6th, 2013 10:31 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Not if our pal zopzop has anything to say about it.

thumb up
Monarch's universe killer blasts Galactus into pieces. cool

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post May 6th, 2013 10:36 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

zopped

Old Post May 6th, 2013 10:55 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote