KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars Meets LOTR...Sort of...

Star Wars Meets LOTR...Sort of...
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

Star Wars Meets LOTR...Sort of...

I just saw the quicktime trailer for Pirates of the Carribbean...it looks like a great movie....
I am most definately going to see it....besides I think Kierra Knightly is in it....which means that a person who played in star wars and a person who played in LOTR is in it....(Orlando Bloom)
Happy Dance big grin smile
Oh I can't wait until July 9th

Old Post Apr 21st, 2003 09:32 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

That was by far the best trailer I've seen in awhile....believe me I've seen some bad trailers recently...this one made my day though

Old Post Apr 21st, 2003 09:40 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Kierra Knightly is a splendid actress. She also starred in the Robin Hood spinoff, Princess of Thieves, as his daughter. That was a cool movie. You got to see it if you haven't already! cool

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2003 12:37 AM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kira

I saw the trailer for POTC too... I am looking forward to watching this movie. Yeah both Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom are in it with Johnny Depp.

I've seen the Princess of Thieves... It was pretty good... Yeah I think Keira Knightley is a great actress. You know she's in Bend it like Beckham.

Last edited by kira on Apr 22nd, 2003 at 06:48 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2003 06:45 AM
kira is currently offline Click here to Send kira a Private Message Find more posts by kira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Novithiliel
Crazy elf

Can't wait for POTC.....to bad I have to wait a bit longer, until October I think it was. sad

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2003 01:34 PM
Novithiliel is currently offline Click here to Send Novithiliel a Private Message Find more posts by Novithiliel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

awww...at least you'll get to see it eventually...
ANd I agree that Kierra knightly is a great actress....Orlando bloom isn't bad either:-)
and yes, Princess of Thieves was good....not the best movie I've ever seen, but it was pretty entertaining

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2003 03:02 AM
Julie
The Student

Does no one else find this "fact" exciting?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2003 04:19 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I do.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2003 05:09 AM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

yeah....there is someone who agrees:-)

Old Post Apr 25th, 2003 03:35 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Christopher Lee is the true SW meets LOTR, anyway. What with him playing the same person in both.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 26th, 2003 11:08 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

what the bad guy......yes that's true....I had thought of that....way back when the two movies were coming out...I think this was more of a long distance shot so I thought it was worth pointing out....Thanks for the info

Old Post Apr 26th, 2003 11:48 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Not just 'the bad guy'. The SAME bad guy. Oh, they have different names but we all know they are the same person.

"Join me, Obi-Wan, and together we can DESTROY Sauron... whoops, did it again..."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 27th, 2003 08:20 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

lol

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2003 08:56 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

same type of bad guy.....though yes very very similar......only Dooku escapes.....for now

Old Post Apr 28th, 2003 06:24 PM