KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Green Latern different actor

Green Latern different actor
Started by: Supra

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Green Latern different actor

If Ben Affleck had played Hal Jordan do you think the movie would have been any better? I felt like Van Wilder was the wrong choice and everything he said seemed he was trying to make a joke and none of it was that funny,

Old Post May 11th, 2013 07:26 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

The movie had potential and screwed it all up...I dont get it. Why make a movie at all if its trash.

Old Post May 11th, 2013 07:36 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The casting of Hal Jordan wasn't the problem, imo. Reynolds would have fit the part fine, if not for the script being what it was.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 11th, 2013 07:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
The casting of Hal Jordan wasn't the problem, imo. Reynolds would have fit the part fine, if not for the script being what it was.

Every actor though can bring something different to the table though, even the script. Like in Django Unchained, when Calvin Candie cut his hand at the last supper that was actually not supposed to happen but he went with the bloody mess and it turned out really good. My thinking is that if Ben had been there he has enough clout to say no no lets do this different. I really liked him as Daredevil so I think he could have done a good Hal. What about you?

Old Post May 11th, 2013 08:24 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I like Affleck as an actor. I don't think, however, that he would have done any better than Reynolds, who to me is a solid actor.

In the scenes where Hal is just being Hal, I thought Reynolds was good.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 11th, 2013 08:32 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like Affleck as an actor. I don't think, however, that he would have done any better than Reynolds, who to me is a solid actor.

In the scenes where Hal is just being Hal, I thought Reynolds was good.

Did you like the movie overall or was it disappointing you?

Old Post May 11th, 2013 08:44 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Supra
Did you like the movie overall or was it disappointing you?

There were things I liked about it, but I still ended up disappointed. There were several comic arcs they could have used as a guideline, but in the end I felt like they were trying to cram too much in to it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 11th, 2013 08:45 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They should'eve just stuck with using Green Lantern: Secret Origin, Parallax wasn't needed for the movie.

Old Post May 11th, 2013 08:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
They should'eve just stuck with using Green Lantern: Secret Origin, Parallax wasn't needed for the movie.

Whats Green Lantern: Secret Origin?

Old Post May 11th, 2013 08:57 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

His origin....duh.

Old Post May 11th, 2013 09:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It was a redone origin for Green Lantern that took place after the Sinestro Corps crossover. It's pretty good imo, and you can buy it in trade.

That's the actual, polite answer.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 11th, 2013 09:06 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was a redone origin for Green Lantern that took place after the Sinestro Corps crossover. It's pretty good imo, and you can buy it in trade.

That's the actual, polite answer.

OK thanks Ill try to pick it up tomorrow

Old Post May 11th, 2013 09:07 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The copy that i got has a introduction from Ryan Reynolds in it.

Old Post May 11th, 2013 09:15 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
The copy that i got has a introduction from Ryan Reynolds in it.

laughing

Old Post May 11th, 2013 09:22 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

IMO Chris Pine would be a great Hal Jordan

Old Post May 11th, 2013 09:25 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Supra
laughing

And that's funny how?

Old Post May 12th, 2013 02:40 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Affleck wold have stunk up the place even more.. Green Lantern was crap, the acting, direction, script all crap....

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 12th, 2013 05:00 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Ben Affleck didn't help Daredevil be a better film, though he himself wasn't the problem; it was so much of the rest of the movie. Green Lantern had the same problem. Ryan Reynolds was fine - it was the the movie that that butchered itself at the story level and the final film editing.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 13th, 2013 01:57 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote