KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » My Little Pony: Equestria Girls

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Actually yes. It wasn't bad, I had only one major gripe with it, if you can get it for 20$ or so, pick it up, imho. Or see it on Netflic.

The thing that makes the show good was still there, the characters. (And their antics.) There's a little bit of shouting out to the fans, and they're surprisingly self aware about how goofy the concept is. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: They even make fun of Twilicorn.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2013 11:03 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Do you know what date they'll show it on the hub? I know it's fall but the rest eludes my Google searches.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2013 11:11 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The fact Equestria Girls is not in mostly every theatre in the US (much to my incredible disappointment), I'm guessing it won't be long 'til we see a DVD release.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2013 05:35 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Okay the trip was definitely worth it. Equestria Girls is awesome! Holy crap. There wasn't as much highschool drama as I feared there would be, Flash Sentry is surprisingly kinda okay now in my book, the musicals are kick ass, the comedy is great, and the principals of the school are hot!

As much as I liked it, the movie had a problem and it's name is Sunset Shimmer. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: For one thing, her transformation left me speechless. Who would've thought if you're not Twilight and wore her Element of Harmony outside the Ponyverse, you'd be turned into a Digimon. Also, she's a lackluster villain. There was hardly any explanation to why she's such a *****. The movie implies she just is and that's lazy. Now I'm wishing Trixie didn't reappear in Season 3 and was saved as the film's antagonist. That would've been a lot better.

Overall though, the movie is great. Any Bronies still worried it's bad, it's not. Clear the doubts away. Watch it!

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 30th, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2013 12:26 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

My largest problem with the movie was Flash Sentry. I hate him, he should not have been in the movie, he played no role except to troll people.

Other than him the movie was good.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2013 06:58 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm just rendering him non-canon in my head, forever. Twilight and Celestia are lovers and there's nothing that can change that.

Flash Sentry??? I know of no-one by that name hahahah!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2013 07:03 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Old Post Jun 30th, 2013 09:21 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
My largest problem with the movie was Flash Sentry. I hate him, he should not have been in the movie, he played no role except to troll people.

Other than him the movie was good.

Now that I'm done hyping, I'm gonna say I didn't have a problem with Flash because I guess I didn't find much to hate him and yet I have little reason to like him also. I like to redact what I said about him being okay. He actually has the same problem as Sunset: both don't have a lot of background to help us better learn about the characters.

Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm just rendering him non-canon in my head, forever. Twilight and Celestia are lovers and there's nothing that can change that.

Flash Sentry??? I know of no-one by that name hahahah!

Twilestia? I'm pretty sure you were all for the TwiPie awhile back.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
(please log in to view the image)

It really is for the best what happens in the movie, stays in the movie.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2013 11:00 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Twilestia? I'm pretty sure you were all for the TwiPie awhile back.

TwiPie would be cute, but Twilestia is just so...... wrong.

Ehehehehehe.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2013 11:06 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Necropost, but goddamn Neph. Your setup right now fits perfectly with that post.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 10:31 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote